(Proposal) Switch To An Old Map - Solutions For The Fringe Til 4.0.

calculusdesola

Fringe preference  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the fringe?

• Yeah, it suits everybody's preference.
    • Yeah, but we could do better.
    • Kind of, but we could do better.
    • Nope, but we could do better.
    • Other (will state in reply).
  2. 2. Any of the following solutions sound interesting to you?

• Switch to Anthos til 4.0.
    • Switch to Asulon til 4.0.
    • Switch to Aegis til 4.0.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Does the high seas ships idea suggested by Senda sound good to you? (http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112835-proposal-switch-to-an-old-map-solutions-for-the-fringe-til-40/page-2#entry1069344)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other.

As someone who hasn't seen an Aegis, I would be very curious what it would bring.

Though, I would take any pill besides the one that says "The Fringe"... I agree with you sincerely Vulcus.

The problem isn't the map, the problem is the people in the map

According to all the votes, the problem is the map.

The problem isn't the map, the problem is the people in the map

Doesn't really explain the inactivity.

Moving back to Elysium makes some sense; it's one of the islands that we fled asulon from, and while I don't think that the map intrinsically will make RP better, it'll still look much better.

Also, I propose a total item wipe.

Eylsium, Asulon or Aegis.

Dear god yes.

Doesn't really explain the inactivity.

The staff gave a free build map. And then we go in and build, and it starts to suck. The map is only bad because people made it bad. The people who dislike the map are some of the people who made it suck.

The staff gave a free build map. And then we go in and build, and it starts to suck. The map is only bad because people made it bad. The people who dislike the map are some of the people who made it suck.

Not really. There is no spice to the Fringe anymore. It's not about the builds on it. It's the fact that absolutely nothing matters on it. We will lose everything we gained in the fringe anyway. A temp map is meant to last for a few weeks or a maximum of one month to keep the playerbase entertained. It is way overdue and no longer important. It must be disposed of.

I'm all for a map swap if it means the 4.0 wait will be a little easier to stomach, I'm waiting to hear back from Tythus on skype (If I was able swap out the maps i would do it in a heartbeat.)

As soon as I hear back from him we'll have this sorted and hopefully be movin' to a new place to call home for time being.

(I was thinking, a minecraft generated world where our quest is to find the portal that takes us to the land of our ancestors. **4.0**)

:thumbup:

I'm all for a map swap if it means the 4.0 wait will be a little easier to stomach, I'm waiting to hear back from Tythus on skype (If I was able swap out the maps i would do it in a heartbeat.)

As soon as I hear back from him we'll have this sorted and hopefully be movin' to a new place to call home for time being.

(I was thinking, a minecraft generated world where our quest is to find the portal that takes us to the land of our ancestors. **4.0**)

Or an old place. Like Elsyium.  :megustacreepy:

Could we have a heads up before hand? And will the items be wiped during this transition from 3.5 -> 3.75?

Mc generate a world with big biomes.

Could we have a heads up before hand? And will the items be wiped during this transition from 3.5 -> 3.75?

There'll  be a forum post / in-game event & notice if and when this happens, no worries.

As for the items, most-likely

Another idea would be to test any new plugins that the tech team wants to release for 4.0 in-game in this new 3.75 so that way we can make the experience once we get to 4.0 as nice as possible without possibly unpleasant plugins greeting us upon arrival. 

I've actually never seen another proper map (I'm "Anthosian").

I'd like this, but remember guys, it's not just the map itself that's the issue. We won't magically solve our troubles by switching to Aegis. As I always say, just... be nice to people, and it'll be better.

Wiping items might be a good idea, as well, heading to this boat idea. This want for pixels may be the cause of some of these problems.