Archy, The Doll

TavernLich

OOC:

So basically after playing a partially insane, weirdo who is also fashion fanatic, I decided that it was getting very predictable. I mean I RP with the sole reason of fun and interest, but over the course of my persona Archibald, things have gotten predictable and sometimes boring, because how else are you going to respond to a person such as him? Punch him in the face, of course, which was fun but the sheer stagnant patterns of RP got boring. So after thinking it through, why not put his soul in a puppet/ ventriloquist doll? Maybe add some interesting/ creepy doll RP? 

Abilities:

[paste OP abilities here]

-nah JK, this "doll" of sorts is capable of anything a person would do, but with the added weakness of, well, weak, for lack of better words. (so no Chuckie the Killer Doll, who is somehow stronger than real people)

- the fact he is a small wooden doll causes him to be extremely weak and fragile, not to mention having a weakness to things that damage wood (fire, water, etc.)

Appearance:

-just a normal looking puppet/ doll

-wearing a suite

IG:

*Archibald lays a the last of the dead man's blood in the field, tainting the land with the smell of rot and death*

*As he finishes, he gazes out unto the open field, his eyes wide with wonder as he sees the pentagram completed, ornaments of the such lain about, obviously just for decoration.*

"Ahh! At last! It is completed!" speaks the insane elf, holding a jar of bones and the like, seeming to be dripping with blood still.

*He throws the bones at the center of the pentagram, along with a strange puppet*

*Slowly, the pentagram glows with a dim eldritch light coming from the center*

"What do you want my child?" says a soft, mother-like voice coming from everywhere around Archibald.

"Immortality, mother, true immortality...."

"So it shall be..." the voice says as the doll and Archibald is lifted unto the air.

"Yes... yes!" says the mad elf

*Slowly the two intertwine until both of them are dropped into the ground, the voice and the light gone*

Archibald looks around in confusion "IT DIDN'T WORK!"

*As his hands go about crazily, he notices how large the world has become and after looking at his hands. he sees wood.*

Slowly turning around, he sees his old body, with a smile he speaks, "So it begins..."

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Despite having his soul moved Archibald is still very much alive.

- This means the doll only merely is a container for his soul, preventing it from passing through the monks and therefore, once this container is destroyed, his soul will be "set free" and able to go through the monks and return to his mortal self, forgetting all of his memories as a doll.

- Archibald is a soul in a container meaning he is not a necrolyte and technically not "corrupted"

- Archibald can die as any human would and if he is to die, he can never perform this ritual again 

A reasonable idea, but add some more backstory on the ritual, and the things of your character. Why does he want to really become a doll IC? does he have the required research of it IC? Or is this an OOC motive to give your character a fun edge? If so try to keep it In character and create a base line on why Archi would do such a drastic thing as this. Thank you.

A reasonable idea, but add some more backstory on the ritual, and the things of your character. Why does he want to really become a doll IC? does he have the required research of it IC? Or is this an OOC motive to give your character a fun edge? If so try to keep it In character and create a base line on why Archi would do such a drastic thing as this. Thank you. 

I can attest to this elf's insanity. He wants "true immortality" and has for at least a week now, since Scylla met him.

He constantly hunts for ways to do that. *shrug* About the other questions, idk.

Just wondering since I know lore is good and everything to get things approved it is just that I know characters that have been trying to get immortality for now months at a time and "true" immortality is almost never a given to achieve unless done through lore. Though that is why I suggest making it more of an lengthen post.

I'm a walking puppet, come and join me!

Anyways what I mean by true immortality is being apart from the descendant races, free from rot and old age. This doesn't however mean i cannot die, the lore itself is flawed and needs to be polished up.

But elves don't age.

I believe puppet/doll creatures are already canon.

Also lalve said that and I'm a dummy

But elves don't age.

They do. It is just too slow to be noticeable. Though past the age of 1,000 the mind begins to rot and the elf goes insane be it good or bad. The end result is suicide. Or this is how it was in Aegis/Asulon lore.

They do. It is just too slow to be noticeable. Though past the age of 1,000 the mind begins to rot and the elf goes insane be it good or bad. The end result is suicide. Or this is how it was in Aegis/Asulon lore.

I feel like that could be avoided by having one's mind wiped clean in some way periodically.

I feel like that could be avoided by having one's mind wiped clean in some way periodically.

Only way to really wipe a mind would be amnesia due to blunt force trauma, and thats temporary, but even then, the mind is old and weakened, can't fix that.

@Demotheus, elves do age, just not in the same way as humans. Elves are hardly immortal either, some just die off after a 1000 years or so of life. Of course, this is what I believe/know. The lady of laughter, the eldest elf to ever live besides (probably?) Native died when they were older than a thousand, and nobody's hit that mark since me thinks.

As for this lore, go for it! Sounds badass, just don't let the Ascended or Clerics purge you from existence, don't blatantly show what you are, perhaps have someone carry you around as if your a toy, or something ;p

Actually I have planned on making it so that if he is purged by clerics and ascended (and the like) he will return to his mortal body, forgetting whatever he did as a doll. Because unlike ghosts, Archibald is still alive, the doll is merely a container for his soul, if that container is broken by anyone at all (not just clerics and ascended) his soul will be "free" and therefore past through the monks, where he will then returned to his mortal body, never able to do this process anymore.