Wip[Lore/maybe Lore Proposal] The Dragon's Curse

Demotheus

Please give me a list of reasons why Shades were either needed, or necessary, or both. 

I don't really think it's fair to attack another piece of lore just to try and make yours seem more legitimate, sorry. But anyway, to me, Shades are an interesting thing because they can provide very great conflict role-play - Even if it is not actual violent conflict. Yes, they may be unneeded in some people's opinion, but the same could be said for many things on this server. 

I don't really think it's fair to attack another piece of lore just to try and make yours seem more legitimate, sorry. But anyway, to me, Shades are an interesting thing because they can provide very great conflict role-play - Even if it is not actual violent conflict. Yes, they may be unneeded in some people's opinion, but the same could be said for many things on this server. 

I'm not attacking shades. I'm just making a point. What makes his lore more fit for the server than mine? Because you think it's just to make my character a special snowflake? Breaking news: Shades are special snowflakes. Necromancers are special snowflakes. Druids are special ...starleaves idk. And definitely that super assassin backflipping ninja wielding two full katana's with one red eye and one purple eye hooded and masked wreathed in shadows of the night guy is a special snowflake.

Honestly, if it weren't for people wanting to be special snowflakes, and also spreading their snowflakeyness around we wouldn't have the frost witches, shades, etc. etc. etc. I understand if you personally dislike it, but provide some actual critisism or something instead of "nope." ((blanket statement, i can't remember if you gave criticism or not, i'm tired so...i'm not working on it right now anyway~)

Edited by Demotheus

All lore is technically irrelevant, though I will say this lore is interesting, I still feel you should change the name. Dragon Kin already exist and will get mixed up with this.

Dragon Kin are Draagar, and Drakes as I said before. Drakes are basically corrupted dragons, and Draagar half dragon half daemons who hoard knowledge.

There is no real reasoning, that I can see, that would link this curse to dragons beyond them sharing similar traits -- and LoTC's dragons don't even hoard gold or any form of wealth, they're bestial creatures. Draagar hoard knowledge, but they are Draagar, and a bit different than regular dragons and drakes. Seeing as dragons cannot breed with the four races (or any, to further that point), any notion of "kin" would simply be incorrect. To relate this to Dwarves or Draagar would be better, though I don't really want to see any dragonborn-esque concepts floating around the server at all. It's not necessary.

To refute this "all things are unnecessary" argument, in conclusion, you shouldn't look at all the lore that has been developed with such a narrow view; this lore has influenced the genre of LoTC's setting, and as a result other lore that had been later accepted were allowed to passed because they related to the setting referred to prior. Wraiths relate to Necromancy and Aegis. Necromancy is a bi-product of Iblees' magic. Iblees is a core factor of what drives server lore. Shade magic is also derivitive from Iblees. Dread Knights come from Blood Mages, whom were integrated into Asulon as a special sect of Monks. Druids existed since Aegis, and build their lore around what the setting offered overtime. The same goes of Frost Witches, and Clerics, etc, and so-on and so-forth. The point likely being brought up as these comments suggesting the idea is unnecessary is from the fact it simply may not fit, or does not make sense, or is truly not necessary in a manner where the server is already chalk-full of special groups and needs them to be occupied before stuff like this surfaces as approved content.

Could play a strelt, we're not special snowflakes!

Change the name and 99% of this shitstorm can be avoided.

dovahkin! dovahkin! naal ok zin los vahriin!

this modified could just be the dorf curse.

dovahkin! dovahkin! naal ok zin los vahriin!

this modified could just be the dorf curse.

Dwarves dont' seem to be as preoccupied with their "hoards" as this suggests "Dragonkin" are....and swgrclan the name will be changed, I've said that already...I've got school soon though and I just woke up xD

Dragonkin makes me think about Skyrim and dragonborn :isee:

I don't really see why this needs LM approval, if you don't mind me asking, what part of it does?

I'm sorry to say that this lore was taken to a vote by the loremasters and has been denied.

Mostly, this lore partakes to a great take on hording, yet then adds physical changes and talks to dragons all around. It may be played with the removal of those things, perhaps as a sideeffect of eating a golden apple. As for expanding it, and giving it to others is a no as well.