Aura Sensory Magic

MamaBearJade

I know this is off-topic, but you've broaden my horizons with mention of hair tampons!

It's a more natural and healthier alternative to synthetic cotton tampons that the pharmacy companies try to force on you to fill their pockets 

((Sorry about spamming your chat with tampon talk))

So the auras from The Alchemyst series? 
Didnt read the whole thing just asking before I continue

My main point is that this isn't magic.

This is an ability akin to a heightened sense of smell.

With teaching it would be similar to teaching someone to read sheet music.

So if you want to RP it go ahead. There is nothing wrong with you assuming aura color in character.

You just can't tell someone their aura color and demand they follow it. <--- That is where the PG comes in.

PS. It is alright to pull from RL. Aura sensing isn't magic. It's an ability. I can swing a bat real well. You can see auras. Aight?

So the auras from The Alchemyst series? 

Didnt read the whole thing just asking before I continue

No from wiccanism and irl

My main point is that this isn't magic.

This is an ability akin to a heightened sense of smell.

With teaching it would be similar to teaching someone to read sheet music.

So if you want to RP it go ahead. There is nothing wrong with you assuming aura color in character.

You just can't tell someone their aura color and demand they follow it. <--- That is where the PG comes in.

PS. It is alright to pull from RL. Aura sensing isn't magic. It's an ability. I can swing a bat real well. You can see auras. Aight?

Again people go "well where is your lore?"

plus this would be interesting to add to those who play blind characters. Only able to see people by "colored" auras, wont do crap for none living beings

No from wiccanism and irl

IRL!? when have u seen auras irl except from when your high?

IRL!? when have u seen auras irl except from when your high?

I personally have never seen them. I can feel when someone is near me, but thats about the extent of it. I wish I could. 

He basically just said you are allowed to RP it Jade. Your lore is right here. So I would assume you are good to go, and if people ask where is the lore just direct them to this.

Don't see why you need lore for this.

Tbh it seems kinda wierd but whatever

I've read through a few times and I like it so far! I feel it's very balanced and would make an interesting completely non-combative (finally!) magic. +1

#Household Magic

Similar to Piercing Darkness, I see no reason why this should be a locked magic. It's interesting and I like it, but there's no reason to lock it. Locking it would just make it some weird tiny barely-present special magic for special people with special friends. That's kind of a waste.

Similar to Piercing Darkness, I see no reason why this should be a locked magic. It's interesting and I like it, but there's no reason to lock it. Locking it would just make it some weird tiny barely-present special magic for special people with special friends. That's kind of a waste.

I stated i am unlocking this... -.-

And i wanted it teacher locked like mental magic meaning it could get spread easily if you found a teacher

I stated i am unlocking this... -.-

And i wanted it teacher locked like mental magic meaning it could get spread easily if you found a teacher

Didn't see that, so my bad.

About teacher locked magic though, those have a tendency to disappear and go inactive when the teacher(s) stop bothering. We've a lot of magics atm that are never Rped.

Some things can be power-gamed more than others and unlocking all magic will cause the locked magics to deteriorate quality wise just as void magic has.

That's just not true. While this is purely opinion, there's no correlation between locked/unlocked magic and tendency to powergame. Likewise, it's far easier to powergame a fireball than it is to powergame druidism. You're just wrong here, frienderino.

As for this lore, I'm glad to see it will be unlocked so anyone can learn it, but I think Kitten/Kalameet's sentiments are sorta important and should be considered.

That's just not true. While this is purely opinion, there's no correlation between locked/unlocked magic and tendency to powergame. Likewise, it's far easier to powergame a fireball than it is to powergame druidism. You're just wrong here, frienderino.

As for this lore, I'm glad to see it will be unlocked so anyone can learn it, but I think Kitten/Kalameet's sentiments are sorta important and should be considered.

A fireball isn't any easy to powergame then anything else. In regards to lore, fireballs are one of the simplest things to get right. I don't believe peoples worry is how bad someone can powergame in a fight. I believe it's simply acting out of what a magic can do from a lore perspective.

Of course, both is an issue. As most people aren't exactly knowledgeable in regards to such things, aside from LMs, which don't do anything to prevent this. Rip magic blacklists.