[✗] Another Pandemic! Plz

onm224

Event Planners, MC Names: onm224

Event Type: Pandemic

Event Date: when possile (it would last for a few weeks, 2 or 3)

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Everyone

Event Location: Athera

Summary: It would be like the one we had in the Fringe: extremly contagious (contact, crops, water, clothes...) and the orign of it could be for example an infected cow or a new tea shop which is selling tea made with a flower found in the Fiandra Forest.

Once the plague has started, settlements and kingdoms would start to fall, refuges would be built and people would divide in small groups for searching food and a safe place to stay.

Concept Images/Screenshots - nope

Other Information: The cure could be a potion or a flower hidden around the map (which could be the antidote).

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yeah...

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: they could be needed, it depens.

+1

Nah, not interested. If it happened I'd have to leave 'til it was over.

We have plagues every few months, it feels more like a trope than something interesting to me.

I personally think it would be fun. And it really does bring a lot of RP if it's done properly.

Maybe give it a month or two, not now. Perhaps have its origins come from the undead

Here's a compilation of a small amount of the status updates from the last time we had a mechanical plague.

9QVnJYC.png

Mechanical plagues brought out the worst in the community by having idiots running down the roads punching people to infect them as well as ostracizing every single player that would be unaffected by the plague, but now has the plague.

Here's a compilation of a small amount of the status updates from the last time we had a mechanical plague.

9QVnJYC.png

Mechanical plagues brought out the worst in the community by having idiots running down the roads punching people to infect them as well as ostracizing every single player that would be unaffected by the plague, but now has the plague.

Yeah, we could go throgh all these complaints and try not to make them again

Yeah, we could go throgh all these complaints and try not to make them again

Which means making a roleplay plague. That has been tried, and failed many many times.

Fixing the mechanical plague means creating a plague blacklist for certain players and a different means of distribution. Whether or not the techies are willing to put in that effort is up to the techies.

.. If they make a new plugin for this I really don't know how I'd feel about that. The people OOCly running around infecting people was so fricken stupid that i literally didn't want to play because of said stupidity. They should (as said in a previous post) make a list of people who were known to do this so that this doesn't happen again. 

For the record, I could care less about the plague itself (my character was infected and managed to survive but just barely), it's the people that ruin it and don't even RP it that ruined it. 

Well, I was a dwarf that was holed up with the others in the Dwarven Plague proof bunker in the Fringe (After being infected..eh..3 times?) so I can't really say anything to the 'People no rp infections', but it could be fun /if/ people actually rp. Maybe tweak the plugin (If a plugin is used) or something. But I generally had alot of fun with the Fringe Plague, gave me a chance away from the constant wars.

+1

RP plague. Wherein it tells you that you are infected but doesn’t have any debuffs, only the ones that you RP.

I don't know bout you guys but that was pretty amazing. Helping Arche make it was hella fun, and I'm sure we could come up with something a bit better if given a bit of time~

My vote is for another plague. Let the slaughter begin... in a different manner than clicky clicky fun time.

My vote is for another plague aswell! Me and my squad never got infected and the RP was so much fun in my opinion.