[✗] Another Pandemic! Plz

onm224

god no

>get punched by an ET playing a man in a cartoon skin named "plagued man"

>infected

>**** around with druids and clerics, no cure!!! wait an hour in the druido grove at 1/2 heart semi-flirting with a druido that's healing me, just for a goddamn mod to say "no only brnap can cure now not ngruk"

>finally get cured by orc shaman, after two days of not being able to RP with anyone.

>punched again

alternatively

>fight with mod playing some godforsaken undead thing

>*your innards explode rip ur dead*

>don't log on my alt until 4.0

---

If you're going to make another (mechanical) plague, don't make it some contact bullshit that auto-infects anyone in 5 blocks range from an infected player. I actually liked the plague until we started getting fucked over by someone punching people to infect.

It'd be fun if the plague was transferable by fluids, and the symptoms were something somebody without a gore fetish might want to role-play. I can't tell you how much the plague squicked me out OOCly. The writers of the plague went overboard, and while something could be said for their horror-writing abilities, it wasn't pleasant to roleplay the symptoms.

Maybe we could write lore for an undead plague that turns people into zombies? (Or alternatively, insanity/taint/corruption so people don't lose their characters)

For the love of God, no.

I was hit in MC by Dalek after he got pissed that my character had to kill him in RP for having the plague.

The next few days were spent trying to find a doctor, and just ruined my role-play experience.

No Nausea, some people get motion sick from it. Me included.

Even then, it would have to be a Heavy RP thing, no real Plugin mechanics.

Punching people had absolutely zero effect on spreading the plague ;) I know the plague code inside out so I'm nothing less than 101% certain it's false. It was funny how people kept repeating this false fact on Skype chat at first (after all how can you have paranoia without a bit of misinformation?) but it's a bit silly to keep perpetuating this rumor as a complaint: If anything it's an argument against Skype rumours.

Aaaannnyway as much as I loved doing plague stuff we have more pressing things to code right now. Try a RP variant! Remember the Asulon plague was fully player-fueled, which is a great accomplishment by itself.

errr... dunno how I feel about this. During the plague I got holed up in a room underground, locked in with a bunch of infected people. It got to the point people were SSing out. It ruined RP, it destroyed my fun, this one person was 'healed RPly' then I got mechanically infected. A RP plague? MAAAAYBE. But a mechincal one? jeez dont. I speak for alot of players when I say this

"A RP plague would be amazing, but a mechincal one would generate anger amongst the playerbase." So please dont do it Mechanically. I dont wanna be holed up in a bunker, for a RL week, in the meantime playing around on steam on TF2 :-/

No one would abide by an RP plague without a mechanical side to it. Though I don't think it should kill people.

It sounds fun and I wasn't there for the other plague although it could go either horribly wrong or horribly well.

Horribly Wrong: Everyone kills eachother to survive the plague.

Horribly Well: Everyone tries to team up together to combat the plague as one.

...I LIKE IT!

Judging from the comments I say they should do it if they tweak the plague. They shouldn't let it be spread by players. Remember the Black Death? Fleas spread that plague mostly, barely humans.

I don't mind a plague as long as it's not shoved down my throat, and I can choose to be infected.

The last mechanical plague was just annoying. I'm glad to see the statuses of people saying the same thing I did, but oh no. I always complain. The roleplay was mostly pretty boring. I had to log out for the duration of the plague because it wasn't fun and it began to stagnate.

In RP yes. Mechanically? Probably not.. I was plagued forever last time, it made RPing living Hell because people'd run around punching eachother to infect. Like, wtf. 

In RP yes. Mechanically? Probably not.. I was plagued forever last time, it made RPing living Hell because people'd run around punching eachother to infect. Like, wtf. 

Goes to show pvp default TRULY kills, eh?

An RP plague? Ooo, I get to shove druid mojoed moldy bread down people's throats~

Goes to show pvp default TRULY kills, eh?

Blame the idiots who give the plague. If it were real life, these people would be evil. Giving people plague just for the fun of it technically is evil.

Mermaidman-Evil.JPG

The current event has been denied due to the recent map change. If you wish to repost the event for the new map, please use the correct format found here.