The Ratlins V2 [Racial Lore]

Dragonslayerelf

Rat people...

Do the like to make potato knishes?

No no they dont. That was officially the weirdest youtube video i've ever seen.

How the Kha beat everything else:

Multiple polls to always keep the community interested and to make sure people stil want it

Donations towards the race made by Xerdun and others, which were well over $200+ from what I still believe

Good looking builds many people joined in on

Dedicated Lore Masters many worked on together

Skinners to make the basic skins for the Kha

There was also the feeling of something new and not stagnant for players to play, since at the time we did not have Event Races like we do now. This race, if ever accepted, will be an Event Race. It be more towards that because we enough races, not enough people, literally the Admin's/Gm's/Owner's support and just what everyone wants in general. You will most likely get nothing more than Event Race as a deal from the Lore Masters.

You will never get a full race added since Lore Masters are a fickle bunch, I doubt you will raise money to go towards it to prove you are faithful to the server, we do not have the player base to sustain it more than an event, and there are more races being played than you may think as well, which some are already disgusting and shouldn't have been made playable. You will also, more than likely not, receive any staff support for this.

I would link the original charity topic, but this is the closest I could find to people supporting it:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/31782-accepted-new-race-the-kharajyr-karakatuan-empire-now-with-a-sexy-poll/?hl=%20welcome%20%20kharajyr

This was at a time when we had well over 200 players active and pretty much close on the nose with the beginning of Asulon. Just note, we are at a higher standard than this now too, well, we should be.

TBF I can't argue with this at all... I'm gonna keep on keepin on but something tells me this aint gonna work for quite a while...

eyo m8 this is what will happen to your race:

6e8101392d29744414fe9beccb90f109.jpg

Alright guys, we get it. It's a bad idea and in all likelihood won't get implemented. At this point, the negative feedback is redundant. Let this idea die so we can move on with our lives.

Alright guys, we get it. It's a bad idea and in all likelihood won't get implemented. At this point, the negative feedback is redundant. Let this idea die so we can move on with our lives.

It is not that bad of an idea, the only problems are

-I don't know how to make it seem "more professional"

-I'm not investing 24/7 all of my time: I have a life to live

-I don't expect many people to have liked the Skaven in Warhammer Fantasy

-There are "too many races" but in truth, too little people and too much division.

It is not that bad of an idea, the only problems are

-I don't know how to make it seem "more professional"

-I'm not investing 24/7 all of my time: I have a life to live

-I don't expect many people to have liked the Skaven in Warhammer 40K

-There are "too many races" but in truth, too little people and too much division.

You literally just proved how it's a bad idea.

I said not to use that one against it. That is the only reason you people have!

The community doesn't want this

THATS REASON ENOUGH

I said not to use that one against it. That is the only reason you people have!

Then I'll put it another way.

New races aren't happening outright. However, let's, for the sake of argument, assume one does.

If, by some incredibly improbable turn of events, the administration decides to implement a new race, then they will get the Lore Team to make it. They will put the best people LotC has on the job, they'll consult the community and they'll pull out all the stops. They'll make it original, creative, and the best they can possibly do. It doesn't matter if another idea is good, if it's not the best, it's not going to be the one that makes it.

Is this that? The very best the combined efforts of LotC can create? Because if it isn't, then even if a new race slot did open up then something else would fill it.

As a former Lore Master who was the server's second longest serving LM after the great Rittsy himself, I'm telling you you're wasting your time here, and if you think this is going to make it as a race you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And if that's not convincing enough, you cannot fight the community on a new race. Rules you can force but lore? Lore can't be forced on the playerbase. Even if, again for the sake of argument, this did get implemented, if the community's against it it'll reject it like a body rejects a foreign organism. An OOCly unwanted race will be turned on, invaded, hunted and belittled in character until it goes extinct, just like the snow elves.

An OOCly unwanted race will be turned on, invaded, hunted and belittled in character until it goes extinct, just like the snow elves.

Doesnt this go against Metagaming? If you're affected by something OOC then you have to act like your character would. And also: May I test this to see how it goes? Unleash myself (the Ratlin) upon the populace of Athera and see how people react, what they do, etc. I also saw a Snow Elf the other day...

Doesnt this go against Metagaming? If you're affected by something OOC then you have to act like your character would. And also: May I test this to see how it goes? Unleash myself (the Ratlin) upon the populace of Athera and see how people react, what they do, etc. I also saw a Snow Elf the other day...

Absolutely it goes against the metagaming rule.

But that won't stop people.

Unfortunately this lore has been  [Denied]

I'm usually one for hefty conclusions on why something was denied, however this reason behind this is rather simple. We're not interested in new races, at all. They only go on to divide the playerbase and remove population from current RP hotspots which in reality is quite contradictory to the goals of any team.

We're sorry for such a blunt conclusion, but we'll inform the playerbase if we're interested in new races.

Thanks for submitting.