The Ratlins V2 [Racial Lore]

Dragonslayerelf

Be civil or your posts will be removed and you will be warned. This is the only warning I will give out. If you have opinions, give them, but do not mock and do not be aggressive and hostile.

The idea itself is interesting and the builds from this race would likely be as well.

First & Foremost your post needs better formatting. One color posts aren't the best way to present lore.

Second I don't believe this would get anymore people than a group like the Cervitaurs or Dread Knights. It seems like an event race with a small group of people.

I recommend writing a separate description for appearance and some more background on the development of the culture. Also find what makes them unique. Could these just be hairy humans that adapted to cave life? Why do they need to be rat people. Answer that question.

Also I would just remove the nexus racial bonus information. It muddies the post and wouldn't happen anyways. To let you know trolls used to not be able to go into the sun due to lore and that was a heavy penalty which I believe they changed. Being blind during the day which is most of what LOTC is would be a chore to say the least.

Dude stop trying to make this happen it won't just be a KHA

The idea itself is interesting and the builds from this race would likely be as well.

First & Foremost your post needs better formatting. One color posts aren't the best way to present lore.

Second I don't believe this would get anymore people than a group like the Cervitaurs or Dread Knights. It seems like an event race with a small group of people.

I recommend writing a separate description for appearance and some more background on the development of the culture. Also find what makes them unique. Could these just be hairy humans that adapted to cave life? Why do they need to be rat people. Answer that question.

Also I would just remove the nexus racial bonus information. It muddies the post and wouldn't happen anyways. To let you know trolls used to not be able to go into the sun due to lore and that was a heavy penalty which I believe they changed. Being blind during the day which is most of what LOTC is would be a chore to say the least.

Thank you for the advice. I will edit it. And also it will be a full blown race with a starting amount of a small amount of people in a very small community in some barren corner of the land. All things start out small, but having it just an event race won't cut it (for me). And thay arenot cavemen they are full blown rat mutated people with a humanoid shape and ratlike features

Dude stop trying to make this happen it won't just be a KHA

Hey, he's trying to add and contribute to the server. Is that bad?

Personally I think that if this is really worked on and enough people support it, it can go somewhere. Just like it was the hard work and effort from people to actually added Kharajyr to the races. Right now however, would not be that time. You have good ideas. Store this one and bring others to the land of Athera!

The work put into the Kha outstrips this well over tenfold, and it took a lot longer than a singular lore idea post.

The work put into the Kha outstrips this well over tenfold, and it took a lot longer than a singular lore idea post.

The one problem it: I don't know where to post this to get enough support and I dont know how to raise it so, in that regard I would like some help. Also there has been 2 idea posts.

I know he's trying to add on to the server but the PROBLEM IS: We already have enough races and RP is already out there enough just hop in a tavern 

How the Kha beat everything else:

Multiple polls to always keep the community interested and to make sure people stil want it

Donations towards the race made by Xerdun and others, which were well over $200+ from what I still believe

Good looking builds many people joined in on

Dedicated Lore Masters many worked on together

Skinners to make the basic skins for the Kha

There was also the feeling of something new and not stagnant for players to play, since at the time we did not have Event Races like we do now. This race, if ever accepted, will be an Event Race. It be more towards that because we enough races, not enough people, literally the Admin's/Gm's/Owner's support and just what everyone wants in general. You will most likely get nothing more than Event Race as a deal from the Lore Masters.

You will never get a full race added since Lore Masters are a fickle bunch, I doubt you will raise money to go towards it to prove you are faithful to the server, we do not have the player base to sustain it more than an event, and there are more races being played than you may think as well, which some are already disgusting and shouldn't have been made playable. You will also, more than likely not, receive any staff support for this.

I would link the original charity topic, but this is the closest I could find to people supporting it:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/31782-accepted-new-race-the-kharajyr-karakatuan-empire-now-with-a-sexy-poll/?hl=%20welcome%20%20kharajyr

This was at a time when we had well over 200 players active and pretty much close on the nose with the beginning of Asulon. Just note, we are at a higher standard than this now too, well, we should be.

Rat people...

Do the like to make potato knishes?