How Dreadknights Work And Such And Such

Blundermore

I have never liked Blundermore more than I do now. R.I.P. the Dread Knights that impressed.

I'm going to clarify this Blundermore. I was looking to talk to you a LONG while back about Dread Knight Lore, because it was needed to clarify its "Hidden" state. You never answered any of my messages and I had to rework the lore.

In my lore revision it states that they can be repaired and fixed, and general upkeep can be done on themselves to keep themselves from rusting. Yet the general wear and tear from being in water would affect them at a much greater rate then any other suit of armor submerged.

I worked with Soresan on this lore update, and submitted it to Jistuma, my general consensus is that it has been accepted as the standard for the Knights as of now.

With that said, I understand what you mean by changing in lore screwing up characters. When Creator Clerical was removed I wasn't happy either, I had to change my entire character to fit the new mold. That is what this server is about, change, it can come from lore or in RP. The best way to deal with it is to take a few steps back and find a compromise, not just leave.

As it stands though, through the lore I submitted, which I can share with you via skype, Dread knights are capable of self upkeep. Due to the rust and decay being something that players will underplay for an advantage, some will RP it, some will not.

With the change, does that mean all the Dread Knights want to keep living? I would assume if they are willing to repair themselves and armor, they want to continue living in a constant state of agony. What would the RP reasoning be, behind it? Maybe the current Dread Lord simply seeks to keep them all alive as his servants for an eternity so he forces them to repair themselves because he's an evil ****?

I do not mean to be rude, I'm merely trying to comprehend why anyone in a constant state of pain would ever want to keep themselves in such a  state. Or why they'd ever wish that on another who is facing the same pain. Maybe against another mortal, I could see it.

EDIT: I'd like to quote was said on an earlier status, without saying the name of the person:

"I dunno. In this instance it looks more like inconvenient weaknesses being phased out, rather than lore legitimately changing. "

Actually looking at this has made me realize that's exactly what it seems like. Though after thorough explanation, I'm sure I'd be convinced otherwise.

With the change, does that mean all the Dread Knights want to keep living? I would assume if they are willing to repair themselves and armor, they want to continue living in a constant state of agony. What would the RP reasoning be, behind it? Maybe the current Dread Lord simply seeks to keep them all alive as his servants for an eternity so he forces them to repair themselves because he's an evil ****?

That last part is exactly it, the Dread Lord has control over the Knights he has exclusively made. Any order the Dread lord commands to their knights must be followed without question. Repairing and managing themselves is a basic command so that the Dread lord has its own army of self maintaining soldiers. All Knights and lords feel eternal agony which causes them to be bitter, yet what they do with this anger is up to the Dread lord. During my time as a Knight, I played the role of the Emissary. Dealing with the other nations with either force or by secret underhanded tactics. Then as a lord, I played exclusively to my character's thoughts that "Through pain, one can transcend mortal boundaries and become immortal. By forsaking the curse of flesh, one is truly free."

And as I said, its a matter of being underplayed and change needing to be done. I'm working on a Dread knight overhaul that marks all weaknesses to all forms of combat. A knight is not strong because they're no longer rust buckets. They've remained the same in terms of physical strength even without the rust, I lost more fights then I won, still had fun.

Very good introduction/guide/explanation, Blundermore.

This is how they were meant to be however. The "Inconveniences" are weaknesses for a reason, not only that but it is also for RP reasons as well... RP isn't always about getting everything the way you want it. You need to take the good with the bad as well, not cherry pick what you feel is right for you specifically. Sorry if the original isn't how you wanted it to be, but this is what they were. 

They're not buffed swordsmen characters, they're essentially monsters, event monsters originally. Playing one should be like running a mini event, not acting like it's your personal character and thus needs to have everything going their way. 

Blundermore, you're speaking in loops and I'm tired of it. I'm going to say this and end this here.

Here is the thread for the hidden lore: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/124371-warning-at-hidden-and-non-written-lore/

I tried contacting you on Skype:

U9ldRap.png

You never responded.

I tried to contact you on the forums:
hyJonpR.png

No response. I do see you looked at it and had no response, if you cared enough as you do now back then this wouldn't be an issue. I had to redo the lore with absolutely nothing to go on. 

I did what i could to have you on the Dread Knight Lore, and you had no response to my questions or my messages.

My only question is why do you have yahoo open? 2005 called, they want their antiquated search engine back.

Basically what  Arkelos said. We did talk about Dread Knights and how they work. The thing is, lore will sometimes evolve. The creator doesn't always have control over it. Misery loves company. If you're the Dread Lord, and you're in horrible pain and want to cause others horrible pain, why would you create servants and then let them be released and rust? It all depends on the Dread Knight's personality. If you're arguing in the way of fairness and weaknesses, I can only name a handful of times a Dread Knight has won a fight that didn't powergame, and those powergamers were dealt with. Not to mention, if our latches that keep our armor on come off, well, we have to get them repaired. They don't just WHOOP and pop right back in. We have to find a blacksmith. Hopefully we have one, but normally the one we have is never on, so we have to somehow find a blacksmith willing to make repairs on a Dread Knight with one arm and a head hanging off its hinge.

Edit

WOW! Didn't realize how hard core I just necro'd... Sorry about that. Didn't see the last time someone posted.

Edited by Soresan

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

The lore for dreadknights already exists, as such this is a bit unneeded. Non the less, if the lore touched things that needed to be adressed it could be accepted. Yet many things that were writen contradict or devalue a bit the roleplay of the DreadKnights. The water bit is one of them, making them quite easy to destroy in a way. The way they behave and why as well. The fact that they are able to be rebuilt also would have great consequences on the players that play DreadKnights. Yet one of the biggest reasons for denial is the fact that the lore is quite poor in explaining what dreadknights are, what they do, how they act, and so forth. It leaves many things unanswered, many things which are answered in the current accepted lore.