[Lore] Voidal Storms

Booklight12

Voidal Storm

RaEWj0J.jpg

“The true ire of the creator occurs in the most terrible of places, closest to those devilish magic users.” - Brother Willhelm Behelt of Abresi

What:

What is a Voidal Storm one might ask. A voidal storm is the physical manifestation and surge of the energies within the void in the form of unnatural weather/disaster. Rich in mana and even more forces unknown to the descendants, voidal storms are just as curious as the void itself, and even more destructive. Working in peculiar ways these storms can take on the form of any weather disaster one can dream up of, from a giant cloud tornados with powerful bolts of green lightning smiting all that falls within the eye of the storm, to a cloud of brimfire raining boiling water that falls sideways. Truly not even the aengudaemons which are godlike in the eyes of the descendants can conceive all the possible ways a Voidal Storm may manifest. It is rare though possible even a Voidal Horror may be spawned from the void through a rupture in the void during one of these storms.

How:

Now the biggest question one might ask is how these immensely powerful storms are formed. In the past many believed these powerful storms to be created out of the creators anger for the mortals of the realm, or even a baleful Aengudaemon which has a strong distaste for the descendants. Though the answer is not definitive, the most widely believed reasoning is due to a large influx in Mana usage and voidal connection in a certain area. It may be from a large scale battle where numerous mages were used to wreck havoc upon an opposing army, a powerful ritual used by equally powerful blood mages using their nefarious magics to create a large effect stirring the very void itself, or even a less evil mage college simply wishing to teach aspiring magic users the arts of the void. All that is common in these places are areas where the veil between the mortal realm and the void is thinnest which by random events may cause a powerful surge in the void to erupt with a large amount of energy. And how this energy manifests is in the way of freak storms or events. It is sometimes possible for a voidal node to form from these surges of energy if strong enough, though the surge from the void usually isn’t strong enough to create these nodes manifesting in different ways. As well, it is very well possible for these freak storms to occur during rituals of immense proportions though completely by random and it is unheard of mages to purposely conjure up these storms as it would most likely lead in their very demise. Though if a ritual is strong enough it is very well possible for a smaller Voidal storm to occur around the area, usually ending upon the conclusion of said ritual, but is known to continue even hours after the initial events.

Appearance:

As said before the Voidal Storms can manifest in a plethora of different ways though the most common way these storms manifest are when the veil between the two realms of the void and mortal plane are thinnest starting with a powerful eruption of energy from a given point and from that point spawns different effects of the storm from or around that point, though that doesn’t mean the effects may drift off in different directions such as a tornado being created drifting off in a nearby farmland destroying the crop. (Only an example it is up to the discretion of whoever would be running the event)

How it affects magic users:

Void magic users: It would work almost like a beacon attracting the mages attention, the stronger the connection is a mage has to the void the more interested they’d most likely be (The more experienced) being able to almost feel the voidal storms if they are in closer proximity to it (Few miles) as if they are a powerful mage they may even be able to sense it from farther out due to the large surge of mystical energies. If in the general area a void mage would feel almost energized (Only a feeling) by the large flux of energy around them. Though having no direct effect on casting ability nor physically, it is more like a jolt of excitement.

Druids: Being the complete opposite to druids they would almost be warded away from these catastrophic, and completely unnatural storms. If they were in the area they would feel depressed almost from the physical manifestation of the void. Though having no physical effects these are all emotional much like the voidal mage, though druids nearby would be able to almost ‘feel’ the surge much like mages though it would be a negative feeling.

Other magic users: Nothing

Why:

Have been in the mood to right up some lore for a while now, the idea came to me and thought this could be a really fun “Random” event that ets or mods can preform. Giving their creative minds some fun as in the storms almost anything can happen giving them full discretion to create a vivid and detail rich scene describing the events of the storm. These as well may be used to be able to create event lines, as it is plausible (Albeit rare) for voidal horrors to manifest during these storms giving a possible creature to combat during these storms, or even let loose into the world to create events elsewhere.

Lastly, it would give pretty fun research RP in the area as the voidal storms would leave somewhat lasting impressions on the earth such as if it hit a castle, it may raise and levitate parts of the castle, create rifts anything really which people may go into after the events took place to research the area.

-------------------

Please tell me your thoughts as a reply, think anything should be changed? Added? Or to explain further on something? Please tell me. Dislike it? I’d like to know why.

Thank you!

Beautiful, +1. Keep up the good work, it's people like you who write who mold the server and make me want to do something productive.

Uhm. 

To be honest, no thanks. 

A lot of your ideas on how magic and the Void works seems kind of off, also.

mhm.gif

Uhm. 

To be honest, no thanks. 

A lot of your ideas on how magic and the Void works seems kind of off, also.

Well id like to know why you dont want this, mind explaining why? Also feel free to pm me what you think i could expand more about my knowledge on magic. Im open to any constructive criticism

Well id like to know why you dont want this, mind explaining why? Also feel free to pm me what you think i could expand more about my knowledge on magic. Im open to any constructive criticism

Please explain the voidal mages feeling "rejuvenated" or "energized" part yet having no effect on their ability to cast. I don't understand that whatsoever

The concept is neat.

Please explain the voidal mages feeling "rejuvenated" or "energized" part yet having no effect on their ability to cast. I don't understand that whatsoever

He said it was just a feeling, not an actual source of energy friendo.

The concept is neat.

He said it was just a feeling, not an actual source of energy friendo.

(The more experienced) being able to almost feel the voidal storms if they are in closer proximity to it (Few miles) as if they are a powerful mage they may even be able to sense it from farther out due to the large surge of mystical energies. If in the general area a void mage would feel almost energized (Only a feeling) by the large flux of energy around them. Though having no direct effect on casting ability nor physically, it is more like a jolt of excitement.

surge of the energies within the void in the form of unnatural weather/disaster. Rich in mana and even more forces unknown to the descendants, voidal storms are just as curious as the void itself

the most widely believed reasoning is due to a large influx in Mana usage and voidal connection in a certain area. It may be from a large scale battle where numerous mages were used to wreck havoc upon an opposing army, a powerful ritual used by equally powerful blood mages using their nefarious magics to create a large effect stirring the very void itself, or even a less evil mage college simply wishing to teach aspiring magic users the arts of the void. All that is common in these places are areas where the veil between the mortal realm and the void is thinnest which by random events may cause a powerful surge in the void to erupt with a large amount of energy.

All signs point to this being an actual source of energy, brev. Which is why I'm wondering why it just gives mages a "little feeling" of excitement and what not instead of affecting their ability to connect/faster casting. 

I tried leaving it somewhat ambiguous, and it would be up to the ET Rping it if that is the case. Though, I felt if it heightened the abilities of a mage it may be considered OP in the eyes of the Lore Team and lead them to the denial of the lore itself. Though for now I will just say it would be left up to the ET. Though if a Lore team before declaring the lore accepted or denied could give an answer to your question whether it would affect the casting i'd gladly change it. Though if I were to choose i'd most likely say it would negatively effect the magic empowering it but making it more than likely to fail and hurt the person casting.

I tried leaving it somewhat ambiguous, and it would be up to the ET Rping it if that is the case. Though, I felt if it heightened the abilities of a mage it may be considered OP in the eyes of the Lore Team and lead them to the denial of the lore itself. Though for now I will just say it would be left up to the ET. Though if a Lore team before declaring the lore accepted or denied could give an answer to your question whether it would affect the casting i'd gladly change it. Though if I were to choose i'd most likely say it would negatively effect the magic empowering it but making it more than likely to fail and hurt the person casting.

Agreed.

All signs point to this being an actual source of energy, brev. Which is why I'm wondering why it just gives mages a "little feeling" of excitement and what not instead of affecting their ability to connect/faster casting. 

Yes, but it's a storm and chaotic in nature. If anything, I feel like it would be a fluctuating thing and would have varied results when it comes to mages.

If anything it's a pretty interesting idea and could bring a lot of rp onto the server surrounding it. I'd support this as an ET owned thing for events.

A feeling of excitement...? The way you are describing it makes this storm seem almost unequivocally powerful...beyond the mere minds of mortals to understand. I don't know this seems slightly off sorry. 

This seems slightly off, but I like the base idea. I will give better feedback when I am back from school, but perhaps you should go over it again and weed out any inconsistencies in lore?