[✗] Druid Lore Amendment: Control of Weather

Wolf Druid Ouity

You quoted one thing but failed to understand the rest of what I said.

Though i'll go ove once again though Hugo has also expressed it well enough. Druids do not need this even if they did it prior. They do not need to be the all powerful in everything. Do you want the whole lore to be removed like old shades did? 

Saying "The aspects will it"can pretty much mean "The aspects will my control to the void" since the void can be considered apart of the natrual state of existance. Don't use that for everything Shaman's have spirits though these spirits are limited. 

Everything needs resitrictions you just need to learn how to stop trying to beat that.

Edit:

Also why would the aspects give you this power to use? They bless power to protect and propser nature not for silly little games. If something is having a drought due to natrual causes why interfer? 

If this was to be accepted I will only see it used in a simple defence against corruption of nature or void magic... All of which blight healing can do. So why is this needed?

26 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:
15 minutes ago, ttwesten / Evark Evocress said:

You quoted one thing but failed to understand the rest of what I said.

Though i'll go ove once again though Hugo has also expressed it well enough. Druids do not need this even if they did it prior. They do not need to be the all powerful in everything. Do you want the whole lore to be removed like old shades did? 

Saying "The aspects will it"can pretty much mean "The aspects will my control to the void" since the void can be considered apart of the natrual state of existance. Don't use that for everything Shaman's have spirits though these spirits are limited. 

Everything needs resitrictions you just need to learn how to stop trying to beat that.

Edit:

Also why would the aspects give you this power to use? They bless power to protect and propser nature not for silly little games. If something is having a drought due to natrual causes why interfer? 

If this was to be accepted I will only see it used in a simple defence against corruption of nature or void magic... All of which blight healing can do. So why is this needed?

[2:28:59 AM] George Rohn: their magics are fundamentally different from others
[2:29:08 AM] George Rohn: Druids don't "excel" at just about anything
[2:29:13 AM] George Rohn: Clerics heal better
[2:29:16 AM] George Rohn: mages fight better
[2:29:21 AM] George Rohn: Shamans do weather better
[2:29:33 AM] George Rohn: We don't have anything -better- than any one other class
[2:29:39 AM] George Rohn: Our diversity IS our strength. It is an intended function of the magic to be almost all- encompassing. It's nature.

As for why the Aspects would grant that power, why would they grant -any- power?

This is a way to revitalize a very large section of land, or to clear land that has been very heavily damaged. It is a tool of growth, renewal, and vitality. Why WOULDN'T they have it?

Another thing to note, it is a well established trait of Cernunnos that natural disasters such as hurricanes and tidal waves are a part of his repertoire. 

Well you guys have some serious PGers if you can't make the earth Swallow people. Anyway, after thinking it through, maybe you should define what the max weather control this does is, and maybe define how the ritual works, etc?

2 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:

Well you guys have some serious PGers if you can't make the earth Swallow people. Anyway, after thinking it through, maybe you should define what the max weather control this does is, and maybe define how the ritual works, etc?

They use the old druid's pool, aka. Petyr the Salmon-Who-Made-Me-Find-A-Fish-For-An-Hour Druid.

Well you guys have some serious PGers if you can't make the earth Swallow people.

They can't split the earth by themselves though fam. They would use roots to split it after they surface.

2 minutes ago, KarmaDelta said:

They use the old druid's pool, aka. Petyr the Salmon-Who-Made-Me-Find-A-Fish-For-An-Hour Druid.

Duly noted. Revising the OP.

Well you guys have some serious PGers if you can't make the earth Swallow people.

Evidence of this?  That's some serious stuff to throw around and I'd like to follow up on this.

/twocents

Yeah we can't make the ground swallow people. We can make roots pull someone underground, but we can't make the dirt move on its own. Usually dirt rumbling emotes are a sign of something moving under them, i.e. a root. We're not earthbenders.

And as stated, druids have a very wide repertoire of abilities, but we're not necessarily the best at everything. We're jacks of all trades, which makes our magic extremely versatile. We have very obvious drawbacks to everything. It's not like we're going to have Joe Blow the Hobo Druid going around and calling down lightning bolts left and right to smite voidslingers. That'd be absolutely ridiculous.

Shamans are better at weather. Clerics are better at healing. There's a laundry list of magics better suited for combat. It's not like we have anything that's terribly overpowered, we're just extremely versatile. Other magics choose to specialize in specific things and become masters. We get pretty good at a lot of different things. As a result we're useful in many situations. This would merely serve to broaden our horizons and give us something else that would create fun and interesting rp.

/endtwocents

Edit: Also, please let us know who had the ground swallow someone and exactly how the emote was worded so we can knock some heads.

7 minutes ago, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

Duly noted. Revising the OP.

Actually, relating to that obvious yoke, I think the way you guys should set up the summoning circle, square, trial, etc. would be in that certain weather's element.

For example, to summon your drizzle, you guys stand in a pool to get the feeling of it and to help better focus.

For a lightning bolt, you guys could get to a mountain, close enough to the clouds, and do your thang.

For a drought, literally sit next to something as hot as you want the drought.

So yeah, including the people, you should get a location that fits what you need instead of sitting in your grove.

Travel.

1 minute ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

We SHOULD be :(

No, no we should not. The ground is at best rocks that have been worn down and crushed into a fine dust. There is no reason we would be able to make it move on its own. Now, if we had vines that were grown into a thick braided sort of rope curling around rocks and throwing them... I could see that as possibly passable, but obviously we're not talking massive boulders with that. They're still vines. :P

You said it to me yourself Ouity, Druidism's quite powerful in its current state and I see no reason for it to be given more functions. You guys have many boons already and giving them weather control seems innately unbalanced. It's a large shift from manipulating plant life and flora to then creating storms and calling down lightning bolts. 

I have seen people control roots to pull people underground (not fully), And I've heard of Druids parting a very small patch of earth with multiple roots. 

I can't say I've ever seen the earth actually swallow somebody with Druid magic. I'm actually really curious as to who would even try that sort of thing. Powergaming is rarely an issue for us.

Edit: As for controlling weather, if it's very limited, I would be in support of this. It's a common thing in the old lore, I see no reason for it not to be implemented. Just as long as it's not overpowered by any definition of the word.

Edited by Corvoo

4 minutes ago, KarmaDelta said:

Actually, relating to that obvious yoke, I think the way you guys should set up the summoning circle, square, trial, etc. would be in that certain weather's element.

For example, to summon your drizzle, you guys stand in a pool to get the feeling of it and to help better focus.

For a lightning bolt, you guys could get to a mountain, close enough to the clouds, and do your thang.

For a drought, literally sit next to something as hot as you want the drought.

So yeah, including the people, you should get a location that fits what you need instead of sitting in your grove.

Travel.

Well if the idea is to summon rain somewhere a pyromancer just burned down, for example, finding a puddle might put a bit of a dapper on things. It's an interesting idea but I'm not a fan of semantics. If people want to flavor it themselves, I'm happy to let them.

1: Stop saying this will make Druids "more powerful." It is more than likely that this magic will never be used in combat, and anybody who does is absolutely wasting their time because there are a million better ways to fight than to make it rain on somebody. This is primarily to create culture based RP. Raindances and ****.

2: Stop talking about the root thing. Okay, Druids can use roots. Huzzah.

3: It's the jack of all trades magic. Of course it's got a lot of stuff. We have to. Nothing we have is special. Any ability we have is trumped by another group.