The Corrosion of Immortal Essence

excited

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

I'm saying that it makes an OP thing limited to FIVE players. Idgaf if it's "more defined" and "thought out", it's the same as when cyndikate would make lore to boost her character and small group of friends.

And you cite other things like frosties, wraiths, keepers, and augurs. Those have (aside from Augurs, I think they need a purpose too) a purpose that makes them interact with people. Keepers gotta uphold order, frosties have to eat, wraiths SHOULD be doing antag stuff unless that was changed, but then again they aren't that active anymore so idk.

If you're making something like this, you should be making it more inclusive and not some special snowflake group. I can think of a few different ways to make this effect more than just your group of "planned candidates". If not, then make them have an actual purpose that spreads their RP to others.

These things are people, so they interact with people. They have their own personal agendas, that's the point. There used to be something in it that forced them to hunt deity mages to get their fix of ether but the LMs told me to redact it pretty much. Wraiths are dead, these are intended to replace their function/role for the most part. 

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

Reserved for later, but I'll be -1'ing this since this is as OP as fi is now

literally just a way to create a character that is a physically strong necro that can't die

*looks to wraiths...

*looks to katari...

*looks to ithariel...

*looks to katari...

*looks to keepers... 

*looks to katari...

*looks to dark ithariel...

*looks to katari...

They're all creatures who are physically strong and cannot die. What makes PD's lore so much "worse"? Wraiths worked fine, now they're removed- this should be their replacement.

Huge +1 goes out to you Aerial, don't screw this up dude.

3 minutes ago, Tom_Whiteman said:

*looks to wraiths...

*looks to katari...

*looks to ithariel...

*looks to katari...

*looks to keepers... 

*looks to katari...

*looks to katari...

They're all creatures who are physically strong and cannot die. What makes PD's lore so much "worse"? Wraiths worked fine, now they're removed- this should be their replacement.

Difference being Wraiths had the capacity to learn arcana and even at one point Shade. Think of this as rehashed flesh Wraiths created through a necrotic blood ritual using blood that's super hard to get in order to transcend and keep their mortal vessel intact. 

33 minutes ago, Tom_Whiteman said:

*looks to wraiths...

*looks to katari...

*looks to ithariel...

*looks to katari...

*looks to keepers... 

*looks to katari...

*looks to katari...

literally all of those have been removed aside from keepers which should be removed as well

3 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

literally all of those have been removed aside from keepers which should be removed as well

Druid Soul Trees
Keepers
Augurs
Frost Witches

Those're the things much like this lore tbh, a Frost Witch who learns magic after they are turned retains physical strength for example. As for the 5 limit, do you really want fourty of these entities running around wreaking havoc? 

Just now, aerialkebab said:

Druid Soul Trees
Keepers
Augurs
Frost Witches

Those're the things much like this lore tbh, a Frost Witch who learns magic after they are turned retains physical strength for example. As for the 5 limit, do you really want fourty of these entities running around wreaking havoc? 

Man, lore is a mess at the moment, a lot of junk should be removed/re-written.

As for the limit, you misunderstand me. Water it down, make something akin to thralls or something. I'll just use some lore from a few vampire games for instance, but by consuming the blood of one you become a watered down version of the creature which were basically akin to cultists bound to their master in exchange for the blood. That's just one example of where you could have taken this lore.

You don't need to have fourty of these things running around, but there should be some sort of middle ground for others to partake in. You said a few posts back that they interact with people and therefore are providing rp, which is fine and all if there was a way to ensure that it was more than just tavern rp or some meeting in the middle of nowhere.

There's a lot of potential from this lore, but you're limiting it to 5 players and I don't want to see more keeper-esque groups.

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

Man, lore is a mess at the moment, a lot of junk should be removed/re-written.

As for the limit, you misunderstand me. Water it down, make something akin to thralls or something. I'll just use some lore from a few vampire games for instance, but by consuming the blood of one you become a watered down version of the creature which were basically akin to cultists bound to their master in exchange for the blood. That's just one example of where you could have taken this lore.

You don't need to have fourty of these things running around, but there should be some sort of middle ground for others to partake in. You said a few posts back that they interact with people and therefore are providing rp, which is fine and all if there was a way to ensure that it was more than just tavern rp or some meeting in the middle of nowhere.

There's a lot of potential from this lore, but you're limiting it to 5 players and I don't want to see more keeper-esque groups.

I suppose there's no point in cap since dragon blood is rare anyway, I concede. We had a concept called ether-drain where these entities acted as anchors, but the LMs told me it was too much like Fi so I removed it. 

I do not mind the lore, but I do find it bland and just another group from the mentioned list of creatures/evilbeings that does not change much. I think you can do better to be honest and make it way more interesting. 

7 hours ago, aerialkebab said:

in which gorging the blood of Dragonkin kills the participant, shorting out their mortal body and extinguishing their life as one does a flame. However once the Blood Mage and Necromancer come into play

This seems awfully similar to Dragon Age's Reaver lore. http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Reaver

That aside though, how would you see this contributing to the server? As it seems like anyone who wants to play in conjunction with the darker side of LOTC, I.E Necromancers etc, can already have a variety of choice. What makes a Nephilims play style different from that Deathstalker? It just seems to me, an unneeded addition to the lore.

The idea of gaining some sort of strength from ichor is interesting, grant you. I just think this lore could stand to be a little more general, and, not so centralized I suppose.

7 hours ago, aerialkebab said:

- They cannot die from exposure to excessive cold or heat, however fire still works on them as it would to a normal individual, setting their flesh alight.

You had my curiousity

But now you have my attention

I agree with Katari. They're way too strong and have little to no cons.

I also agree with Mogroka. The lore feels sort of empty, little to no backstory.

Augurs are already overpowered. Making a pseudo-counter to augurs because they can't be easily killed feels weird; from my point of view, it follows the same psychology, considering they can only be created by dark wizards and alike.

My point is:

Give it more lore; on the status quo, it feels empty. Give it more weaknesses to counter it's strenghts.

43 minutes ago, Space said:

You had my curiousity

But now you have my attention

space please stop the frosties wont say yes

+1 Wonderful work guys keep it up.

9 hours ago, aerialkebab said:

All Xion stuff takes heavy inspiration from Dark Souls tbh. 

This isn't dark souls inspired, you ripped it off from Diablo...last time I wrote lore like this it was denied for being "Too simular to the undercity". This shouldn't be any different. 

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem