[✗] [Lore Submission] Fluugel'Xeim

EmbryoGod

Pages of research are scattered all over the dusty, old desk. A thick, bounded journal lays on top of all the mess, it appears to have been left there for years.

3rd of Snow's Maiden, 1544

Today marks day one of the testing, it's been made of a hard cider wood, with an open end. Its design is based off your average pan flute, but I bore larger diameter holes into the pipes.

10th of Snow's Maiden, 1544

The instrument failed its initial attempt at playing, no different from an average pan flute. Results conclusive: a larger diameter pipe does not affect the noise.

6th of Malin's Welcome, 1544

It's obvious that the longer/shorter the pipes are, the sound changes. I've also noticed that closing the pipe with an outside piece of wood or metal changes the pitch drastically, increasing it.

17th of Malin's Welcome, 1544

I've developed a method of creating a detachable cap from the end of the pipes: attaching a very small piece of wood to the end of the pipe, as well as attaching a very small, hand carved wooden screw allows for a special cap to be made that can move to either open or close the end of the pipe. This allows for higher and lower octaves to be accessible at both times.

20th of Malin's Welcome, 1544

A problem I'm still having is with making the pipes have adjustable lengths, I'm going to discuss it with a few of my friends, then come back.

11th of Snow's Maiden, 1545

It is finished. I have made a grooved wall throughout the lining of the pipes of the instrument, and since the diameter of the tube doesn't affect the sound of the flute, I can fit in an extra piece of thin wood, allowing for the user to loosen or tighten the pipe to achieve sharp or flat notes. The caps at the bottom of the pipes allow for octave jumps. By using a metal as opposed to a wood, a clearer sound can be heard.

20th of Snow's Maiden, 1545

The only problem with the flute is its difficulty. Anyone can play it well, but only an Air Evocationist Telekinetic would be able to play it brilliantly. But still, I am proud of this accomplishment. It can play any note on the spectrum in a relatively small space, being only about 7 inches long. I have decided to name it the Fluugel'Xeim (pronounced: flu-gull heim).

To anyone that finds this book, seek out its author, Selrik Lance.

I was going to make an instrument lore, but... I guess I'll have to just +1 an existing one.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

Excellent! So fascinating to see the creative process behind something that seems so simple. It would be astounding to produce a sound for it and then have that sound file added to LotC!

+1

shocked drinking will ferrell anchorman flute

bone flute lni

found Selrik

+1

Sure, pass this one through as it simply adds more interesting things to the world!

I really hope to see this pass through, honestly. Great writing. +1

Under Review

This lore is Accepted! Yet... it's being moved to denied. This is because the lore of this simplicity does not need acceptance, and would just be clutering the implemented lore section. Enjoy the rp.