[✗] Archons; The Void Touched

GDPR 014

3 hours ago, Blundermore said:

Void wraith whatever thing

Triggered. They aren't really wraith-like, aside from the spectral form. They aren't even mist/ash-clouds, they're effectively humanoid forms of pure arcanic energies in the Transcendent form.

I shall trigger all eldritch ethereal beings.

Wizard Race best Race :p

1 hour ago, ArcanicFable said:

Triggered. They aren't really wraith-like, aside from the spectral form. They aren't even mist/ash-clouds, they're effectively humanoid forms of pure arcanic energies in the Transcendent form.

I disagree.

• Both require a form of catalyst to become their respective forms; the Immolated Catalyst and the Arcane Trinket.
  • Both are able to hold spectral and physical form, and the physical forms for both have eye problems.
  • Both have a normal version and Elder version.
  • Both have increased learning speed in their respective branch of magic; Transcendents arcane, Wraiths dark.
  • Both cannot practice deity magics.
  • Both are harmed by gold.
  • Both are weak to Fi’.
  • Both have the Spectre mechanical race.
  • Both are immortal, and don't have to eat, sleep, etc.

@Toodles78 I'm curious if you either read the lore, or just skimmed it.

One: Transcendents have no eye-problems, they keep their eyes, unlike wraiths. I don't know where you got the idea they have bad eye-sight, but I guess you're a pretty imaginative guy.

Two: Transcendents cannot interact directly with the world.

Three: Wraiths are created via dragons who gift them the draconic vessel. Transcendents are created by a ritual that involves a trinket.

Four: Although they do not need to eat or sleep, the coil-body will suffer for it-- boons for a cost.

Five: Transcendents are also effected by thanhic alloy.

Now, let's break this down, shall we?

First, why gold and Fi effects them: Both wraith and Transcendent are affected by gold due to the same reason: They're unnatural. I'm not too sure about Fi though. Because FI magic drains ones mana, and the Transcendent is a being of, you guessed it, mana- of course it will be effected by them.

Second: The reason why they can't practice deific magics. Because Wraiths are DARK beings, they cannot learn deity magic. Because Transcendents have to already have magic, and because the void scars their soul, they cannot learn Deity magics.

I'll agree there are some similarities, but by all means, they are different.

Personally i would remove the idea of a spectral form and somply stay with your physical body. It seems kinda done before. Also whatd the interaction with holy magic mainly ascended magic be if the soul is technically twisted.

2 hours ago, Booklight12 said:

Personally i would remove the idea of a spectral form and somply stay with your physical body. It seems kinda done before. Also whatd the interaction with holy magic mainly ascended magic be if the soul is technically twisted.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. And from the conversation I had with James (the LM), ascended flames do not work on them.

4 hours ago, ArcanicFable said:

@Toodles78 I'm curious if you either read the lore, or just skimmed it.

One: Transcendents have no eye-problems, they keep their eyes, unlike wraiths. I don't know where you got the idea they have bad eye-sight, but I guess you're a pretty imaginative guy.

Fine, would you prefer the term 'eye coloration problems' rather than 'eye problems'?

Two: Transcendents cannot interact directly with the world.

Coil form, or with the powerful magic they should have... This also has nothing to do with my post.

Three: Wraiths are created via dragons who gift them the draconic vessel. Transcendents are created by a ritual that involves a trinket.

Wraiths are also created through a ritual that involves a trinket, it's just called the 'Immolated Catalyst' rather than the 'Arcane Trinket'.

Four: Although they do not need to eat or sleep, the coil-body will suffer for it-- boons for a cost.

They still don't /need/ to do it, my point's still valid.

Five: Transcendents are also effected by thanhic alloy.

...My point's still valid there as well. Just listing ways by which Transcendents and Wraiths are different don't negate any of my points on how they're the same.

Not to mention Wraiths will also be affected by Thanhic alloy if they practice any magic. It messes with their mana as well.

Now, let's break this down, shall we?

First, why gold and Fi effects them: Both wraith and Transcendent are affected by gold due to the same reason: They're unnatural. I'm not too sure about Fi though. Because FI magic drains ones mana, and the Transcendent is a being of, you guessed it, mana- of course it will be effected by them.

I wasn't really asking for an explanation, but thanks anyway?

For clarification, Fi' kills Wraiths for two reasons. One-- it can cut the bond between them and Mordring when they're a normal Wraith. Two, it steals the Thanhic Mana produced by the armor of Elder Wraiths, which is necessary to their being.

Second: The reason why they can't practice deific magics. Because Wraiths are DARK beings, they cannot learn deity magic. Because Transcendents have to already have magic, and because the void scars their soul, they cannot learn Deity magics.

Look through your own lore. Where does it say Transcendents already have to have magic?

I'll agree there are some similarities, but by all means, they are different.

I didn't set out to prove that they were the same, I was merely countering your point that the only reason they're similar is because they share a spectral form. That statement is what I disagreed with.

And finally, Transcendent is already a term, lore-wise. Not that that really has any bearing on anything, but hey, the more ya know! 

12 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

Fine, would you prefer the term 'eye coloration problems' rather than 'eye problems'?

I don't understand why an 'eye coloration problem' when really it's just an aesthetic change, not something that should be a problem at all is referred to as an 'eye problem'.

25 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

Coil form, or with the powerful magic they should have... This also has nothing to do with my post.

Actually, it does. You were trying to point out how they were the same, I'm just supplying how they do.

33 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

Wraiths are also created through a ritual that involves a trinket, it's just called the 'Immolated Catalyst' rather than the 'Arcane Trinket'.

True, yet the origin is far different, and the means of using it is different (or so I'm sure, as one requires a sacrifice).

44 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

Look through your own lore. Where does it say Transcendents already have to have magic?

12 hours ago, ArcanicFable said:

After some discussion, we've come to the conclusion that a Transcendent cannot practice any Deity or Dark Arts. 'Why?' You might ask, well there are two reasons:

1) A Transcendent with any dark magic will be too overpowered. It also defeats their purpose to have any dark magic.

2) A descendant must be versed in and maxed in three arcane magics, and must be at the level of a teacher before turning into a Transcendent.

We want to see this lore passed, and are willing to work with any LMs and players to make them balanced, and enjoyable to RP with.

48 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

I didn't set out to prove that they were the same, I was merely countering your point that the only reason they're similar is because they share a spectral form. That statement is what I disagreed with.

And finally, Transcendent is already a term, lore-wise. Not that that really has any bearing on anything, but hey, the more ya know! 

Ah, apologies for becoming aggressive. I assumed you were trying to say that the lore was effectively the same.

Yeah, I agree with Booklight's proposal about keeping physical bodies. I mean, if you want them to be unique, I'd say having transcendents keep their physical bodies would do you good, especially since many "transcendents" of both deific and dark sorceries involve an ethereal or vastly altered bodies, I'm sure you are aware of liches, wraiths (and, in the past, wights), itharel and so on and so forth.

7 minutes ago, Redxophos said:

Yeah, I agree with Booklight's proposal about keeping physical bodies. I mean, if you want them to be unique, I'd say having transcendents keep their physical bodies would do you good, especially since many "transcendents" of both deific and dark sorceries involve an ethereal or vastly altered bodies, I'm sure you are aware of liches, wraiths (and, in the past, wights), itharel and so on and so forth.

Transcendents keep their mortal bodies though. It is their choice (or if they don't get taught how) to enter Transcendent form.

This lore is hereby accepted!

So, I read this hoping to find requirements. Finding none, I ask this question: What are the usual requirements to be one of these beings? Such as certain magics, tiers, etc?