[✗] [Magic Lore] Vocomancy

Joe_Blackman

15 hours ago, Wendigo said:

That was one of my only problems reading this, what makes Iblees relevant anymore? 

15 hours ago, Aerial said:

What compels Iblees to suddenly take on more followers again?

I've updated the lore, which elaborates more on Iblees' endgame. I hope that helps. See:  Ater Caelum:

I'm interested in the creatures that can be summoned. Can some examples be given, so we can understand their limits?

Summoning creatures from the Nether functions much like Conjuration's means of summoning creatures from the Void. The 'limit' is determined by the size of the creature, how long it has been present in the mortal realm for and how far the creature is from its caster. 

The being summoned from the Nether must make sense anatomically. You have the possibility to summon any Lovecraftian-like creature, as long as its heart isn't located in its foot.

Hmm.

This lore is very, very well written. If the only aspect of looking over lore submissions was the lore's quality, I would bomb this thread with +1's.

But. This is a very complicated thing to look over, Seeing as there are alot of different things to consider- Ibless is still, lore-wise, stuck in the void; He's not powerless, Bur essentially, is not very capable of doing these things. (That is my knowledge, Atleast; Feel free to correct me on this.) Ontop of that, There's also the problem of actually implementing it. RPly, alot of people would simply be amused due to such a powerful magic suddenly appearing.  (Because of common rp sense, Or the person being oocly biased because they don't like the lore. Both will probably happen.)

I don't want to go against this, Because this is a very detailed piece of lore, And an incredible idea; But do think about those few notes, please.

tumblr_nidz0oLSak1u6ibixo1_500.gif

I enjoyed reading it. As others have pointed out, sticking with that name will cause confusion. But apart from that +1. 

I do think Iblees should be given some kind of presence upon the server once again, as he is (or at least was) the prime antagonist of LotC. However, some of the concepts of these magics seem to be covered already. Namely the ability to use lightning/(un)holy fire. I know it was something present for the Undead back in the day, and potentially Athera, but I think there should be extra prominence of summoning the lovecraftian-demonic beings instead. Although I guess many deific magics tend to dip into other magics a lot, especially other deific magics. I just like the demonic summoning abilities most, and think prominence should be given to it rather than the duplicated abilities.

8 hours ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

Hmm.

This lore is very, very well written. If the only aspect of looking over lore submissions was the lore's quality, I would bomb this thread with +1's.

But. This is a very complicated thing to look over, Seeing as there are alot of different things to consider- Ibless is still, lore-wise, stuck in the void; He's not powerless, Bur essentially, is not very capable of doing these things. (That is my knowledge, Atleast; Feel free to correct me on this.) Ontop of that, There's also the problem of actually implementing it. RPly, alot of people would simply be amused due to such a powerful magic suddenly appearing.  (Because of common rp sense, Or the person being oocly biased because they don't like the lore. Both will probably happen.)

I don't want to go against this, Because this is a very detailed piece of lore, And an incredible idea; But do think about those few notes, please.

tumblr_nidz0oLSak1u6ibixo1_500.gif

Long story short, Iblees is no longer stuck in the Void. After the final Undead Event, which I was at as an Undead Prophet at the time, Iblees eventually ended up returning back to the Nether. Be sure to check the highlighted words of "Lilith Winterleaf..." to know more about the event. 

I wasn't around for Iblees RP back in the day... However if it can fulfill an antagonistic role without the need for ANOTHER evil Dragon I'm happy. Regarding the magic itself, its name should change. I'd also be curious as to how it would effect beings not exemplified such as Liches, Darkstalkers, Deiva, Paleknights? Overall good piece anyway provided it can bring people in the world activity and holy orders something to actively war against. +1

Would this magic be able to be utilized by the undead of Athera whom didn't die, and were left to wander the world without meaning?

12 hours ago, Joe_Blackman said:

ong story short, Iblees is no longer stuck in the Void. After the final Undead Event, which I was at as an Undead Prophet at the time, Iblees eventually ended up returning back to the Nether. Be sure to check the highlighted words of "Lilith Winterleaf..." to know more about the event

Oh, Thank you.

9 hours ago, Sky said:

Would this magic be able to be utilized by the undead of Athera whom didn't die, and were left to wander the world without meaning?

They won't be able to learn it on a whim, especially without guidance, no. However, they are able to be taught the magic. 

Yeah, I mean. If the magic is able to summon whatever imaginable lovecraftian-horror (within reason), it's not exactly necromancy anymore, is it?

This Lore has been added to this week's Loremag and shall be reviewed by the LT.

Expect a response in about a week.

I'm sorry to say this Lore has been Denied.

The opinion of the team is this magic draws too heavily from undead magic and necromancy, taking the best parts and creating a sort of super magic. Though there are Lore Moderators interested in helping getting this piece of an acceptable level, if you contact me on skype I can send you their direction.