[✗] [Magic Lore Submission] The Children of Light (Clerical Magic Addition)

Bvie

Added:

Redline explanation about light being exuded not causing pain, but putting tainted beings in an uncomfortable state or making them nauseous. Pain only takes place if physical contact happens.

Added:

Redline explanation that to achieve the elemental's full power, it must last a straight 2.5 Months. If the elemental is killed during this time, you must start back at stage one.

Hope these clear up some of the confusion. 

1 hour ago, SquirtGun said:

“Lord of Light, your humble servant kneels before you.

I beseech you, lend me your aid.”

also can someone tell me how to get rid of that 5 holy ****

3 minutes ago, Destroyer_Bravo said:

also can someone tell me how to get rid of that 5 holy ****

Made me laugh, thanks. I needed it after many hours of furiously typing this. 

53 minutes ago, SquirtGun said:

Not sure what you mean about druids not being allowed to RP for animals that are assisting them. I've personally seen ker'wolves being RPed attacking people, hawks flying down from the sky and attacking, and hunters having their hunting dogs chase after people. I've even heard of Druids turning into ents to defend their soul trees.

As for the confusion, I see it no more confusing than when multiple people are RP fighting.

FTB Rule was suggested by a MT and LM.

Never given your friend a nickname?

There's golems walking around with scarves and dresses, one even wore a wedding dress once. I don't think there's an issue with putting a scarf or hat on your elemental for some enjoyable and fun RP!

These creatures are far out of the vein of regular animals. This is more in line with atronachs, shamanism muklages (I can't spell), and spriggans. These ALL require another player to play them. I honestly and seriously suggest you change this to have another player play it.

It is absolutely more confusing. IN an RP fight with 3 people, there are 3 things there and 3 people emoting for themselves. In an RP fight with this there are 3 people, 4 beings, and one person RPing for something that has no actual physical representation.

No comment.

I do not see why this needs to be a red line. Red lines should exist to clearly lay out what is and is not lore breaking/allowed. Try to keep them concise and straightforward.

Once again, not needed as a red line.

1 minute ago, Ciaran said:

I do not see why this needs to be a red line.

Once again, not needed as a red line.

I more so see these as humor. it dosent stop anyone. it dosent say they CANNOT wear a dress, or you CANNOT name it. 

Its dosent limit any RP if one was to do either, so im honestly not sure why it matters.

Just now, Greekbro33 said:

I more so see these as humor. it dosent stop anyone. it dosent say they CANNOT wear a dress, or you CANNOT name it. 

Its dosent limit any RP if one was to do either, so im honestly not sure why it matters.

The red line section of the lore should exist as a clear and concise area where anyone can look through quickly and have a firm grasp on what is and is not allowed in the lore. If you fill it with jokes it's just going to get confusing and muddled. That's all I'm trying to convey.

I mean, its pretty clear. What if someone was like "Oi, Can i name this little **** ball?" or "Can he have a fez?" It now clearly states it

But i can also see your point. dont get me wrong. maybe it would be best instead of it being a red line, it was a pink one.

4 minutes ago, Ciaran said:

These creatures are far out of the vein of regular animals. This is more in line with atronachs, shamanism muklages (I can't spell), and spriggans. These ALL require another player to play them. I honestly and seriously suggest you change this to have another player play it.

Obviously if the lore's acceptance hinges on this then it'll be done. 

But seeing how most of those types of creatures and constructs are flavor of the month things that are generally played a lot during their first but after creation and slowly disappear until they're suddenly needed, this was an attempt at making something different so that it isn't a wasted art and could exist without the reliance of another player dedicating themselves to a sub-par golem/ sub-par cleric hybrid. 

Also, many of the things you related it to have the ability to freely roam, giving ten the ability to go out and do things on their own, or even speak. These are bound to their cleric, unable to truly leave a house that their cleric resides in, and cannot speak. Thus are useless without their cleric being around. And since the elemental is tied to the cleric, what's to be done for when the player of the elemental isn't online and the cleric is? They're meant to be a dual package, that unbreakable bond. 

I understand that you feel some physical representation is needed for the elemental, but in a combative setting, the elemental isn't moving farm from the cleric and would be with them at all times, unless told to do something else nearby. Truthfully, a player holding a torch or glow stone dust in their off hand could represent the Elementals first three stages, and if it survived past that point where it begins to become humanoid, if a app had to be done, I'd say it be required then. 

2 hours ago, SquirtGun said:

Redlines

• You cannot FTB with a light elemental.

e6563843a52e7efd59f671d362cab184.png

3 hours ago, Ciaran said:

Considering druids are disallowed from RPing for animals that are assisting them, and also considering the RP confusion that stems from having one player emote for themselves and a creature that can grow to be as large as you propose here, I cannot support this unless the elemental is played by a separate player. (Or perhaps maybe the cleric can become one themselves?)

Also I hate that this has to be included.

Um?

Since when? How else are we to have the animals role-played.

Hey! Listen!

I don't like this, But there is also some things I'd like clarification on, before I fully hate it.

-Its not clearly stated what branch of Clericism this is apart of, You make this seem like fourth type of magic which we don't need.

-Using light slowly/fastly) drains a cleric, Why doesn't this? How can I keep a constant connection for months!?

-Why would I be sad if my elemental died? What if I don't make a deep connection with it?

-Why am I allowed to make it appear with an external appearance like armor, But it really doesn't have armor?(Just have it have no clothing)

-What happens if I go inactive?(What happens to the elemental?)

-If I get knocked out, I break my connection. How is this different?

******* finally! +1