[Druid Lore] Emerald Amber

E__V__O

Emerald Amber

.8123V4IvzTmsqE2PyNbRECnUYF7iWkyJMLciAfKs--TCbwFAv2aMTYL5Tk8yGhWUJVaKdF-bdaXlj4LmpW8JNk9KqM4CXac-180kR2fqO9qAO8MSAmtXSnVME72Vbda6gLt-CU4a

Written by: ttwesten/Evocress

Concept idea: JuniperSelkie, Keefy

Resin, it is a fluid that secretes from certain plants, most commonly found with trees. Resin is used from the plant to seal over wounds which assist in protecting the plant life from pests and infections. Although over the course of thousands of years the same resin has potential to solidify and form into amber. With the elder tree in the druid grove this process happens much quicker, the tree itself directly infused with the aspect energy to assist it in growth and fertility so does the resin. The resin used to protect the tree from harm and assist the tree in protection this however creates the resin to have a more green hue then other trees. With the resin and amber formed after, it’ll only take a certain amount of human years due to the aspect energy assisting in protecting the elder-tree.

The most common place for the emerald resin to be found would be where battle-scars are found upon the elder-trees from natural or outside forces causing the resin to secrete. This area is mostly done on high branches where creatures would try to make a burrow or nest within the tree accidentally scaring the tree. Although the resin assists the tree in protection until it is able to heal it also offers a secondary property towards the guardians of the aspects, the druids. Resin can be used when collected to help with medical means and also with the druid magic itself.

The uses of the emerald resin can be essential to a druid, as they gather it from the tree carefully making sure not to further damage the elder-tree, the resin collected would act similar to a battery utilized directly by a druid. If shaped correctly the resin is able to bind itself to the druids own pool of energy and be of use in assistance with communion and control for the druid. However the energy is finite more would need to be pulled into the resin directly from the druid, the assistance output is bottle-necked in use. The inclusion of more druidic energy or aspect energy inside of the resin will further change the hue to a lighter green, if it is filled with an overpowering amount of energy the resin would seem to burst, popping and the energy escaping.

If one would create a container or capsule to place organic items inside the emerald resin it'll act preserved unaltered from the outside world and all energy sealed inside the resin. Organic matter would move freely through the resin unable to be utilized as a prison. 

Another use for the resin would be to assist in slowing the spread and growth of taint/corruption on individuals or the ground itself, not preventing it from moving just slowing it down, when the area of taint/corruption has been correctly covered or surrounded it’ll take an extremely slow process for it to pass through or go over, this is due to the resin being a slow liquid itself infused with druidic energies. 

ya7wFdkA6Y9wWpBSLxLw3UT3l0yZ_CRXLmiSYIYJX0vOqHDHWjKq922NoQCaKZSkClH4U5DXTtXLhZUgv2kRjRlSXCfFsSa8ApgOddlYh9MfeU33gOu30Uas7XCNhlUH3ItyQBfh

To the use of amber, would first come the accelerated creation, although amber takes years to form from the resin a druid is able to assist in the process of this. Throughout blight healing a druid is able to accelerate the growth of the emerald resin to emerald amber in only a few hours.

As you shape the emerald amber into a definite shape such as a weapon or armor it loses the property of containing druidic energy due to the energy combining together to create a strengthened piece of mineral rather then loose and fluid to contain the energy build up inside of it. The tools themselves can be reforged if broken with combining resin together and binding it to the cracks of the tool much like a tree does to protect itself utilizing blight healing to reform the resin to amber.

Once the emerald amber has fully been molded into its definitive shape it would retain the property of being as durable with iron tools and armor though coping with a major weakness of being extremely volatile to the frozen temperatures, on prolonged exposure it can cause the amber to become extremely brittle or explode; which is depending on the amount of chill applied. Due to this cause several druids have been known to utilize the amber on pikes protecting the body as the emerald amber is a decent distance away from them.

SqCq3VtUOMyD34mT1mwnZu_J1L6nqkrMA4WYrLj32kLK0eech-Dc8NiTHh7PJH0dw3Aubuiq0r9-6fRiJi7zaO5xD7V0JhZvq5V3DxdXl1eEEN0y_iiMsxo564wTNU-WiZ0IUmUn

The secondary use of emerald amber would be similar to the resin in assisting with taint and corruption. If the resin has been applied to affected area, the use of blight healing to solidify the amber is able to freeze the afflicted area itself into the shell. This will completely stop the taint and corruption freezing it inside the emerald amber.

Of the emerald amber shell is ever destroyed or broken the taint and or corruption will flow out and latch to any living lifeforce close to it and finish what it started, although this would only happen if it’s in direct contact of the living lifeforce when broken.

In the case of other magic, if left for a prolonged time, one is also able to fossilize the resin to amber and keep it preserved, however when broken so does the magic extinguish to the realm it came from.

Yasssssss

The flavor is strong! Druidism could use a little more fun.

A definite +1 from me. Love it.

I approve but I have one question. What would happen if someone made an orb of emerald amber and infused it with druidic energies, then combined it with a living staff? (like a druid I once saw before with a blight stone in the top of their staff)

11 minutes ago, Zindran said:

I approve but I have one question. What would happen if someone made an orb of emerald amber and infused it with druidic energies, then combined it with a living staff? (like a druid I once saw before with a blight stone in the top of their staff)

When solidified as amber, it is unable to have druidic energies as they've been used to strengthen the shape it was crafted into. 

-

If you're talking about the resin, if you have too much energy inside the resin it'll pop. The resin can be shaped like a sphere however unless encased after a period of time it'll reshape itself as it's still a slow-moving liquid.

Though lets replace the question with emerald resin. Resin as it stands, assists the druid with making them use less energy/mana utilizing the stored druid energy inside of the resin. Combining this with the awakened staff (living wood staff) would offer neither an extra trait.

-

Now lets replace the question of forming a living staff with emerald amber. As stated prior, it holds no added druidic energies and can be used to make the staff into a pike or a long handed battleaxe staff. 

You keep saying "druidic energies" or "aspect energies". These are very vague terms. What are they?

1 minute ago, Avacyn said:

You keep saying "druidic energies" or "aspect energies". These are very vague terms. What are they?

Aspect energies is the same as druid energies. They're just another term for mana which I have seen being used by the druid community in describing the magic and how it's different from others; eg: void energies = mana from void.

The reason why I have written aspect energies is due to the druids not having a direct hand in the creation of the resin, being an aftermath. Then when I go into describing druid energies it is when the druid is directly tampering with the resin/amber.

Just now, Evocress said:

Aspect energies is the same as druid energies. They're just another term for mana which I have seen being used by the druid community in describing the magic and how it's different from others; eg: void energies = mana from void.

The reason why I have written aspect energies is due to the druids not having a direct hand in the creation of the resin, being an aftermath. Then when I go into describing druid energies it is when the druid is directly tampering with the resin/amber.

This is actually wholly incorrect, though.

Mana does not come from the Void-- it doesn't come from anywhere. It is an existent, corporeal part of the world we dwell in and is essentially the building blocks of existence itself: everything is made of mana. Mana is used when spellcasting as the body's fuel for the feats its undergoing, but to say people channel mana or get it from the Void or any other source is wrong.

10 minutes ago, Avacyn said:

-snip-

I understand we're you're coming from, I understand my inconsistent reply and how it was wrong in describing what mana is. I will admit I did try to describe the two magics and how they use different forms of 'magic' rather and used the term 'mana'. Apologies. 

To re answer your question. When I described 'aspect energies' it was supposed to a druid aftermath, such as if you grow a plant from a seed and said plant then begins to produce lemons. You didn't cause the lemons to grow it naturally happened. This is what I meant when describing 'aspect energies'. As druids didn't have an inherent touch in creating that outcome. 

As far as I know the last canon explaination for Druidic energy was utilizing mana in order to shift pockets of mana in plants which was put in when the old order became the new order as Control and communion dont have a tie to the aspects but to nature which has a connection to the aspects. However its easier to say Druidic energy and not wrong because many big boys want to **** around how Druidism works

Druidic energies are literally just aengudaemon energies from the Aspects. This can easily form from highly natural occurences like elder trees.

1 minute ago, Jaeden said:

I don't want to see people doing some insane feats with it

You can only assist with feats your character can already perform, it just reduces some of the strain for either a singular spell or a couple.