Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aladeen

[Completed] Yay or Nay to Ascended Magic?

Recommended Posts

Ive heard from a GM that the shelving of ascension magic is around the corner, id like to hear some thoughts from people on the mechanics of the magic. As I never really for a chance to use it myself, I'm told it had many holes and problems as well. Anyone care to comment? I'd prefer mature thought out responses, rather than "******* kill this magic i don't like it, I want a discussion here.

Edited by Aladeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a normie, I've never benefited from Ascended magic.

 

As a spook, I've fought ascended magic about twice.

 

I can confidently say, from my experience as both a badghost doing badghost things and a ghoul eating ghoul things, I enjoyed being counterred by ascended magic. I also see Ascended so rarely that when I see them IC on my normal dude, it feels like a rare ( but not 'abnormal' ) sight.

 

I have a positive opinion of Ascended. Yay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experiences as of most recently with ascended have been filled with tonnes of 'rules lawyering'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sky said:

Experiences as of most recently with ascended have been filled with tonnes of 'rules lawyering'. 

Rules lawyering? care to elaborate a little for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main clique of Ascended are toxic and have ruined the experience of being an Ascended for anyone who is not apart or that clique. Nothing is wront with the magic as it stands other than the main cliques ability to monopolise the magic and alienate anyone who they OOCly dislike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kill it

 

kill ascended magic

 

please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get rid of this garbage ****. 

Please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Rules lawyering? care to elaborate a little for me?

 

Rules lawyering is the act of stretching rules to the fullest extent as to abuse them for personal (or group) gain. The example I can give is a very large case of land ownership and what constitutes a raid, a small group of people were given permission by the region owner (primary region owner infact) to raid a home- Meaning it shouldn't constitute as a raid, as it is brought on by the PRO- During the conflict, the ascended within the house demanded that everyone leave due to the raid time being breached, and everyone was forced to vacate the house, even the primary region owner- The PRO was forced off of his own region... Small example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sky said:

 

Rules lawyering is the act of stretching rules to the fullest extent as to abuse them for personal (or group) gain. The example I can give is a very large case of land ownership and what constitutes a raid, a small group of people were given permission by the region owner (primary region owner infact) to raid a home- Meaning it shouldn't constitute as a raid, as it is brought on by the PRO- During the conflict, the ascended within the house demanded that everyone leave due to the raid time being breached, and everyone was forced to vacate the house, even the primary region owner- The PRO was forced off of his own region... Small example.

Interesting, I'd like to see ascended at least get another chance at a proper change/nerf before it just gets shelved, Although i respect the decision. Especially if things like that became the norm, I went and put a question about i in the community meeting

54 minutes ago, Arhbi said:

The main clique of Ascended are toxic and have ruined the experience of being an Ascended for anyone who is not apart or that clique. Nothing is wront with the magic as it stands other than the main cliques ability to monopolise the magic and alienate anyone who they OOCly dislike. 

I've only talked to Z3mos in the ascended community, He's been extremely polite to everyone i've seen him interact with. How many ascended players have you seen be toxic? I wont ask for names of course

 

36 minutes ago, Jentos said:

Just get rid of this garbage ****. 

Please

Could you elaborate on what you don't like?

54 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

kill it

 

kill ascended magic

 

please

Could you elaborate on what you don't like?

Edited by Aladeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire ascended order itself has split apart. I believe a lot of their leaders either quit or disconnected or something. In my opinion, a total re-write of the lore is necessary if the magic isn't shelved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Could you elaborate on what you don't like?

 

Go to my post and read a rundown of how the ascended leadership acts.

Current Ascended magic is flawed in itself as it's propped up to be this magic which is used for encouraging undynamic, whiteknight roleplay. It destroys any sort of potential consequence of roleplay and are held by the majority of people who are otherwise disgusting in attitude/behaviour. Stuff that even rivals mine and that's difficult to do.

Cbf talking about actual criticisms on the magic since I've repeated it time and time again, it's just not a great magic that contributes to roleplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrimReaper98 said:

 

Go to my post and read a rundown of how the ascended leadership acts.

Current Ascended magic is flawed in itself as it's propped up to be this magic which is used for encouraging undynamic, whiteknight roleplay. It destroys any sort of potential consequence of roleplay and are held by the majority of people who are otherwise disgusting in attitude/behaviour. Stuff that even rivals mine and that's difficult to do.

Cbf talking about actual criticisms on the magic since I've repeated it time and time again, it's just not a great magic that contributes to roleplay.

 I think in the right hands it could be a very good role play tool. But ill read that post, it seems that everyone agrees the community is extremely toxic with the magic

 

3 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

The entire ascended order itself has split apart. I believe a lot of their leaders either quit or disconnected or something. In my opinion, a total re-write of the lore is necessary if the magic isn't shelved.

That's what I think should happen personally, id like to see it removed and rewritten in a different fashion, perhaps in a way that disables players from abusing it an acting how they've been with their power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhbi said:

The main clique of Ascended are toxic and have ruined the experience of being an Ascended for anyone who is not apart or that clique. Nothing is wront with the magic as it stands other than the main cliques ability to monopolise the magic and alienate anyone who they OOCly dislike. 

 

This is an issue with all magic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

 I think in the right hands it could be a very good role play tool. But ill read that post, it seems that everyone agrees the community is extremely toxic with the magic

 

That's what I think should happen personally, id like to see it removed and rewritten in a different fashion, perhaps in a way that disables players from abusing it an acting how they've been with their power

I'd also like to mention that I do agree about the OOC toxicity, and not just from the ascended. You can't generalize an entire group for something a few people have done, like how you mentioned with Z3mos. There has been some toxicity towards a select few ascended. In fact, about a month ago one of my closest friends had done a few unsatisfactory things as a staff member involving a specific nation, and he was basically bullied into quitting the server by this nation. Yes he did make a few mistakes, though I personally believe that it can go to show how overly toxic people can be towards other people. Not to mention that someone I know has allegedly admitted to attempting to bully the ascended off the server or into non-existance (not saying this is true, it's only what I heard from a friend).

We need to consider the other side of the story here, is what I'm saying. We shouldn't completely remove an entire magic because a few people have been toxic or used it wrong, instead should work on how to fix that problem. Maybe someone such as an LT could contact some of the remaining ascended leaders and have a chat with them, I don't know. It's all just my opinion though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

I'd also like to mention that I do agree about the OOC toxicity, and not just from the ascended. You can't generalize an entire group for something a few people have done, like how you mentioned with Z3mos. There has been some toxicity towards a select few ascended. In fact, about a month ago one of my closest friends had done a few unsatisfactory things as a staff member involving a specific nation, and he was basically bullied into quitting the server by this nation. Yes he did make a few mistakes, though I personally believe that it can go to show how overly toxic people can be towards other people. Not to mention that someone I know has allegedly admitted to attempting to bully the ascended off the server or into non-existance (not saying this is true, it's only what I heard from a friend).

We need to consider the other side of the story here, is what I'm saying. We shouldn't completely remove an entire magic because a few people have been toxic or used it wrong, instead should work on how to fix that problem. Maybe someone such as an LT could contact some of the remaining ascended leaders and have a chat with them, I don't know. It's all just my opinion though.

 

No, we should remove an entire magic because people have been toxic and used it wrong. The entire problem isn't even the magic itself, it's the people using it. There are entire groups on this server dedicated to circlejerking magic between friends, they will literally make fun of people like you in their OOC clique chats over the smallest mistake with no forgiveness ever being given out which essentially blacklists you. If they dislike someone OOC'ly, they will refuse to even interact with them in RP or will just resolve this by killing them on sight. 

 

They usually have personal issues in real life and take it out on members of the community because of their self inflated egos and inability to cope with their qualms in a positive social setting. There are people like this all over the server and holy groups are certainly no exception (in fact, they're the least toxic believe it or not). You want to fix the problem? Get rid of magic entirely. Force them to go and do normal mundane RP like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...