Anisgar

A Broken Branch

Spoiler

6UjaJo-14nzpSWEdVsRMOmoSLADsdVnT-x1qKMrh3vJajOa7TmGPaj2wFd9d20kOwoSp_G_rMAWutX_z9W5KgCCYr6SC57o179HbQ8N5IrBbgSFG83YK7fVnmRiaECiyVLo-MlSn

A Broken Branch

Issued by HIS LORDSHIP Alvar I

Confirmed by HIS HOLINESS Aeyn

To my brethren, Children of the All Father, let us speak bluntly. Ours is a checkered history. Again and again, our people have marched stoically into suffering and death. Loyal to the last to we the Rurikid. Their faith in the Father’s plan, unshakeable despite the failings of we, we mortal men. Again and again we, in our immense pride, have failed. It is time to stop this madness, this insanity that seems to incessantly wrack our household. If our house is to hold a Cardinal Sin, one that offends the Father so dearly, it must be pride. To smash like the waves of the sea against the shore. Waves of Norlandic blood spent at our behest. Disgusting.

We maintain our divine right to govern the Norlandic peoples as given unto us by the All Father in the elder days. It is our charge and our duty to serve and protect his children wherever they may be. It is no longer acceptable to fail, casting our hands into the air and bewailing fate. It is no longer acceptable to grumble, to moan, to whine ‘till deafness that were were ‘outnumbered’, ‘betrayed’. The Father commands and we obey.

Doran Freysson Ruric. You are a shame upon our family. A blight upon our house. A curse upon our people. Most of all, a disgrace upon me, as my own blooded brother. Not only have you, in your arrogance, in your absurd insurmountable blindness doom your followers to death by engaging in the business of others. You proved yourself to be a bumbling oaf upon the battlefield. Foolishly dividing your forces and leading them to slaughter many times. Yet you claim the High Chieftainship of our tribe? Supremacy over the Rurikid? Ruler of all Norlandic peoples, those of Sea and Stone? You are mad.

I cannot allow you to doom our people once more. They have suffered enough. I declare thee incompetent. You are unfit for the Thorned Crown, unworthy of the dignity of a moot. In light of your gross idiocy, supreme failure on all counts, and utter hubris and greed. I cannot allow you to drive our people to extinction. I declare myself first amongst the Rurikid. I declare myself High Chieftain.

For those good folk who have not succumbed to madness, who see the folly of this madman’s parade, I beg of you: save yourselves, for your lives are precious, given unto you by the mercy of the All Father. You will find reprieve at my hearth, and safety behind my shield. I shall see you at Nordengrad. May you all walk in the Father’s light.

Writ en Namen De

HIS LORDSHIP, Alvar of the House Ruric. High Chieftain of the Rurikid. Earl of Nordengrad, Bulwark of the Faith, Chieftain of the Freyssons.

Wit by

HOLINESS, Aeyn of the House Ruric. High Keeper of the Holy Hearth. Hearth Keeper of Nordengrad. Chieftain of the Edvardssons.

-

THE HONOURABLE, Erik of the House Ruric, First Chieftain of the Eirikssons. Chieftain of the Roriks. Justicar of Nordengrad.

-

THE HONOURABLE, Adelmar of the House Ruric, of the Clan Rosik.

Edited by Anisgar

Erik signs the paper “Ave Nordengrad”

cassio laughs at how badly Doran messed up. Yet again he thinks that Doran “The Explorer” would have made a better character in fun children’s theatric show than as the leader of a town.

Edited by Knightie

Layla would nod her head after reading the letter “That’s someone I could see myself following” she’d say leaving her Draken Armour on her bedroll as she begun the slow march along the road’s.

Vladimyr, the last chieftain to leave the paper unsigned, still doesn't sign because he's stuck in the middle of the woods.

Jorii signs the charter Ave Nordengrad, Ave clan Rorik  Jorii then goes back to sending prank letters.

Al-Asu signs I guess? (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

Erik pulls out a magic eraser and removes the unnecessary signatures

Edyth Fiscere tugs on Una’s sleeve upon hearing the news. “He must have been a bad man..” she murmurs to her toes with a brief shake of her head.

"Norlanders need no home to be a people. Both Nordengrad and Vilachia are a disgrace of the Norlandic name." She spits. "You all call yourselves honorable and bound by the Faith, but I only see pride and a play for power amongst this."

1 hour ago, Nectorist said:

Vladimyr, the last chieftain to leave the paper unsigned, still doesn't sign because he's stuck in the middle of the woods.

Carina, always knowing her son wasn’t the brightest due to a dent in the head as a baby, sighs from very far away

Hannibal shook his head. “I can only pray my friends survive on the other side.”

“What foolishness. To divide a people at the darkest point in their history, to jockey cravenly for power and to make accusations with the basest of goals; the Ruriks embarass themselves, it seems, as they have many times in their past. I only hope a better leader can emerge from this, and solidify the Norlandic people as a power once more, lest they continue to be pawns in the Imperial chess-game of power,” Henry bitterly comments.