Characters Across Ages

DahStalker

Characters Across the Ages

❋ Something fun to consider ❋

I'll make this blunt. Across the ages a lot of players have joined us and left. Yet, what is considerably overlooked at times is what us players of LOTC creature adventures with - or rather who. So, for shits and giggles, I am making this thread for players to share fun moments with their characters they had overtime as well as who some of their characters were. Participate if you want or not. Up to you!

❋ Marcy Proudfoot (Zuberzuri) : (Athera) Probably one of my best known characters and the first. She was known as a woman infected with a blood imp and lived within a cute cabin in Salvus under my good friend Allen. She was married to a /lot/ of men as thanks to emotional 12 year old me I just couldn't settle for a good mineman lover dude. She ended up siring a lot of current elven and half-elven families who are present to this very day. She was undoubtedly one of my most evolved and favorite characters I had throughout the years. 

❋ Jade de Bosco (Wycombe) : (?) A chaotic pirate that was adopted by a man with a giant warship. She ended up falling in love with an Ashes and a man by the name of 'Fox'. In the end she ended up becoming a makeshift Imperial Admiral under Istria before being cucked out of it due to ooc salt, crazy man. She was a super admirable character

❋ Eva Anna von Aesterwald-Marna : (whenever westerlands was) A very friendly Waldenian woman who ended up marrying Leopold. She became the first Queen of Westerlands and I ended up giving birth to  the one and only Caius or our dude Mister Joey Calabreeni.

❋ Maid #20000 : I was a Savoyard maid at a time.

❋ Mare: One of my most memorable characters who was known as the Calendula Druid - she was friends with TarreBears old Empress - Julia and her twin brothers. She also saved Julia from being slaughtered by a bear. Great times. She is forever remembered 

❋ Hillith Athna: My literal irrelevant Xan spawn who is just an anti-social aunt Paladin

❋ Mariana Dubois: Yeeeeeahhhhhh boy. She is known as Vaeri Izalith as well. Basically the Foster

❋ Lorelle: She was the firstborn daughter of Peter Sigismund the II and due to hating life within the Palace and dreading how things were at the time she had left and resided by the Marked Men before being forced to assist with Mordskov where I participated in some events and she got with a Marked Man named Vicelin before siring few offspring.

❋ Melia: A crazy 'ame wood elf who was the daughter of my good Finnigan friend. She ended up aspiring to become a mage though never took the final fling to do so as she got bored and just sort of vanished for a time. She is perma shelved. She is probably just wandering about and learning as much as she can

❋ Lucrecia de Falstaff-Vladov: She was very prominent in the Two Emperor War and was my vintner character. She ended up in a love triangle between Joseph the I and Romulus of Cascadia. She sired many good wines and vodkas. Her favorite family member was her Uncle Banquo. I really enjoyed the roleplay on this character and will miss her dearly

❋ Jeanne Vladov: Killed by Golem in Varoche Hall. She was in the Senate. Really havoc really formal. Didn't like the character too much. 

❋ Hanya Sano-Lancefeld: A secret Sanoist and woman of Event-Planning. Truly a memorable character.

Favorite Moments

1.) Waking up September Prince

2.) Being Parion's mother
3.) All of my Orenian Characters
4,) Stabbing a bear in the bollocks to save TarreBear
5.) Roleplaying in Carnatia or w/e with the Kovachevs

6.) The Warhawkes

7.) The Druids and Paladins any rp w/ them

8.) Fighting Gudour
9.) Mordskov 

10.) The bullworm

11.) Even if he was a pedo. Zer0 had an ok tavern for rp in Athera 

12.) Anything Dwarf

13.) Roleplaying with Bell and doing Sanoism 

14,) Marked Men rp. Though majority of the users dislike me now from that group. Their rp made me very happy and had a huge impact on how I conduct my roleplay. 

Edited by DahStalker

On LOTC I only played 2 characters. Jack Vivyaen and Arkus. 

I pvp defaulted Vardak in a tense rp situation in Aegis to win my friend back as Jack

I sacrificed Arkus to be some lore-breaking seal

Getting the kingdom with @Eddywilson2 was super cool. Especially because we were hanging out IRL that weekend when it happened. Rickard was one of my favorite characters for sure.

Signa Blackaxe.. I was the high queen 😔

Aloisia Horen and I remember poisoning another noblewoman over lunch and she actually pk'd 

Helena Sarkozic nee Chivay MF MOTHER OF ADRIA!!! I was hughes sarkozic mother hello ... 

Oh and Adeline Sarkozic in Adria before Dukes War. Remember spitting on the queen when she visited the camp and she had her horse toss mud on me

Spoiler

I'm also a pretty inconsistent rper so i dont expect any of my old chars to be remembered

Only just getting to play interesting (I hope) characters, as a result of being more involved within the community, despite being an on and off player since Anthos - Athera. Recently, I've enjoyed more priestly, theological rp, because so much of what is applied is readily prepared and provided. Although defunct and exiled, I've had some of the most enjoyable rp on my Visaj, who served a Dominus in his time, and a usurper not long afterwards. It was fun brewing conflict, for doing things as awful as claiming myself a messiah and uniter.

Well, I met my IRL husband here on the server and we've been married for almost two years now. We still play here together!

I'll never forget the romance between our characters that lead to us talking OOC, finding out we lived in the same state, meeting up in person, and eventually dating. That's why my character Lorina will always have a special place in my heart and will always be my favorite character. 

Art I made in 2015 of our characters:

Spoiler

KSXcFWx.png

One extra word of caution - I do not advocate using LOTC as a dating service. I got lucky and met someone really wonderful within driving distance. It was basically like winning the lottery lmao

i've only been on for a year (yesterday was my one year anniversary :D) so i've had a few characters

augusta borsa: a poet who never actually published a poem but was working on a newspaper. she was then murdered the next day because of morsgradi ppl pretending to be imperials. i pked her bc i thought it'd be cool

theodora angelica helvets: probably my longest character on here!! there was a period of time where i feared she would never get married but she did eventually. she has 2 daughters so far, owns an atelier, has a rat named hubert whos 200 years old in rat years (I did the math) and a ferret named edward. she married into a family that almost went extinct twice in one map (falstaff). shes been betrothed once to a bbnov prince but then that was broken off, engaged to a d'emyth but then that also got broken off. born in kaedrin to a mom and dad who hated each other and some non-existant brothers who for some reason only one of them exists today. she was rlly good friends with her sister lorena annabelle and learned a bunch of languages because Yeah. she also was kidnapped, like her mother and maternal grandmother before her at the age of 6-7, along with an elf who she met in oren and almost cried because he saved her life and was also like a mother figure to her. even though he was a man. she's also rlly good friends with her cousin, wilhelmina beatrix and her other cousin, john charles, who just so happened to be married. 

also this was her first skin 

Spoiler

e190e2cc37b0de3a4d9a11d80da4f84a.png

octavia vientos: literally every other noblewoman BUT she was my first noble and for that i love her

gwannys grandaxe: a dwarf woman who has a burn scar because she fled the mountain region of the korvassa in the late 1700s because of obvious reason (damn inferni). she was made yesterday but damn do i love her. she's 4'1 and rlly fat and likes lolita clothes/1500s-1600s clothing. also its rlly cool to be a fat woman with a scar instead of a woman with curly hair and perfect skin. she PROBABLY doesn't shave her armpits because she thinks it'll never grow back

her skin

Spoiler

7383bc17cf54412332847a511bc6e8bb.png

some of my favorite rp moments are being kidnapped and ELFNAPPED by the sutican mercenaries and watching marinaemily and capitalx and maliiah and a bunch of other kaedreni rpers pvp/duke it out with the sutican merc's at 3-4am. (thats not rp but that was rlly funny hearing them in voice call). i'll also never forget getting my first noble and rping on her, even if most the ppl i knew on her and i aren't rlly friends anymore i made some good friends on her i still speak to this day!! thank u for coming to my ted tallk

Cecil Virosi: My first character on LoTC and the spiritual father of all my celibate scribes. I had a lot of fun playing him because he was Ex. Godfrey's scribe, before the Exalted were invented. At first he was the consummate monarchist, but he got swept up in the Imperial Traditionalist cult and began to worship his own emperor as God. My favorite thing to do on him was stand in the corner of king's court and correct people who addressed the royalty wrong. "The Holy Orenian Emperor should be addressed as His Imperial Majesty or Sire, my lord." He was buddies with the ladies of the imperial court, and once managed to politely deflect a frost witch for long enough for the traveling Empress Ari to escape. The frost witch tried to seduce him, but little did she know Cecil wasn't just celibate--he was asexual.

Anne Horen: One of Godfrey's daughters, she existed only as a forum character. She was initially created to marry the Hochmeister of the Teutonic Order, but he decided he wasn't interested. I played her as a bitter spinster after that, and her main RP appearance was attending an imperial gala, where she chewed out several lords. In the last years of her fertility, she eventually wedded Edward Winter and gave them the Horen blood they wanted so desperately.

James II: My current character, and my favorite so far. James is much more adventurous than my previous characters; despite his palsy, I've sent him into battle, he's secretly met with the Great Titan Azdromoth, and he's witnessed multiple angelic apparitions. My favorite plot arc with him was his chaste, platonic romance with an elven woman (he's the first character I've played who had romantic feelings, although still celibate). He's definitely my character who has done the most, in every sense of the phrase. Favorite moments with James II:

• Angrily taking to the streets and dressing down the Minister of Intelligence for arresting a cardinal, then getting chewed out by Peter III
  • Sneaking armed men into a cardinal's trial to bust him out if they tried to execute him 
  • Fuming when King Sigismund II walked away from him mid-sentence without being dismissed
  • Helping his friend Mariana Dubois come out of the closet as an elf
  • Traveling in disguise to Haelun'or to meet the Great Titan, Azdromoth, and determine if he was on Canonism's side (he wasn't convinced)
  • Meeting Prince Philip Augustus as a young boy and becoming his spiritual confidante
  • Brokering peace between Corwin von Alstreim and Simon Basrid at the summit of the Cloud Temple
  • Receiving a vision of the Archangel Michael and getting stabbed with a sword of light
  • Attending the last battle for Korvassa, and ending up trapped under a collapsing tent with Empress Anne

(You might notice a very slow progression here of James getting his temper under control as the years go by)

Talis Ardere (2012-2013) - My first character. An Elf who joined the Arcane Delvers and later became a Ghost when they were first written and implemented on the server. Very Tolkien-esque and a lot of my RP revolved around his profession -- being a Ranger during Anthos and the Fringe -- and having a longstanding feud with a Dread Knight whom he hated. Memorable things that happened as I played this character was the time I got blasted in the cranium by a White Rose at a Check Point and the time I watched CrayFishChris and Kalameet absolutely obliterate the Princedom of Malinor, throwing it into chaos. 

Mithras Sylvaeri (2013 - current, albeit shelved) - My second oldest character and the son of Talis Ardere, and a cousin to Lafthi Sylvaeri, and secondary cousin to Aenor Calithil. I began playing him in the Arcane Delvers as well since that was my friend group at the time and became a Fire Mage, who Hiebe oversaw out-of-characterly to my delight as a thirteen-year-old who loved magic and its history on this server. I witnessed everything from AenguDaemonic intercession to the death of Setherien. A troubled history as a drunk and misogynist, Mithras eventually became a Cleric of Tahariae until things didn't work out due to what he witnessed as the corruption of the ancient order following the departure of the original Itharel and the reconstitution of the order under a group of people who actively role-played anime protagonists who frivolously spoke and negotiated with spooks. I became a Paladin in 2016, and eventually ended up becoming a Keeper of Xan on him. Mithras is the black sheep of his family and has a few sons and relatives who know of him, but beyond some tomes on magic he wrote in his youth under the pen name 'Mythras' he is largely unknown. After him and Leric went to Xan to be stripped of their Keeperhood, they returned to the mortal world and eventually Mithras ended up disconnected in a political hit by Tsuyose's Athna and some Flays.

Ilya Ivanovich - A short-lived character from 2018. Me and Tornado did Ivanovich Raevir rp and feuded with Belvitz, and my character served as a Renatian legionaire. He befriended much of the Horen family but died in exile in the years following the Siege of Helena and the War of Two Emperors. 

I have a lot of other characters that I haven't shelved or pk'd, but bringing them up here would likely be a waste of time and offer too much insight into characters I presently play. 

Hiebe Irongut lore inbound.

(At work will rewrite)

Teric Sindarin, Radis, and Ratfoot.
The longest played character I've had on LOTC, Teric was created sometime around the summer before last. He was a halfling, adopted into a family he hated, blinded in his quest to reunite them, and later killed by his birth family.

While I had plenty of ventures with Teric last year, playing him this year has been much more fun.
He ran the Underground, the best drug den in Brandybrook, was always high, and sailed with the crew of the Spicy Shrimp.

Though I've only been around two-odd years, I have quite a lot of chat racers due to my poor habit of making personas that I tend to rush or only have interest in for some brief moment, before getting bored or abandoning them. Thankfully, I've gotten better, though I'll just list my most memorable and most relevant:

Alfius Elpyne [Dead]: The first 'real' character that I played for a good part of my time on LOTC. He started as a very wholesome human fire evocationist in Belvitz, who was either liked or threatened with hanging depending upon who you were, and he aided in the legalization of magic within the Pertinaxi Empire. Post transition to Arcas, he learned Conjuration and Arcanism, and adopted a mute daughter by the name of Symphony, eventually working towards nearly becoming an Ascended, and was basically your stereotypical protagonist Void Mage. However, amidst his trials, he was maddened by touching a bloodshard and became a blood mage instead, crucial development for both me and my characters, truly concretizing my path on this server. He fell into a bad crowd and, despite his efforts to maintain a good spirit and love for his daughter, was eventually crushed as I spiraled into into my 'edgy mage grr grr' phase. The most memorable moment I had on him was probably when one of his more twisted colleagues forced him to unknowingly cannibalize his own daughter (to which she PK'd). He became depressed and lonely, until he eventually died of his own sadness and regret. The link to the PK post is here.

Overall he was a very complicated character, and one that I often criticize because of how poorly I roleplayed him due to my inexperience and attachment to the character. However, even though I was a new player and reminiscing him often makes me cringe, looking back I think he had one of the more dramatic and immersive stories out of many other personas I've played. It was a shame I hadn't realized that sooner and allowed his story to rest instead of avoiding so many more unique opportunities.

Dresden de Wees [Active]: Second-born son of the infamous Darius Ault. He was a lot frailer than his father and brother in his youth, and often spent more times around books and scribblings than he did the sword, much to the dismay of his family. His original plan was to learn magic, though eventually I went inactive on the character and he wasn't played for nearly a year; though I started to play him more actively again several months ago after some redevelopment. After some time taken to witness how much the Empire had changed during his absence, he came to learn the arts of alchemy under a man by the name Zadrik, and eventually aided his mentor in the creation of the fabled Philosopher's Stone as a means of transmuting the soul. There were many roleplay posts leading up to this, and his departure is by far the the most memorable out of all my LOTC experiences. You can find his shelving and farewell post here

I still play him actively, and he's had many unique adventures. He's definitely one of the more immersive characters I've played, and one I've used as a means of toying with deeper aspects of roleplay, such as in-character philosophies, faiths, and moral concepts which govern the persona vert strictly. Hopefully he'll be around for a good while, but who knows what could happen.

Azigaté [Active]: Azigaté is a peculiar character among those I tend to play. She's rather mysterious in her upbringing and place of origin, though originally she was a gypsy by who came to lose her sight after some odd monster attack in Helena. She prayed to God to restore her sight, and was granted no response, so she fled to the far swamps of Arcas in despair. Azigaté mourned bitterly and learned to feed off mushrooms and other herbs she could find, leading her teeth to become yellow and her flesh darkly toned from mud. She was lucky she wasn't drowned or poisoned. No one knows what happened after, though it's rumored she made pacts with the devil in order to to restore her sight. Azigaté now lives in a tree stump in the far town of Esbec, oftentimes discarding the company of people in exchange for inanimate objects, which she has made a habit of conversing with casually. 

I enjoy maintaining a more cryptic character for her, one that often leaves people confused as to whether she had just prophesied or instead spewed some random nonsense. She's very low key and doesn't like to directly interact with big events or gatherings, and instead prefers subtlety and proxies, which draws her to a lot of smaller villages where she can be on the DL.

Tuvya Carrion [Active]: One of my newer characters. He is the son of Ostromir Carrion, and has multiple siblings; two of which are his triplet brother and sister. He is a very questionable boy for his age, and oftentimes becomes malicious and manipulative without even realizing it. The boy also has terrible temperament management, and will melt down quite quickly when things don't go his way, though he's definitely gotten better with it over time. He's still relatively new, again, so beyond child abuse there hasn't been much else notable tied to him... yet.

Well I been here for a bit but here is a small list of my characters of the past of this map. As the change will be important to me as this was my very first map! Off with the characters.

Olivia Hortus : Olivia was a crown jewel to me. She was a lady in waiting to the Lady Catherine Windsor and then fell head over heals for Lady Windsor’s cousin. Sadly she got an illness and died. I actually love to look back to Olivia

Marcella O’Hara : Marcella was of House O’Hara. She was young and beautiful, first falling in love with a knight until her family decided to move to an elven nation when renatus were at war with all elves. So she told her trusted friend Adrianna Windsor about and and her cousin, the baron, was arrested and about to be executed. But a dragon knight stoped the event. After all of this, the knight broke off his love from Marcella and she became heart broken. Until she met Boris Ruthern. They fell and love and had a private marriage. But Marcella did not last long and died while giving birth to the only son of herself and Boris. 

Daenaera : A formal slave falling in love with the hurt Xavier Ashwood. She gave birth to the elven queen consort Rhaella Ashwood. But she could not see this day as she was killed at Viraker while trying to take back her child, her head smashed and herself, falling off a clif.

Khaleesi O’Hara : ( I have forgotten her last name but never-mind about that) daughter of the sister of the baron of O’Hara and a curonian knight. She was a young woman who loved her cousin and an imperial prince. Until she was arrested by a dragon knight in the church in front of imperial household members and promptly executed hearing the voice of her cousin the last time. 

Mariana di montelliano : From a bit of prestigious back ground, the woman wondered around. Being a diplomat for a count and having some lovers and well friends. Even being the lady in waiting for the future empress consort of the time to Alexander II. But like all people she fell and love and got pregnant. They where not married and would be married until men of ves burnt him on the stake. Months after she gave birth and promptly disappeared.

[Many shelved and not important characters later]

Now here we are I guess! I honestly am so happy I met so many people while here and cannot wait for the new friends and events which will happen in the future. To a new map and first map change.

I don't really play anymore but I was chatting with @Bhased the other day about my druid, Tevi. She's pretty epic. Illiterate, but I enjoyed burning shoes on her.

I had fun roleplaying with @Axelu  on Adeline & Amelia Horen. He was like, one of my first friends in human RP and helped me a lot in finding fun RP. Axelu's rad.

Played a red dead redemption esque group for a lil while, some cowboy wearing lass named Lou. that was funny. 

Norik Grandaxe (The Fringe to Athera),

Spoiler

My first 'real' main character on the server. While I had played some before him, they usually lasted about a month before I moved onto some other inspiration. Norik started out as 'Norik Valehammer' and lived on a farm (I say farm, it was a shack with a garden) outside Kal'Arkon. He started out about the same way as any other dwarf ever does, that being as a Legion Grunt and eventually worked his way up to Ironbreaker. One day I was wandering around Alras up on top of Kal'Arkon and I found the druid's grove. Met some elves, talked to some druids, and one thing led to another and I was a dedicant. Took me all the way up to the very start of Athera to be attuned and made the Mountain Druid. Had some good memories on him with some old names I still miss chatting with. Flying into Haelunor with boats, holding Dungrimm's mouth in constant skirmishes against elves and humans. 

Vosirk Grandaxe (Athera to Present),

Spoiler

My third main and dwarf (I was a big fan of playing dwarves back in the day) who was the son of Fimlin Grandaxe. Originally, he was made as a quick character to play with my OG dwarf buds and to join in on raids and battles with them. Classic half-naked berserker type of vibe. Put him away for a good awhile and brought him back in Axios and decided to go down the druid route again, found a teacher in Trout Druid Kasfer, and eventually made Vos the Iron Druid. He's been one of my most favorite characters because of the dynamic he had with other druids and his students.

He's a traditional dwarf through and through, believing firmly in the Brathmordakin and the belief system created by Metal Druid Sharr that described the druidic Aspects as servants to the dwarf goddess Anbella. Took him down the brief werewolf feral route which was an odd side story, really cemented some of his views on form shifting once he had the curse removed (That being an utter disgust in changing from one's natural form). He's still alive and kicking nowadays, nearly PK'd him a couple times but I've yet to find the heart and proper method of doing so.

Miklaeil Arvellon (Axios to Present),

Spoiler

My first ever elf main and my most developed and loved character ever was a Dominion guard and soldier named Mik. I originally started him as a meme character named 'Haelunor, Dominion Guard' alongside a few other skyrim guards for the sake of some good fun. When staff took offense to the memes, I had to turn Haelunor, Dominion Guard into an actual character. Thus, Miklaeil was born. He was pretty typical for a wood elf with no unique features or special traits. My plan with him was simply to join a seed and get into a culture that I'd never really taken the time to appreciate.

He went on a two-ish year ride of character development and growth that I did not expect to happen. At one point he was a disciplined military officer in the Dominion with a loving wife and child and leading a seed of Tolkien-styled elves, then he was a lord in Aegrothond (Which at the time was a splinter remnant of the Dominion that grew into its own) struggling to balance his duties as seed lead with the depression and drinking brought on by a loss of his first wife, second fiance and his missing children.

And it doesn't even stop there. His third and final attempt at finding love led to a romance between himself and the queen of Aegrothond's rival, Alderyn. It was very endearing roleplay to see a depressed, trauma stricken lord and veteran gradually find happiness again in the lonely queen of a nation that he had opposed for nearly a decade or so. It led to him being somewhat outcasted by his former peers and to him leaving the Silma and Aegrothond in favor of pursuing his work as a Druid. I ended up trying my hand at writing my own cultural lore in the form of the Arvellon seed and finally fleshing out Miklaeil's beliefs on druidism as its own small creed alongside Nummy (Who plays Layla). He is absolutely my best character ever played and I've enjoyed developing him into something that feels real according to his experiences and life thus far.