The Oasis Runs Red

Javert

110 Medieval Battle Scenes ideas | medieval, medieval fantasy, medieval  history

Members of the combined Sarissan/Rhein forces engage the Rustlers and Red Company

The Battle of the Kharasi Oasis

Penned by Oisin O'Breathnach Buckfort, Kapitan of the PKS

After the villainous acts committed by the Red Company within the Barony of the Rhein, the Count William of Sarissa and the Patriarch Kane of Clan Redfist realized that such a rogue mercenary force could no longer find its home within the walls of Brynrose. After more antagonistic events occurred within our own lands committed by the Red Company, the cowards decided to flee from Sutica rather than face trial for their numerous crimes against Sarissa, The Rhein, and Sutica as a whole. Knowing such injustice could not stand, the combined forces of the PKS, the Rhein, and many brave Suticans joined together within the town of Brynrose to consolidate their numbers and bring the Red Company to justice. 

Soon after mobilization of this combined army, word was received that the bandit company known as The Rustlers was taking in and supporting the Red Company, and that they had plans to raid the Sutican countryside if not stopped. Knowing such raids would take the lives of hundreds, perhaps thousands of innocent Sutican men and women, the assembled force departed from Sarissa and marched to engage the Rustlers in open battle. Though the reputation of the Rustlers sewed worry in the minds of some, many others were determined to crush any incursion into their homeland that they were willing to give their lives for. As the combined army marched onwards, the joint Rustler-Red Company army came into view. They had decided to face us upon the field of battle rather than retreat into the mountains, and had their force situated just across from ours at the sandy desert just beyond the city of Osanora. Knowing such terrain was perfect for a battle, our forces lined up across from theirs and awaited the signal to attack.

Minutes went by, adrenaline began to fill the veins of the brave Sutican men, and the order to charge was given. As we rushed forth to engage the enemy, we were surprised to see that the foe had not turned and ran for better ground, but instead counter-charged and clashed with the Sutican army! The sound of armored bodies crashing into one another, the clanging of steel, the whistle of arrows flying by, and the war cries of men was all that could be heard on the battlefield that day. After the initial clash had subsided and the foe had withdrawn to try and bait our army into better ground, the PKS and Rhein forces held back and instead chose a defensive position situated within the bone structure which provided a capable defense from arrow fire and was hard to charge into. For many saint's minutes, the battle raged on. Many of the Rustlers took up ranged weaponry to try and whittle down our numbers, only to be ran off time and time again. Almost twenty saint's minutes since the battle had began, the Rustler numbers were slowly being cut away and their forces beginning to splinter. In order to take decisive action on the field, a second charge was ordered where many of the Rustlers were driven back towards the gates and walls of Osanora, where many of the remaining Rustlers were cut down. The survivors fled to the sea, and withdrew from the battle entirely. The Battle of the Kharasi Oasis had been decisively won by the combined forces of Sarissa and the Rhein!

Let this be a warning to all who would wish to question the determination of the vassal-states of Sutica to protect their homeland. Hundreds gave their lives to protect Sutica, and hundreds more shall continue to do so in the name of GOD and the Monarchs of Sutica!

"It was a hard fought and emotional battle for me. I knew people on both sides, but I fought for  my home, Sarrisa. Fighting by the side of my kaptain and my count filled me with a sense of pride...  I may be a medic, normal, but in times like these, the hypocritic oath must be put aside for the greater good." - an excerpt from the journal of Brawly Scath on the battle of Kharasi Oasis

The Count, Ser William Buckfort, signed the Lorraine for the brave souls lost, crediting the victory to those who fought and died. "T'Rustlers are a dreadful foe... Et es onleh by t'grace o' God we won."

William would go on to recognize the efforts of the allied reinforcements, presumably men of Vortice, led by Paris Langren and Mika Uialben

Furthermore, he'd pat the shoulder of his son, Oisin Buckfort , knowing well he played a crucial part in leading the troops.

OOC:

Spoiler

The skirmish has been extremely fun and has been a first PVP experience for a bunch of our guys.

Mad respect to the Rustlers for taking on a much larger force and doing so in good spirits!

That night, Lomiei would be tending to his wounds, and enjoying the quiet piece of his farm, when he stopped to say a prayer.
"Godan in the 7 skies, keeper of almaris. I and the faithful men of sutica lift our heads in praise! I thank you for the continued strength you've imparted to the men on the battlefield, and the hand of defense you held over the combatants on the side of righteousness and virtue this day. Sutica will forever stand strong against the forces of evil and cowardice."

He then took a long nap on his back porch.

mika Uialben smiles as he sees the missive, forwarding it by bird to those interested 

Spoiler

ah yes, a 9v21 where we killed almost your entire rally is a dub

Carlos Mendez sits comfortably in his Keep, sustaining multiple wounds from the certainly worrying battle. "Still a victory." The Retiree winced, shrugging slightly as his right hand returned to his bandaged wound.

Utayr hears news and shakes his head "a fake oasis. To the northerners anything by sand and water is such... oh well, back to tending to a real oasis." He said not really minding the information given

7 hours ago, AnonymousAlexa said:
  Hide contents

ah yes, a 9v21 where we killed almost your entire rally is a dub

roleplay on the roleplay forum!

Upon receiving the missive in his office, Kane Redfist grinned slightly "It was a good practice for the new and unexperienced people." he nodded a couple of times before putting the missive aside again and continued working.