The Benefits of Reimplementing LC

Eryane

The only argument I recall from when I tried to push for this last map was that "it will be abused". I wonder what will happen with this notion however, LC would be really good.

LC was a massively useful tool. It made it possible to build well, even if you had a small group, or no group. I think we need to bring it back!

Pretty sure I commented on this subject back when I was the World Manager. Basic blocks like wood, stone, sand, terracotta, etc shouldn't be ridiculously scarce. Likely the best resource system for infrastructure blocks were the pits in the Axios CT, where all you had to do was click a button and a command block would spawn the desirrd block type. Simplest thing to ever exist, made building infinitely easier. LC should be added, simple as that.

This is going to be more of a criticism on the world team than a criticism on pasting or LC.

The current issue I have with the world team is that they're slow and have almost no presence on the server that I am aware of. This is ironic because the reason I was previously removed from the world team was for "inactivity" something which they now seem to be doing.

When I applied, I was put on hold for nearly 6 months, ignored in DM's and then had my app denied without any explanation. Since I received no explanation, I posted the app again since I was also applying for the event build team, I was DM'ed by Soul that it would just be denied again without any explanation. I have not been contacted since. Meanwhile, Joel/Screamingdingo actually bothered to put my build team app on pending and say I will be contacted shortly (likely whenever they review apps).

https://gyazo.com/750b4edcf421b725f407247f6e71595c

It's really up to speculation but this is starting to come across more and more as corruption and incompetence coming from most of the world team's key members. Reform is needed, apps need to be reviewed properly and accepted and new ideas need to be brought forward and updated on. We as a community deserve better then this current map and it's draconian systems.

Edit:

As for LC, the only reason LC was removed was because they were afraid of duplication exploits and players with LC exploiting the system to do things they really shouldn't of been doing. Moderation simply couldn't babysit everyone in LC and the world team either didn't have the resources or ability to help in pasting builds through LC.

With the current system, grinding any form of build material is torture. I would honestly prefer Nexus then Vortex, it's that bad.

Edited by drfate786

Last time I checked, most people in WT want limited creative too. It's a matter of time, but keep in mind: Vortex was supposed to be removed months ago, but no one was able to do so yet. There are either more pressing issues or the techs don't have time.

One tip I've learned when you want change: Join staff yourself and actually change stuff, it works. 

5 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Last time I checked, most people in WT want limited creative too. It's a matter of time, but keep in mind: Vortex was supposed to be removed months ago, but no one was able to do so yet. There are either more pressing issues or the techs don't have time.

One tip I've learned when you want change: Join staff yourself and actually change stuff, it works. 

See, in order to join staff they have to actually accept the application to do so.

Agreed, +1. As someone who is constantly building there is no time to actually rp mainly thanks to Vortex! 

1 hour ago, drfate786 said:

See, in order to join staff they have to actually accept the application to do so.

Well, I suppose there are reason why some are ignored and not wanted. 

The only thing I've seen yet from you are either toxic, cynical or hateful forum posts.

I'm sure they'll accept you if you stop that for a while!

This is a tech/dev team problem. If they wanted to fix it they would have.

11 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Well, I suppose there are reason why some are ignored and not wanted. 

The only thing I've seen yet from you are either toxic, cynical or hateful forum posts.

I'm sure they'll accept you if you stop that for a while!

There are far more toxic and far more "hateful" and "cynical" players currently within the world team. It's not about behavior or reputation, it's about what you can bring to a team and how you can help improve it. One of the core reasons why we've had bad staff in the past is because some people see it as a popularity contest.

You’re building your nations out of stuff other than pure cobblestone?

no wonder you want LC, you can’t appreciate the true cult of cobble

shitposting aside... the reason pasting takes so long is because it has to go through several different teams and server resets. You have to get a schem saved, get the schem file, give the schem file to Voop, Voop has to add it to the server schematics folder, WT has to paste it in and charge you. It’s a convoluted process and if even one chain is broken or busy you’re just fucked

someone would need to code it, and afaik techs are busy removing the dumdum vortex plugin

1 hour ago, monkeypoacher said:

someone would need to code it, and afaik techs are busy removing the dumdum vortex plugin

They'd have to either code it like you said or take the old version and update it, patch it, test it, etc. It would honestly take probably a year to fix the LC plugin.