Day of the Dead

WrathOfQuacken

Day of the Dead
Circa 37 SA

On behalf of the people of Sarissa, I beckon all to come for our festives. The day of the dead is Saint's Monthly event where we gather together and celebrate the past of our loved ones. It matters not whether they passed days or decades ago, their memory shall live on through us. The Day of the Dead is not a religious event, we welcome all from the Church of Canon, the Red Faith or otherwise. It is a gathering that welcomes all. It is not a time of worship, but a time of remembrance. Let us mourn our fallen together, as people. The event shall be open for all who wish to attend, regardless of our relations.

Spoiler

OOC: It will take place on Sunday the 15th on 5PM EST at x -300 z 800

What to expect?

We shall start by mustering around a wooden effigy located at x 340 z 800, by our encampment on the lands of Yong Ping. The attendants will be given time to silently pray for their God(s) until everyone is ready. During that time, they are free to leave flowers or personal items that symbolize a fallen loved one at the foot of the effigy. A brief opening statement will be delivered where folks will be invited to deliver a statement of their own, be it a word or two to honour a loved one, or to encourage and support those in mourning. After all sentiments are delivered, the attendants are encouraged to shake shakes and exchange names, sympathies and smiles. Let us remind ourselves that we all carry a certain weight.
Afterwards, the effigy shall be set ablaze to burn through the night, bringing any belongings left as offerings with it. While the effigy burns, the attendants will sit around camp and share a meal. The people of Sarissa are encouraged to welcome all revelers and treat them as their own kinsmen. Expect nothing but kindness.

Food and drinks will be served free of charge. Should you wish to share your own, ensure you bring enough for all.

JulieAnnTaylorArt: The Pyre
Dress code

It is requested that all attendants wear dark and conservative clothes. Avoid showing skin or bright colours. Black is preferable.

Invitations
Personal invitations are to be dispatched to the following;
Elizabeth Raven, The Raven of Sarissa @gurlpirate
William "Gruk'Zmazhah" Raven, and his Uruk allies@titanicbomber
Tianrui Ren, The Chancellor of Yong Ping, and his people @Moo_bot
Johanna I, The Queen of Sutica, and her people @Axelu
Eugeo de Astrea, Duke of Elysium, and his people @Suicidium
Aylin de Astrea and her smol beans @Charbi
Ser Karl Amador and the knights of Haense @giambro
Kane Redfist and his loyal clansmen @Robin01_boy
Rebeka la Waevra and her loyal clansmen @ohbother1
Aeline Cordius and her family @Demon_Lilly
Holy Sir August and his allies @Mykei
Huberta DaVeney, the Imperial Court Minstrel @oliviaaaahr
Elsiimah'Ceru and The Rustlers
@__Clocky
Anyone else wishing to attend

Edited by Pan_Porucznik

Eliza shakes her head as she reads the invitation. 

"How many times do I have to tell him... Eliza is not short for Elizabeth."

6 minutes ago, gurlpirate said:

The Baron of Ghaestenwald overheard Eliza by chance, and accidentally stumbled into her. He promptly asked, "Well, what's it short for then?" unable to contain his curiousity!

14 minutes ago, Gusano said:

The Baron of Ghaestenwald overheard Eliza by chance, and accidentally stumbled into her. He promptly asked, "Well, what's it short for then?" unable to contain his curiousity!

"Not a thing, my friend!" She says with a smile. "Eliza is just my name!"

1 minute ago, gurlpirate said:

"Not a thing, my friend!" She says with a smile. "Eliza is just my name!"

"Oh alright!" The Baron carries on with his day.

50 minutes ago, gurlpirate said:

"Hey, Elizabeth!" William cried out for his friend.

Bella would learn of this event through the Sarissa camp - and have a load of mixed feelings about it. "Haven' 'ad a chance ter really mourn mos' o' t'ose Oi've los'... could be a good time ter."

The masked traveler and doctor-in-training Siomun would hear of the event through the grapevine. "Siomun likes this idea. Sounds like good fesi'val." They nod in approval of it. "Maybe if 't ge's held again."