THE WOMAN IN BLOOM [PK]

sarahbarah

A long way away, Adrianna Darkwood comes across the letters pronouncing the de Astrea dead. The empathetic woman wipes away one of her tears for the woman she only met once or twice to teach her a lesson of medicine. "Ich hope du are in ein better place." She murmurs.

A deep, horrible dark sat in a moment of unyielding silence. Only broken when some twisted thing began to move;

"Amicia." 

She managed out, conversing with the inky black the cave had given. Mary's arm rose, and the cloth that covered it withdrew too. An array of hideous, heinous scars marring her pale flesh. 

A few soft hushes escaped the lacerated maw of hers, and she ran a set of fingers along the length of her arm. The marking of some terrible, terrible attack.

"I doubt your soul has the will to linger in the world. So I wish you this. I hope your life was not in vain." 

With the conclusion of her words, her head offered a low bow. Remaining there for a moment too long.

A Lady in Silver - A Wisewoman of Yore, regarded the news within that sullen lab - the bubbling of concoctions and the crackle of flame providing some cruel ambience to the terrible tidings so delivered; glass shattered over fire, the woman's empty gaze thence drawn to the shards which now littered the cold, stone floor. Chapped lips parted, a gloved hand tracing the surface of the marbled countertop as she spake henceforth; hushed words slipping the forlorn maw.

"I could have helped her, if only I had known... The head bites the tail- in death, she is reborn." 

Golden eyes flickered in some moonlit gloam, to glimpse that damned serpent eternal;

"It’s the end of the day, but it feels like the warm kiss of dawn, and a new beginning..."

Christopher Asul'onn de Astrea's breath hitches as he takes the letter in his trembling hands. As his eyes scanned over the page, he felt a deep sense of horror overtake him. The letter drops from his pale skin as his green eyes filled with tears. His wife, of whom he had pledged his everlasting love for, had been taken by Godan. He sat alone, creasing the sheets of the cold bed in the chambers he shared with her. He let his head drop, burying it in a pillow. His tears stained the white silken sheets even more greatly at her lingering scent- her flowery perfume that had become commonplace over the decades, knowing that in the span of a few days, it would never grace him again.

Never again would he be able to embrace her- to speak to her after a stressful day. Never again would he be able to share moments of content silence, or over-excitedly share his next mercantile venture. Never again would he be able to look into her deep cerulean eyes. Never again would he feel the sense of youthful vigor he shared with her in the past.

The man was inconsolable. He scarcely left his room over the coming days, seeing nobody but the servants he called to bring him his sparse meals. Even his children were left without him, the few times the wet-eyed twins entered his room making little difference in his silence. Christopher had changed. This was not the heartbreak of his childhood that had left him sorrowful for days, nor even the deep sense of loss that the passing of his adoptive mother had caused.

He had Amicia to comfort him in those times, and now he lay without her. He had no anchor to recuperate by. Christopher was silent, and as tears ran down his features, there was no path to recovery.

"Almost there! Almost there!" As the cold northern winds blow in the Rimeveld, the unnamed dark-hair-boy, now an aging and bloating man, climbed a large and towering mountain. The Baron took a large huff as he finally reached it's peak and looked further towards the northwest where Elysium used to be. "Wow... beautiful... Vy don't get this kind of view in Haense that's for sure!" The Lord was so high up in the sky that he could see above the clouds- truly a sight that few men get to witness.

As he and his travelling companion's make their way down from the peak, he looked up in the dimming sky and noticed a star shoot across the heavens. The man looked in awe, as if the star was trying to tell him something. Finally, after a long day of climbing, the dark-haired-man received odd and solemn glances from his own bannerman... "Odd..." he thought to himself, though he didn't think anything of it at the time.

It was only when he reached his warm tent when he received the letter from his loyal bannerman and steward, Erwin Bishop. He scans through the usual paragraphs of updates from his holdings, the health and well-being of family, and whatever the other noble lords ramble in Duma. "Hm? What's this...?" he asked to himself as there was another section in the letter, one that seemed less professional and more personal. As he scanned through the final paragraph that informed him of his best friend's death, Robert's eyes seemed to water. His usual calm and cool-natured demeaner turned into that of a blood-boiling rage and dark depression. 

"AMICIA!" cried the bold Baron as his tears flowed down his reddening eyes. The Ludovar Bannermen look to his tent in worry, though knew why as all of them were informed earlier that day. "I worry for our Lord" said one of the climbers "Should we have not informed him earlier?" An elder bannerman simply shook his head as he replied "If we'd told him earlier, he would have thrown himself off that peak... He loved her, more than you, or anyone else, could understand"

News had reached Vivienne Asu'lonn about Amicia's death, the young elfess had felt a cold feeling grip her heart. She for the time could not bare to go to her own room, only thinking of Amicia. Tears had begun to pool from the elfess' sapphire hues, her body trembling like a leaf. "Haelun Ami is gone then." She choke out, gripping a hand to her chest, her heart wretched in pain for the lost. While she knew this day would come she still struggled to acknowledge it being reality. She thought back to the day her mother had died, Amicia was there to care for her with her brothers. "I'll see never her again, never see her laugh, never feel her motherly embrace." The girl chattered out through clenched teeth.

She looked to the sky above as tears rolled down her face. A sadden smile then coming to her grief ridden face, her eyes growing red through the tears. "You never changed Haelun Ami, not once." A sadden laugh rocked her body. "Smiling up to the end, just like I knew you would." She dropped to her knees as she hung her head, her tears staining the ground. "You were the best person I ever knew." He choked up as she sobbed. "I wish you didnt go." 

17 hours ago, Javert said:

Somewhere in the afterlife, a certain Hali Kvitravn watched Amicia arrive with a grin on his face. "Heh, now Oi can bully yeh again ey?" The Kvitravn laughed for just a moment, then released a solemn sigh.

Amicia casts her old friend a grin and even spares him a chuckle. "It's good to see you again. We have so much to talk about!"

Somewhere within the realm of Almaris, a faded specter recalls fond memories of a close friend and his once young daughter, long waning memories of a distant time, more evident than ever, now. 

Alona looks down at her medic uniform, holding the bonnet in hand remembering all of the lessons she learned from a kind hearted ami.