A Long Story's End [PK]

AstriaS

A Long Story’s End

BH7SvnEI3S2FjJuGgrJOkPnua_KlZvIhXt1jC4G1cHQeEfU2FGHT8VvGAitlz4Ps-D123DGLKzrK-t84sRAF53JBdvliANFTIaXOGZwq14YeWuIcLE8vxCTOj1HucZW2kkO3z8iS=s1600

Alisa Camian

1730 FA - 47 SA

Alisa Camian was never meant to be a woman destined for renown. Born the only child of a humble farming family, it wasn’t until she entered adulthood that she even stepped foot in a city. And yet, with only her heart and her faith, she became a woman known the world over, the High Keeper and the subject of more than a few controversies. For over three quarters of a century, she led her people. In that time, Alisa experienced much. She traveled the world. She suffered and she prospered. She loved and she hated. She brought up three children, and a subsequent generation of grandchildren. But the end comes for us all, and Alisa could feel it bearing down on her. Though she was lucky enough to maintain most of her mobility and her mind, the years of hardship and duty had finally caught up with her. Now, in her final moments, she reflected on it all.

She remembered when she first arrived in Morsgrad. A dreadful war was being waged in the South, and morale was low. Yet, she stuck it out alongside her dearest friends. Their names filled her mind for a moment, and she remembered their faces. They had been the best companions a woman could have asked for, in her estimation. Alisa could only hope they all knew how much she appreciated them, their company, and their friendship.

The next thoughts to enter Alisa’s mind were of her children, Sylvia, Tavish and Lillianna. In many ways, she thought, her children were the greatest positive in her life. She had raised them well, she thought- as well as she could, anyway. Her eldest, Sylvia, had become a woman of intellectual pursuit and started a family of her own. Her son Tavish, the most passionate of the three, had made friends all across the land, much like she had when she was young. And Lillianna, the quiet daughter, had grown up to be a woman of diligence and compassion. Alisa couldn’t be more proud of them.

Finally, Alisa reflected on her career. Diplomacy, war, political intrigue, assassination attempts. She’d seen it all, really. She had negotiated treaties, crowned Kings, and even taken up arms against the devils of Moz Strimoza at the end of Arcas. In some ways, she thought, her career had changed the world. It was her urging and advice that had led Caedric to reclaim the title of King, after all, and she had fought alongside Rex Murdok’Lak to witness the end of the Inferi War. She even ruled directly as Regent for nearly half a decade, keeping the Kingdom up and running even in the King’s absence. For seventy years she had dutifully held her position as High Keeper, until she finally stepped down due to the inevitable strain of age, at the age of ninety-three. Yet it was not the end of her task, as she made a return to her administrative duties some seven years later to spend her final years in service. Perhaps her contributions were small, but hopefully they would be remembered.

And now, with a life of war and intrigue behind her, Alisa Camian folded her hands and closed her eyes. “It was a good life,” She thought to herself in that final moment, before finally her decades of duty came to an end, silent and peaceful at long last.

Spoiler

I had a Goge Vandire moment and got too busy to die. But I got around to it finally. I won't get too crazy with my sappy ooc bit here, though, so don't worry.

Alisa was my first character on the server and good god was it an experience. Not a whole lot to say on that beyond that, so without further ado, here's the obligatory shoutout to all the folks who made her story neat:

@Gallic for putting up with Alisa on a near-daily basis for a year and a half.

@DAENGIE for being a chad over the course of multiple characters.

@Knightie for being the guy who kept me around as a new player.

@Draiden for keeping me in line.

@Qaz_The_Great for making me tear my hair out.

@nickrocky213 lmao

@AfroJoeTheOlogBro for being the best goblin friendo around.

@DixieDemolisher for being the first person to nearly kill Alisa for her bs.

There are probably a handful of people I've forgotten.

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric raises his hand up in one final salute for the High Keeper, whom had been a key religious figure in the young Ruric's life ever since he was able to comprehend religion. He had been told stories of the Camian, the wars she fought, the ceremonies she performed. He never got to truly know her, hell the only interaction he often had with the High Keeper was him throwing grapes at her when he was a young lad. Ragnvald chuckled at the memory with a sigh as he turned to look at the firepit of his residence. "Iron from Ice, Alisa Camian. You lived a legend, yet died at peace."

6 minutes ago, AstriaS said:

Hide contents

I had a Goge Vandire moment and got too busy to die. But I got around to it finally. I won't get too crazy with my sappy ooc bit here, though, so don't worry.

Alisa was my first character on the server and good god was it an experience. Not a whole lot to say on that beyond that, so without further ado, here's the obligatory shoutout to all the folks who made her story neat:

@Gallic for putting up with Alisa on a near-daily basis for a year and a half.

@DAENGIE for being a chad over the course of multiple characters.

@Knightie for being the guy who kept me around as a new player.

@Draiden for keeping me in line.

@Qaz_The_Great for making me tear my hair out.

@nickrocky213 lmao

@AfroJoeTheOlogBro for being the best goblin friendo around.

@DixieDemolisher for being the first person to nearly kill Alisa for her bs.

There are probably a handful of people I've forgotten.

((Wtf bro?))

Donovan Freysson II opened the door and left the Freysson clan home for the first time in years after his retirement. He took a long smoke from his pipe and walked down beneath the ash wood tree. Memories flooded back of Alisa standing beneath the tree and declaring victory of the war against the Inferi, the proudest moment from his youth. "Well..." His old raspy voice cracked due to its seldom use. "I guess it'll be me next. That's just how it goes."

"Damn." Ellenore Eiriksson mumbles.

Viktor quietly watches the flames of the hearth.

An olden elfess prides on this woman's death, for she yet resents the toll that she had paid this High Keeper. 

Spoiler

i guess im not seeing those 70 mina

"The wisdom of our elders tempers the fire of our youth." Vane sighs "A bright star has blinked out of existence and the light in the night has grown even dimmer." Vane shakes his head, leaning back in his chair and grabbing a bottle from his desk, holding it up to his lips before realizing it was empty. "Although I am sure she will be found worthy by the Father and admitted to his halls, that one will buy us centuries at least with the way she raged against the dark." he says letting the bottle fall to the ground.

Leyna Kazimir sat silently upon hearing the news. She felt a great loss, at a wonderful Norlander, and a fantastic High Keeper. 
What many did not know, was that Leyna owed something great to the High Keeper, for that one day when Alisa Camian spoke to a woman for laying in the middle of the street. 

"May the Allfather guide us all."

Alric frowns, he thinks to the few years he had been alive and how even for the closing years of the High Keeper's life she had done so much. He then ponders the future, a future that was just a bit darker now than before.

Lee Sun rubs his eyes, "A shame, we have lost another good soul in Norland. May you find your place in the All-Father's halls."