ON THEIR MAJESTIES’ EXCOMMUNICATION

valecu

ON THEIR MAJESTIES’ EXCOMMUNICATION

It is with much dejection that I write this letter, our most Holy Church stands once again against the Orenian Throne. An unnecessary conflict between the legatees of Horen. HUMANITY, what kept our Empires together and earned us the dominant role of the races. A human is an imperfect creation, capable of sin and virtue - yet always open to repent their sins and further pursue the mission of Godan. If a priest refuses to assist you in your return into virtuous life, he is no holy man - he’s a shameful judge, but we all know that only one judges and that is Godan. To judge somebody for their actions and not help them is equivalent to not caring about your flock because we are all children of Godan and we must help each other in the sinful times. 

Their Majesties MAY have sinned, but who knows whether they are guilty or not. Only Godan knows and IF they have sinned and continued to lie, then they will receive their judgement upon their passing. But what if they aren’t guilty and our most Holy Pontiff is mistakenly and unintentionally splitting brothers from sisters, especially in dark times where the Dwarves have taken up swords against us.

To demand from the successor of Horen to abdicate, the one successor who you crowned and affirmed his divine rule is outrageous especially in times of war and when their guilt is unproven. So, humbly as a priest of the people, I plead the High Pontiff to reconsider and give another chance to their Majesties - perhaps their penance can be something which shouldn’t be political, but something that can please Godan. I also plead the Imperial Administration to reconsider their actions and to not be proud, but to accept any adequate offer from his Holiness.

Until I receive a letter from both sides, I shall not eat nor drink, but fast for the dire future of HUMANITY!

Signed, Fr. Philip Pruvia

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy gave a nod of his head to the missive. "If only the High Pontiff was that wise to reconsider instead of watching people slaughtering eachother. If only Canonists stood united in this war."

31 minutes ago, sashimichopped said:

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy gave a nod of his head to the missive. "If only the High Pontiff was that wise to reconsider instead of watching people slaughtering eachother. If only Canonists stood united in this war."

"If only oren didn't plot to overthrow the pontiff and murder the heir to the empire." said Walton as he read the missive from the orenian sympathizers within the church.

A message to Father Philip on the occasion of his notice of fasting,

I write to you in the hope of expressing my thoughts on your letter to the Anathemae and His Holiness, regarding the Poentitia Incompleta. I worry that you are suffering under some misunderstandings regarding ecclesiastical penalties and their use in practice. The acts conspired and committed by the Anathemae are what has made this conflict between the legatees of Humanity necessary. His Holiness, acting as the Voice of GOD, was required to respond with ecclesiastical penalty. This penalty is not, as you say, a priest refusing to assist someone in their return to virtuous life. Rather, ecclesiastical penalty is designed to be the tool which will bring the penitent back to the path of righteousness. Ecclesiastical penalty is not a punishment.

Second, it is untrue that only GOD judges. Canon Law is specific on the manner of judge and judgment regarding ecclesiastical penalty and, according to those laws, His Holiness is the proper renderer of judgment for a Canonist Prince when a breach of Canon Law has taken place. A person, even a Canonist Prince, who murders another has committed said breach.

I have had occasion to speak with the Anathema that titles himself Emperor. He stated that he knows that he is a man of virtue and that His Holiness has no right to pronounce such a penance on him. Truly you know that this response is a breach of not just Canon Law, but a prideful statement in direct contradiction to the Scrolls. For Canon Law states, "A Canonist prince must acknowledge the spiritual authority of the Church in its entirety." (Canon Law §VI.III.3.4) And for it says in the Canticle of Humility, "so I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not judge your own virtue, be it great or small, for all fall short of Me." (Virtue 7:8)

I ask you to think on these things.

Ileana Sava Ursović, Presbyter

As Vespira read the missive she shook her head in disbelief. "The Pontiff is not my emperor, not my sovereign, and not, my GOD. The times of the old ways are out, I say in with the new and down with any who stand against that." she replied before roughly ripping her pearl cross necklace off, letting the beautiful beads drop the floors before lazily chucking the jeweled cross onto her table, going back to tending to her business.

Edited by PrincessSnowie

"Ah yes the Pontiff condemned the one he crowned... after that same man condemned his own coronation, calling the man who crowned him an Anti-Pontiff. As the Rhenyari say, 'Karma's a *****, huh?'" says Jurgen.