An Immortal Lord's Grudge

AfroJoeTheOlogBro

An Immortal Lord's Grudge

Wayfather.png

Spoiler

Credit to TGRT for the baller portrait, cause we stan giving artist credit in this household mother fuckers

A veritable army of ticking, screeching, golden colored mechanical crackadonks roughly the size of a hawk can be seen in the skies across the verdant lands of Nevaehlen. As they fly by, a missive of sorts is dropped, copies upon copies of black parchment lettered with golden leaf land upon the ground, offering any passerby or denizen of The Vale easy access to such a dramatic and petty display.

Let it be firstly said that my intention is to bring no harm or retribution upon The Vale as a whole. My ire is targeted with precision, and I have thus ensured that no wrath of mine shall be fall those that have not earned it. Upon this page you, the reader, shall find my grudge written against two of those whom live amongst The Vale. You shall find the reason I levy it, what it is I want, and that shall be all there is to see.

The Assailant: 

Gilliaen of The Vale

The Wrong

On two occasions did the red inked fool come into my land, enter my tavern, and make hellacious, rude, and nigh racist comments to my kind, that being automatons. Amongst his carousing and trouble making, he made demands and thoroughly disrupted the peace within my tavern, thus being the source of many damages inflicted upon said tavern during his second visit of demand making when I went about attempting to remove him by force after the multiple demands levied unto him to leave the premises and cease his disruption. Overall, he has been a cantankerous thorn in my gears, and I will not stand for such to go unreprimanded.

Terms of Settlement:

Firstly, I demand the left hand of the Assailant, to be casted in gold and hung upon the walls of the Aurokanar Clan Hall, as is tradition for all grudges settled within the Book of Debts. 

Secondly, I demand the staff of which I broke with my blade, to be added to my ever growing collection of curio and rarity. Such will stand as further trophy to my triumph over the Assailant, and forever mark the event for my remembering.

Thirdly, I demand a sum of five thousand mina, to be paid in increments of at least one hundred mina every Stone's Week, until such a sum is paid in full. Said sum can be circumvented in part or entirely, should the trade of personal items of importance, sentiment, or rarity be offered by the Assailant to be added to my ever growing collection.  

The Assailant:

The Man that Stabbed me in the Back and Knee with a Frigid Spear.

The Wrong

As the title suggests, for I know not the Assailant's name, the Assailant stepped in to intervene on my path of justice during my attempt to remove the first Assailant from my land when said Assailant had continuously denied my authority and persisted in their defiance. This Assailant proceeded to attack me while the other fled my fury, thus wounding me, costing me precious time in which I had to be repaired. Time that I could have spent manning my tavern, and making money. The Assailant also assisted the first in escaping my land, thus avoiding further justice being enacted.

Terms of Settlement

For the crime of obstructing my right to enact justice as I wish upon my land, and thus becoming entangled in an event that held no business to him, I demand the spear that was used to harm my form. It is rare that I am ever dealt a blow that causes me pain, and as such, I will have the weapon that wounded me, to be added to my ever growing collection as a memory of the happening. 

Failure to meet the terms laid here will result in grander form of settlement as I see fit.

NARVOK OZ AUROKANAR

Stamped at the bottom of the missive alongside the crimson signature of the writer sits a mark. A pair of mechanical hands, reaching for a burning spark of light.

Cyangold.png

84ad3d7bdec3cef5568581cb2876e5ea.png

"A grudge over self-defense? Silly. Ne one is to harm or fool my kin especially as we recover after the attacks on our home." The Chieftess of Caerme'onn states, showing the missive to the pair of Wild Chiefs. 

A Wild Chief squinted at the contents of the missive shown to him, "Dishonorable idiot." He muttered to the other pair, "Let'em try. I've ne' intentions of lettin' some personal grudge endanger my kin."

"I thought Dwarves were supposed to have thicker skin than this? Getting injured in a rowdy dwarven tavern just seems like an average day over there." A grizzled elf muses, idly scratching at his beard before going about his day. 

A simple redhead walked through the ruined Vale, reading the missive with a distasteful look.
"
Huh, all this over a scratch ... And here I thought, automatons had hardened skin."  

Glothir reads the missive over once or twice, tilting his head this way and that as he gauged the responses of those of the Vale around him.

Confused, he knew the name of his Nephew, the metal boy Rylanor, and the names of those who spoke against him. His first experience with this conflict within. He held the paper for some time as he watched the others flutter to the ground. 

He had no reason not to believe the words of his nephew, who had never lied to him before, and was unsure how to gauge his own feelings towards the responses of those who lived in the village he'd sword to protect.. In the midst of the mess of papers, he slowly walked away down the roads.

"If I had a mina for every time someone in the community got grudged, I'd have four." Evar'lae would be heard muttering to himself after he's read the missive. He crumples it up, tossing it to the camps' firepit before he walks on off to the forest and tend to his aging direwolf companion.

Edited by Commander_Jester

6 minutes ago, Commander_Jester said:

"If I had a mina for every time someone in the community got grudged, I'd have four." Evar'lae would be heard muttering to himself after he's read the missive. He crumples it up, tossing it to the camps' firepit before he walks on off to the forest and tend to his aging direwolf companion.

Upon hearing this, being around the fire himself, the grizzled elf from earlier murmurs to himself "Which isn't a lot of minas, but it's weird it's happened four times."

A lady of crimson and azure strode beneath the star filled blanket of the midnight sky. Laughter and revelry echoed in the distance as ‘Ame celebrated and entertained one another in their camp. 

Paper clutched between ink stained fingers crackled loudly. A breath let loose, face turning heavenwards. “Not yet, Grandmother…They’ve kept me here a while longer it seems…I pray this one is not captivated by my chest.” A wry chuckle as an oft forgotten memory resurfaced. Though heavy her burdens, the woman’s spirit lifted in recollection of her dwarven friends.

Alec wonders if the vale will send their immortal child soldiers to attack the Waystone tavern. He had heard tales across Almaris of pre-teens to young adults having this strange tendency to come back from the dead, even after being sent on nigh-suicidal charges by their chieftains. He personally assumed it to be some sort of druidic blood magic, but he was not a man for thinking. There was a wheat crop to harvest.

And then he went back to farming. So it goes.

Edited by TryaxReck

ChildTea gazes upwards at the birds, picking up and reading the missive.

I was going to hide here... Is no where safe these days?

“Who en da FOCK HURT MA SON”

Strange shouting cascades down from the Goldhand manor, as well as several balls of fire. Many of the birds that roosted near the gilded home take off in fight. 

“I’ve always appreciated the bluntness of dwed.” Noted a pale elfess from afar, recalling upon many pleasant meetings with them when she sat upon haelunor’s council. “Not afraid to throw their weight about. May this grudge be settled and this son of Urguan have his wishes fulfilled.”

A 'ker sips wine outside the Wayside tavern, her third glass today. She wonders when the obviously-desperately-fight-baiting 'ame will return to screech utter nonsense at anyone within the tavern's vicinity again, and lets loose a dramatic sigh. Perhaps the miserable golden barmaid with the personality of a pickled walnut would finally open up soon.

[!] A fine 'ker sips her drink calmly, humming to herself when spotting the missive "Spirits. Waystone just keeps getting better!"

[!] A not-so-fine Valah spits out her drink in panic "Okay. Okay, he's lost it." She counts how many arrows are left in her quiver.