[✓] [Lore Amendment/Addition] Malchediael's Radiant Templars: PATCH PHASE 1

Islamadon

17 hours ago, King_Kunuk said:

well azdrazi when they die turn to ash

and heraldry/azdrazi are not 'dark magic' or entirely dark entities. They are draconic which are very different things. It just so happens that Azdromoth, the guy who made the azdrazi, is evil. (Ima leave out corrupted azdrazi since those things are evil)

it is like saying uhh.... bit of a bad example, but because Kha are made by a daemon and have their roots inbended in questionable origins, they are not inherently 'evil' as their soul isn;t tainted

Oh ye I know. I'm just confused because I never mentioned Azdrazi anywhere in me' comment

When is it reasonable for a templar to use fervent flame? I wouldn't want a templar to go "I think a ghost is nearby" and then go WHOOSH, FERVENT FLAME. ST doesn't allow people to randomly throw aurum dust or swing aurum weapons when a ghost player is nearby, so what keeps this ability from being abused in the same manner? If people will go **closes eyes, then I would say each person should roll above a certain threshold in order not to be blinded. Adding another mechanic to the ability might get sticky with the other lore pieces.

Also how does Trophy work with ghosts if we are made of ectoplasm? Once we die, our ectoplasm just absorbs into the ground and so on unless collected in a cup or such for alchemical purposes. How would trophy keep the gooey head from just falling apart? Also, one would need to have a head that's indiscernible. Last time I heard, we couldn't take someone's mc head without their OOC consent, and that severing someone's head is supposed to be an unrecognizable head so that the player isn't harassed. The only problem I see with this, is if the player doesn't PK, then you would need a head item that's not able to be recognized as the victim.

3 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

When is it reasonable for a templar to use fervent flame? I wouldn't want a templar to go "I think a ghost is nearby" and then go WHOOSH, FERVENT FLAME. ST doesn't allow people to randomly throw aurum dust or swing aurum weapons when a ghost player is nearby, so what keeps this ability from being abused in the same manner? If people will go **closes eyes, then I would say each person should roll above a certain threshold in order not to be blinded. Adding another mechanic to the ability might get sticky with the other lore pieces.

Also how does Trophy work with ghosts if we are made of ectoplasm? Once we die, our ectoplasm just absorbs into the ground and so on unless collected in a cup or such for alchemical purposes. How would trophy keep the gooey head from just falling apart? Also, one would need to have a head that's indiscernible. Last time I heard, we couldn't take someone's mc head without their OOC consent, and that severing someone's head is supposed to be an unrecognizable head so that the player isn't harassed. The only problem I see with this, is if the player doesn't PK, then you would need a head item that's not able to be recognized as the victim.

cuz...

1j1FIEF.png

B
U
S
T
I
N

1j1FIEF.png

MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

1j1FIEF.png

BFJL4JF.png

4 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I've encountered numerous times Ghosts performing weird dialogue, telekinesis, etc. At Helton Helvet's funeral his ghost daughter straight up started wailing and chanting while being invisible. In one particular case we witnessed a confirmed vampire chatting with an invisible entity in the square of Yong Ping. These are reasonable tells, in my opinion, that warrant a ghost check. I'm also not a fan of RNG with regards to rolls - if people want to close their eyes, then they're leaving themselves exposed.

Trophy would not apply to ghosts or ectoplasm as stated in proposed redlines. It also does not apply to people who are in disguises. The way I see it, if you are in bestial form and get decapitated and then don't lay low with a disguise or change your disguise, you warrant all the consequence of possessing low wit. Revive mechanics on the CA's behalf would have to be addressed, but the concept of OOC consent in this regard facilitates poor sportsmanship. Dark CAs normally go out and feed upon players who are normally unwilling; I think they can afford to lose a minecraft head if they get caught and annihilated. That said, a nondescript "Silit" head could be a fair compromise if it's that detrimental.

5 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

until ghosts are required to emote tells while watching your roleplay and relaying it to their buddies (actually had to get the story admin to put a stop to this) you should be allowed to throw around gold dust every time a ghost player is nearby

19 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

until ghosts are required to emote tells while watching your roleplay and relaying it to their buddies (actually had to get the story admin to put a stop to this) you should be allowed to throw around gold dust every time a ghost player is nearby

I'm confused by your statement, "relaying it to their buddies", do you mean like they are meta-gaming it through /msg? I don't know what issue you've had with some players and their ghosts, but that's between you and the story team. People who aren't correctly following the lore are their own issue that needs to be dealt with by staff.

20 hours ago, Islamadon said:

I've encountered numerous times Ghosts performing weird dialogue, telekinesis, etc. At Helton Helvet's funeral his ghost daughter straight up started wailing and chanting while being invisible. In one particular case we witnessed a confirmed vampire chatting with an invisible entity in the square of Yong Ping. These are reasonable tells, in my opinion, that warrant a ghost check. I'm also not a fan of RNG with regards to rolls - if people want to close their eyes, then they're leaving themselves exposed.

Trophy would not apply to ghosts or ectoplasm as stated in proposed redlines. It also does not apply to people who are in disguises. The way I see it, if you are in bestial form and get decapitated and then don't lay low with a disguise or change your disguise, you warrant all the consequence of possessing low wit. Revive mechanics on the CA's behalf would have to be addressed, but the concept of OOC consent in this regard facilitates poor sportsmanship. Dark CAs normally go out and feed upon players who are normally unwilling; I think they can afford to lose a minecraft head if they get caught and annihilated. That said, a nondescript "Silit" head could be a fair compromise if it's that detrimental.

Yes, there are reasonable tells for a ghost check, I agree. I just hope to avoid a paladin emoting a cold feeling and then deciding to follow the cold feeling with dust, which ST have repeatedly not allowed. As for the Helvet's funeral, was she wailing/chanting loudly? I was told that when a ghost is invisible, our dialogue is supposed to be nothing but distorted whispers/undertones, watery and sparse. If she was emoting in shout then that contradicts what the ST assigned to ghosts have told me. 

As for OOC consent, the way I see it, it's mostly consent to.. say having the head be unmistakably contributed to their character via description/skin. If they don't consent then it would be a basic head that doesn't blatantly contribute to being their character.

1 hour ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I'm confused by your statement, "relaying it to their buddies", do you mean like they are meta-gaming it through /msg? I don't know what issue you've had with some players and their ghosts, but that's between you and the story team. People who aren't correctly following the lore are their own issue that needs to be dealt with by staff.

Yes, there are reasonable tells for a ghost check, I agree. I just hope to avoid a paladin emoting a cold feeling and then deciding to follow the cold feeling with dust, which ST have repeatedly not allowed. As for the Helvet's funeral, was she wailing/chanting loudly? I was told that when a ghost is invisible, our dialogue is supposed to be nothing but distorted whispers/undertones, watery and sparse. If she was emoting in shout then that contradicts what the ST assigned to ghosts have told me. 

As for OOC consent, the way I see it, it's mostly consent to.. say having the head be unmistakably contributed to their character via description/skin. If they don't consent then it would be a basic head that doesn't blatantly contribute to being their character.

jQtCgCH.png

do u feel in charge?

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.