20 Days

The Media Wizard

14 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Don't stress, if I was still admin the entire community around that coup would've been banned aswell.

@Venomous_PupYyou'd probably be surprised to hear that I was one of the admins that pushed that with Heero with a few other members that got banned at the exact time that happened with KP. The thread was basically timed at the same time of us dealing with it, mainly because two other people got TOS'd from horrific behavior from decades ago. Don't think KP got banned because of that thread, that thread instead got people nearly sued and didn't at all help the situation. It was (used) as a preface to coup a nation oocly, it wasn't a thread that was done to save the community, it was done to dislodge a creep from a community when they grew tired of them.

If you've got more vicious evidence of the claims happening with this player, compile it in depth and continue to send it to the admins. A reversing of a decision can be done when more things are brought to light and has happened countless times.

Bro I didn’t write that thread with pundi bc I was tired of KP lmao 

3 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Don't stress, if I was still admin the entire community around that coup would've been banned aswell.

We call this a shit take, road to 500 would be hard if you banned the entire community, our Discord alone around the time had about 115 members and then it comes down to if I should have my character change their IRP direction/actions/whatever because Kiwi OOCly said something in her post regarding the coup, yes I think it was dumb for her to have posted but you also gave Oren shit in the past for not doing anything about having leaders who are shitty people in positions of power, those who abuse it OOCly. You can't fight OOC with IRP unfortunately, this entire server needs something of a check up to remove a lot of the OOC factors that regard around RP because frankly most people OOC plot and scheme because it is quite literally seems to be the only way to get anything done IRP. Banning the community would have been akin to treating the symptoms and not the illness itself. 

@Venomous_PupYyou'd probably be surprised to hear that I was one of the admins that pushed that with Heero with a few other members that got banned at the exact time that happened with KP. The thread was basically timed at the same time of us dealing with it, mainly because two other people got TOS'd from horrific behavior from decades ago. Don't think KP got banned because of that thread, that thread instead got people nearly sued and didn't at all help the situation. It was (used) as a preface to coup a nation oocly, it wasn't a thread that was done to save the community, it was done to dislodge a creep from a community when they grew tired of them.

Guess surprised, idk. Still pretty sure there are plenty of other cases I could refer back to over the past three years since I've been here. I can't really be bothered to dig them up. Can't really comment on the rest of it because I didn't touch Oren because I heard the rumors and decided not to go near it.

If you've got more vicious evidence of the claims happening with this player, compile it in depth and continue to send it to the admins. A reversing of a decision can be done when more things are brought to light and has happened countless times.

What makes this a pain in the ass regarding this case is that this is something that everyone assumed was a done deal 2 years ago, players likely deleted most of their screenshots assuming a permanent ban was gonna be ya know, permanent. Having to re get the evidence is gonna be a pain in the ass, and especially since in this Discord era I can lock people out of channels/archive them so people can't get access to the comments or what not, otherwise just straight up delete remarks and nothing can be done. Not to mention people might need to get new Discord and might have their old ones deleted, etc. Also lotta stuff can be said over VC and there unfortunately isn't a way to record something said if you weren't already recording. 

The only thing that makes this case wack is only one report was looked over, now Hogo, Squak, and Itdontmatta can't be blamed for not being aware there was another three reports because they likely had no way of knowing, but idk how Telanir and Llir didn't realize three entire reports were missing, they should have remembered about those reports or it should at the very least be recorded as they were admins at the time.

These low down, dirty red tags are pushin off the average player. These low down, code monkey rule enforcin non-player listenin staff need to learn a thing or two. 

Spoiler

Keyboard warriors are out tonight, beware

This is going to sound dismissive, but I really would recommend that if you have a problem you vote with your feet and move on rather than complaining endlessly into the void. This goes for you and for every serial complainer on this server, myself included.

There has been demonstrable unwillingness to change for, or to give respect to, the player base from any of the members of the core leadership body for years now. It's only gotten worse over the course of recent months. Manic execution of power, outright hostility, and resentment towards players looking for safety or solutions is the norm here. It's astonishing what a long-lasting culture of toxicity has cultivated among the staff meant to be protecting you from this behavior. The delinquents of yesterday are the leaders of today, so it's no surprise that a delinquent attitude prevails, and you really shouldn't subject yourself to it as a consumer.

I'm not going to advertise anywhere else, but I've personally stayed away from LotC staff (and found other avenues of roleplay elsewhere) and I've been much, much happier.

You really don't realize how bad it is here until you've touched some other grass and seen what it's like in other places. I promise this isn't the best place on the internet to roleplay, or even to hang out, as someone especially invested -- even if it can be a nice place to blow off steam from time to time if you're not too attached. That is to say, it can be fun but it's worth stepping back from time to time. The PvP is funny too.

Staff don't care about you or your petitions. I'm guessing that this didn't get the traction you wanted - it's far better to communicate to other communities the issues with this particular  player in question using other methods, such as PM's and discord chats. Not everyone knows who this guy is, though everyone should

Edited by satinkira

On 4/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, ScreamingDingo said:

you're a ******* idiot if you're trying to do a mini petition for shit like this when those screaming wolf also have done shit to the same level. players baffle me sometimes at their pick and choose nature

What's it like being consistently contrarian simply for the sake of being contrarian? It gets boring. Why don't you pony the **** up and say what "shit" those "screaming wolf" have done? Or was that just a fancy way of trying to get people to think you actually have something worthwhile to say?

12 hours ago, CorweenieTheJedi said:

What's it like being consistently contrarian simply for the sake of being contrarian? It gets boring. Why don't you pony the **** up and say what "shit" those "screaming wolf" have done? Or was that just a fancy way of trying to get people to think you actually have something worthwhile to say?

the stuff i talk about is well known but will get me gestapo shot for mentioning it

neigh neigh weenie, neigh neigh

I feel like after two years a man can change plenty. Besides, if they haven't done anything wrong since their return, and you are so adamant on him being a horrible human being, then wait for him to screw up again and kick him out. Even IRL companies don't immediately fire employees who mess up when it comes to harassment, they just log it in their personnel file for eternity and tell them to never speak with the victim unless it's related to work. They rarely fire people unless it goes up to HR, which is dependent on the stance of the victim to how severe the case was. In other words, on a server as big as this, I doubt you'll even need to rp with the guy if he's that disgusting to you, and can avoid them. Or you can continue to bring it up to higher authority to keep him banned, but if the admin team unanimously accepted them back into the fold, I highly doubt whatever they did was beyond forgiveness. Otherwise... Well, we wouldn't be having this issue.
Again, if you want justice, just wait for them to inevitably screw up again. Unless they truly have changed, which is a likely possibility considering the admin team's response. And if it is the latter, then why stomp on a man who isn't the same as before? Rehabilitation is punishment enough.

6 hours ago, Tankplaysmc said:

I feel like after two years a man can change plenty. Besides, if they haven't done anything wrong since their return, and you are so adamant on him being a horrible human being, then wait for him to screw up again and kick him out. Even IRL companies don't immediately fire employees who mess up when it comes to harassment, they just log it in their personnel file for eternity and tell them to never speak with the victim unless it's related to work. They rarely fire people unless it goes up to HR, which is dependent on the stance of the victim to how severe the case was. In other words, on a server as big as this, I doubt you'll even need to rp with the guy if he's that disgusting to you, and can avoid them. Or you can continue to bring it up to higher authority to keep him banned, but if the admin team unanimously accepted them back into the fold, I highly doubt whatever they did was beyond forgiveness. Otherwise... Well, we wouldn't be having this issue.
Again, if you want justice, just wait for them to inevitably screw up again. Unless they truly have changed, which is a likely possibility considering the admin team's response. And if it is the latter, then why stomp on a man who isn't the same as before? Rehabilitation is punishment enough.

The issue is not if the player has changed their ways. They were welcomed back to a community where their former victims still are active: a community the victims thought was safe to remain in after his ban. That is unfair to those who were affected. This Admin Team decision is akin to firing someone at a job for harassment only to hire them back two years later despite their victim still working there. It creates an unsafe and unfriendly environment. Period.