Talking about toxicity non-stop is toxic

argonian

dd96b9bb5f4f0e51dd879904f5a25a1a.png

It was a little much last war, but this time it's just getting ridiculous. There is 10x more talk about toxicity than actual toxicity. It's nuts, and it's actually itself toxic because it's used to blame and shame people over unspecified, nebulous acts of toxicity. Yeah buddy, I'm sure you're being spammed with literal death threats by the other side and I'm sure some Reiver sheggit totally put a horse's head in your bed. **** off. 

It's easy to claim without evidence that your enemies are being OOC bullies to try and turn people away from them, or to get the staff to intervene and fight your battles for you. And you know what, I was wrong. It's not just another form of toxicity; it's worse. If someone calls you a ******* idiot who should be put against a wall and shot, your feelings are hurt. That's it. If someone goes around accusing you and your mates of doing that, your feelings are hurt, your reputation is damaged, and your RP is now disrupted by morons trying to cancel it over how it's supposedly ruining the atmosphere "with all this toxicity". 

It's stupid. If someone's harassing you, file a ******* ban report. Don't ping everyone on Discord ruining the mood for everyone by giving them some school-assembly tier lecture about playing nice, mixed in with insinuations that those dirty bastards on the other side aren't.

Toxic

Some people just want to be internal victims. Until even the most minor thing becomes bullying, toxic other buzzword.

For them harassment campaigns are justified because you disagreed with them and therefore are toxic, a bully other buzzword.

They put themselves so much into that role, that unfavorable rp interactions can result in a mental breakdown, crying.

Beatings.thumb.jpg.b5a3be617b18686cf225a494ba4e4dab.jpg

Okay so you're saying its toxic to talk about toxicity so you're toxic too.

Wait. Me too.

argonian told me my roleplaying was mediocre and proceeded to burn down an orphanage right in front of me cause they wouldn’t give him mina. 

(Jokes aside - be a buddy not a bully, nothing more needs 2 be said)

2 minutes ago, Summerisdumb said:

argonian told me my roleplaying was mediocre and proceeded to burn down an orphanage right in front of me cause they wouldn’t give him mina. 

(Jokes aside - be a buddy not a bully, nothing more needs 2 be said)

u can tell this isnt true because i dont roleplay

I agree with this take- if there was actually toxicity than it just needs to be reported. In my experiance so far in the current 'Brother's war' both sides have been fine, we shit talk eachother icly and are fine oocly. No need to make posts about things not even happening.

19 minutes ago, Jaxothy said:

I agree with this take- if there was actually toxicity than it just needs to be reported. In my experiance so far in the current 'Brother's war' both sides have been fine, we shit talk eachother icly and are fine oocly. No need to make posts about things not even happening.

Nonsense, I hate you oocly.

Jokes aside. I'll be real here: I haven't seen any major issues.

I think it's worth moderating "toxicity" (this word doesn't mean anything) but it would require moderators to confront their massive blind spots for their own friends/communities. The average Lord of the Craft janny participates in harassment, and is no better suited to moderate harassment than piss cleans a urinal

If you want to make wars less toxic, give players something to do with their time. This server is almost exclusively made up of socially maladapted teenagers who gossip about each other when no other distractions are available. Give people more skirms, events, and a compelling narrative that they feel personally invested in so they do not turn to sex, drugs, terrible memes etc to fill the void

I actually agree with James2k

18 hours ago, sami03 said:

Toxic

Some people just want to be internal victims. Until even the most minor thing becomes bullying, toxic other buzzword.

For them harassment campaigns are justified because you disagreed with them and therefore are toxic, a bully other buzzword.

They put themselves so much into that role, that unfavorable rp interactions can result in a mental breakdown, crying.

Beatings.thumb.jpg.b5a3be617b18686cf225a494ba4e4dab.jpg

Agreed. Those who ride the victim train a little too hard, might I recommend this book?

71-YdpPCtRL.jpg

On 4/18/2022 at 5:49 AM, Gaius Marius said:

Agreed. Those who ride the victim train a little too hard, might I recommend this book?

people have always been unwilling to be challenged on core tenets of their worldview, the internet just forces you to interact with them, maybe without the filter of common courtesy expected of a walgreens cashier

also in any case this book was written about college campuses. hard to see where or what part of it applies to kids calling other kids pedophiles on a minecraft server