An Investigation into Lhoris Anarion

Burnsider

A REQUEST FOR INVESTIGATION

Addressed to the Curia of the Holy Mother Church

On the Confession and Crimes of

Lhoris Anarion & An Investigation

into House Barclay

5th of Horen’s Calling, 1886 | 5th of Wzuvar & Byvca, 439 E.S.

fuo-gW04CyUr0l3yHnV833aWM5by9FlDWniIMasYM6Zw0dDiJxrY6R_VPH8MohDnAoh8oWWpM7t0uS74ue-EkiJhKT_rmcDGS-98CJRZ_JtYfNCqN-S7CehGhzYOCfYns3gR5g7cOo-fzHvAn-4

BIx1ELRKQId5760JgEB7DB-CtfTXSnNj2EwK7Ybp8rW1LHJagk_w6_xfP_qExYUql8gf4jBzYdfrb9ISLu9chW_SbuAE6rAs56DE67p5Hef03c1N_VuwNCZeXiBy71R7TYg-JSdMnj2iTUr0dscDxV0

A message from PRIOR DAVID INVITUS

qkqU4OIXm7rJwy-EXdPnfFimzQhXlldRJeQmloip03OrpXU-oyw0KLLYHs8ISoilwNvdR3aydG_qnu79CkJjj983VK0DSH_FxNPdcHLxbYokQKAoMgYYxm0lbZwz1HfU3YMs4-qIkVnokAcpytE

It is with humble apologies that I put forth this letter to the Curia in such a public fashion. However, since I have last met with the Auditor of the Tribunal on this matter, I have seen little progress in the proceedings against the elf currently styling herself as Lhoris Anarion. Furthermore, I have gleaned more information since that time that may implicate the House of Barclay in these proceedings. Given that our beloved High Pontiff, Tylos III, is a member of that House, I felt it best to proceed publicly with my findings.

Before I begin, I should point out that I was, in fact, entwined with the people involved in this investigation. Before stripping myself of name and titles when I took up my oath as a Knight of the Martyr, I was Gunter Barclay, a member of the Antonite branch of said House, and great-great-great-grandson of Lhoris Anarion by adoption. Indeed, I spent a good portion of my earlier life being mentored by my ‘grandmother,’ as she insisted I call her. In that time, and beyond, I have learned the following.

Lhoris Anarion is a heretic of the Church of the Canon, if she ever was a true believer in the first place. She has worked tirelessly for over a century to influence the highest levels of our Holy Mother Church, guiding its leadership into false beliefs and teachings. In the last years of our time upon the continent of Arcas, Lhoris posed as a member of the family Dubois, adopting two children that she hoped to use in her plans and machinations. Her plans did not go entirely well, for when the two daughters were brought into her schemes, one killed herself rather than be part of it. The other daughter, Nenica Dubois, was married into the Barclay family.

Around this same time and into the journey to and in Almaris, Lhoris Anarion also posed as a human named Beatrice Virosi, the niece of Godric Virosi, known more appropriately as High Pontiff St. James II. Though she posed as his niece and caretaker and he was the Vicar of GOD, Lhoris Anarion and St. James II had an intense love affair. It was during the time of this affair that Lhoris Anarion brought St. James II before Azdromoth, where they spoke at length. As was her plan, from that day onward, he believed that otherworldly beings not sent by GOD spoke to him and he believed that GOD Himself was dead.

No man lives forever, and Lhoris Anarion had laid plans for her continued infiltration of the church in St. James II’s trusted Cardinal, Manfried Tobar, then known as Cardinal Manfried St. Julia. St. James II passed away with Lhoris Anarion by his side and she made plans for the Conclave to elect her chosen successor. However, something happened then that she did not expect. Laurence Cardinal Albarosa, born Laurence Pruvia, was elected by majority vote of the conclave instead. Thus, the laurel passed to the head of High Pontiff Owyn III.

Lhoris Anarion was enraged that her plans had gone awry. Using dark magic herself, or contacting someone to do so, a creature known as the Pied Piper waylaid Cyril Cardinal St. Publius on his journey home from the pontifical election. The Pied Piper appeared to him as Blessed Seraphim of Leora, saying that GOD denounced Owyn III and that the conclave acted at the behest of the deceiver, Iblees. Thus, Cardinal St. Publius and Lhoris Anarion, posing still as Beatrice Virosi, began a schism against the church. This schism culminated, at Lhoris Anarion’s behest, with the Red Diet of Karosgrad, where priests and holy knights were butchered and imprisoned by the combined might of the Knights of the Crow and the Imperial State Army unti Owyn III resigned. Upon hearing this news, Owyn III committed suicide.

Thus, Conclave was called once more and Lhoris Anarion had an unassailable majority of allies (including Manfried Cardinal St. Julia and her son-in-law, Alfred Cardinal Jorenus) in the College of Cardinals. This time, she got her wish and Manfried Cardinal St. Julia was elected by majority vote of the conclave. Thus, the laurel passed to the head of High Pontiff Jude II. Since that election, Lhoris Anarion’s tie to the Barclay family has served them well in the church. Her son-in-law, Alfred Cardinal Jorenus, became Tylos I. Fiodor Jazloviecki, once a bannerman of the Savoyard Barclays, became Tylos II. Klaus Barclay became Tylos III.

For the past 133 years, there has been an almost unbroken line of church leadership tainted by Lhoris Anarion, a consorter with Azdromoth and a believer in the non-existence and death of GOD. The world needs to know, and something must be done. I pray to our almighty Father that this will not fall on deaf ears.

Cardinal Viktor is very confused "What in the name of GOD and Saint Tylos have I just read... Gunter, I think you've gone off the deep end. Why didn't you tell someone she asked you to call her that so she could be BURNED, and why are you suggesting the Barclayism in the Church is anything more than Barclayism at work, why oh why do you have to come to strange, nonsense conclusions about some Elf?!"

Spoiler

Shit! They know! Papi pollo has shadow led the CHURCH and HOUSE BARCLAY for years...

Mal looked at the letter, taking a deep breath, "No, this can't be real..." He ripped the letter up and wipe a single tear from his cheek. 

"The same Tylos I that you smear was arrested for defending Owyn III at the Red Diet, and his own son was slain at the same time. Moreover, there were already three Barclay cardinals and several Barclay bishops (including Tylos I, then Patriarch Alfred as you noted), so the idea that our house gained its standing in the Church through conspiring with Jude II is absurd and patently false.

Your only 'evidence' for the malicious and vile claim of conspiracy on House Barclay's part is our continued success in the Church. Ironic, coming from a Barclay that leads the Holy Order. Are we to believe you got your position through conspiracy too, by that same logic? And why would we trust a man accusing himself of conspiracy?" Stanimar indignantly writes, on sheets of paper he attaches to every copy of the missive he finds.

“Something…something…Ea think this means Lapie elf is in trouble.” Anastasia says wisely, going to skip off to find her mother to ask her why she’s in a missive.

2 minutes ago, argonian said:

"The same Tylos I that you smear was arrested for defending Owyn III at the Red Diet, and his own son was slain at the same time. Moreover, there were already three Barclay cardinals and several Barclay bishops (including Tylos I, then Patriarch Alfred as you noted), so the idea that our house gained its standing in the Church through conspiring with Jude II is absurd and patently false.

Your only 'evidence' for the malicious and vile claim of conspiracy on House Barclay's part is our continued success in the Church. Ironic, coming from a Barclay that leads the Holy Order. Are we to believe you got your position through conspiracy too, by that same logic? And why would we trust a man accusing himself of conspiracy?" Stanimar indignantly writes, on sheets of paper he attaches to every copy of the missive he finds.

"Amen, Stanimar! We evilly conspired with OWYN III, not that 'Jude' chap, or this Elf.. whoever they are!" Cardinal Viktor wholeheartedly and enthusiastically agrees whilst counting all the minas he's gained from embezzling and selling GOD's forgiveness to the poor and ignorant

"I am so glad she's not my mother." Castiel laughs, going to read the missive once more.

"I can't believe the church is shadow led by the Barclays and Lhoris Anarion, who I, personally hate." Remarked a former Rivian screamer.

Rina Took the letter and read it before promptly burning it. "The church is seriously a bunch of idiots, which is why I hate em."

Mika Anarion perked up a brow at the missive "Makes you wonder"

A particular Oyashiman Lector looked out from one of the many walls of Feldersrock into the horizon of the Arentanian Alps and thought, 'wow it is great to not participate in the Church hierarchy,' 

Alas, his eyes would periodically fall upon one particular name in the open letter he read. Lhoris.

"Loren - worse neighbah in Yong Ping and Du Loc evah. About time they hang dat elf."

"No elven missus in me church!" Barked Basil "Big Bazza" Hawthorn, native Esbecer, proud Risorgimentist, adunian hater, and Creatorist Puritan. "Dem Malinor lasses too busty to be trusted. That's why I married me own plain lookin' missus, as the good lord Godfrey intended, simple as."

Lhoris went to smoke a ciggie, drinking at a glass of wine on her mini-dwarven steamboat. "They didn't even get the right human right." She said in the privacy of her homeland waters. "The love affair was with Henry Penton, the bastard." The elfess shook her head miserably.

49 minutes ago, DahStalker said:

Lhoris went to smoke a ciggie, drinking at a glass of wine on her mini-dwarven steamboat. "They didn't even get the right human right." She said in the privacy of her homeland waters. "The love affair was with Henry Penton, the bastard." The elfess shook her head miserably.

Local pearl-diver James Pubdirt had been having a rather good day - donning his usual turtle-shell mask, he had collected no less than fifteen pearls of varying quality, only two so sand-brined yet that they were unable to be sold to the wealthy Balianite merchants.

The churning of the waters above him, though, drew the man back to the surface - and there he saw the side of an oblong boat of apparently dwarven make, the type rarefied in such a place. What he heard next brought a stifled gasp to his visage - and quickly, he went to the Church with the news, forcing a monastic to write down his account of Lhoris' conversation with herself to apparently thin-air (as he, of course, was barely literate).