10 tips to make better communities on lotc

Ark

Very hot take but sometimes I think this community needs some space to be really just honest in our language and sometimes I think we don't really do that. I've been told off many a time for using bad language, but I've never really thought of it that way. When someone bandits a flavour event to build activity for a community, what are they really adding to LOTC, and our shared story and creative process?

I don't think they add anything, and I think they're stupid mean fuckers who take delight in making other people upset. But for some reason, we shy away from saying these things, at least, as blunty as I do. I think we should say these things, and say them loud and publically.

2 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Very hot take but sometimes I think this community needs some space to be really just honest in our language and sometimes I think we don't really do that. I've been told off many a time for using bad language, but I've never really thought of it that way. When someone bandits a flavour event to build activity for a community, what are they really adding to LOTC, and our shared story and creative process?

I don't think they add anything, and I think they're stupid mean fuckers who take delight in making other people upset. But for some reason, we shy away from saying these things, at least, as blunty as I do. I think we should say these things, and say them loud and publically.

I think that being aggressive OOCly is typically a bad thing but I get what you mean. Sometimes raiders can really ruin an event that you spent weeks preparing which is so annoying. 

Annoying, absolutely. Question is - how to deal with them? Hope they go away? Is it something we should endorse and support on our server? I think we should take a very strong stance agaisnt these groups, and in doing so, will make all of our communities better. :)

7 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Annoying, absolutely. Question is - how to deal with them? Hope they go away? Is it something we should endorse and support on our server? I think we should take a very strong stance agaisnt these groups, and in doing so, will make all of our communities better. :)

t. response to denying guns

unknown.png

Think what we need is you away from the community :)

8 hours ago, TheJebus said:

Always lie in OOC. Never let people know your character's intentions. Never let them know your next move!

I don't trust these guys not to metagame!

Really good read, thank you @Ark for dropping some wisdom. Hits home to me right now since I recently joined up with a team of chads wanting to make a fun place to RP. Been having a ton of fun since joining this group, hope to help make it a place where people can also enjoy it.

shout outs to

@MadOne

@GoodGuyMatt

@Frymark

@Mockingbird-art

Edited by Petsch2k

Well founded advice, I'd be interested in seeing a spreadsheet tutorial at some point as well!

Loved being a small part of the communities I was in!