Give Elves the Curse of Rage

NotEvilAtAll

Honestly I think halflings should get rage instead, have you seen how aggro those lil shits are?

32 minutes ago, rukio said:

Honestly I think halflings should get rage instead, have you seen how aggro those lil shits are?

Average halfling warrior
0bf48b69923f205812e31692000f66c7.jpg

Orcs not starting a war while elves are?!?! 

What backwards logic is this? Orcs need to play their racial properly here. :33333333333333333
Now get out there and make us proud guys. 

<3

1 hour ago, NightcastorKitty said:

Orcs not starting a war while elves are?!?! 

What backwards logic is this? Orcs need to play their racial properly here. :33333333333333333
Now get out there and make us proud guys. 

<3

Due to the OOC numbers game and the so called "hugbox" nature of all the NAPs and defense pacts going around Orcs can't afford to be aggressors. Anytime they try their playerbase crumbles and Krugmar enters yet another dark age for several months.

It sucks that OOC is actively prohibiting good RP, but as an Orc I don't know how to fix it without getting another "Everyone VS Krugmar".

In the meantime Orcs have become Darkspawn hunters to let out the aggression and that has been a lot of fun.

4 hours ago, lemonke said:

The problem is when the curse itself is mentioned to ignore pain and push forward. Yes, the adreline factor is powergamy too but even there it doesn't excuse them, especially their lore doesn't state they are immune to pain. Being immune to pain doesn't protect you from a stab or a shattered limb. Using the excuse of your curse is powergaming and lorebreaking.

Whether it's adrenaline or not, it is bad. I'm not saying the elves are less cringe or the perfect race(since they have lot of problems too) but I have noticed an annoying amount of pride on the orcs side as if it is only one side's fault. 

I have never thought of this perspective, and it makes a lot of sense. I will make sure to account for it in my RP. =)
At the same time, I think there is a difference between "My adrenaline lets me be the perfect unfeeling warrior" and "Orc on fire lashes out flailing wildly with his berserker axe in pain and agony, losing all sense of reason and only wanting to crush anything nearby in revenge." I hope you see more of the second instead of the first.

3 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

I have never thought of this perspective, and it makes a lot of sense. I will make sure to account for it in my RP. =)
At the same time, I think there is a difference between "My adrenaline lets me be the perfect unfeeling warrior" and "Orc on fire lashes out flailing wildly with his berserker axe in pain and agony, losing all sense of reason and only wanting to crush anything nearby in revenge." I hope you see more of the second instead of the first.

You weren't there in my interactions with a few orcs and what they said ooc too. I really don't care if they want to be berserkers or some shit; it becomes a problem when it gets abused and the cursed twisted to get an advantage over their opponent. It's not a problem on what I should see more, since, as I said, I was there in such situations.

The fact a lot people emote adrenaline and other shit like this; it is am excuse for any orc, elf, or human alike to do such moves. So, defending people over such logic is beyond silly.

I'm not saying all the orcs are bad because it would be as cringe as saying all the elves are. I've meet good orcs; Panashea's, Sewer's etc...

It is just food for thought and my personal experiences.

In this instance I’d offer another perspective.

If the elves in question supposed that they were several levels above their foes culturally, militarily, scientifically, and financially, then it could be thought of simply as an element of the superiority complex that High Elves tend to have (Celia is technically a High Elf settlement).

A political maneuver like threatening war against a downtrodden opposition to bully them into submission is exactly what elves would do if they were in positions of power. Its efficient, albeit mean. 

On 2/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, Mannamannaa said:

Due to the OOC numbers game and the so called "hugbox" nature of all the NAPs and defense pacts going around Orcs can't afford to be aggressors. Anytime they try their playerbase crumbles and Krugmar enters yet another dark age for several months.

It sucks that OOC is actively prohibiting good RP, but as an Orc I don't know how to fix it without getting another "Everyone VS Krugmar".

In the meantime Orcs have become Darkspawn hunters to let out the aggression and that has been a lot of fun.

Staff have proven that they will bail out nations time and time again, last map the Orcs were defeated in war and the staff refused to pay out to the victors.

Just go to war and ask for 1v1, no balls.