My Final Chancellor's Report

Nolan_

CHANCELLOR’S REPORT

image.thumb.png.ddf4135636c9bd96126af590f74b64b3.png

BAR MAAN OVARE SYR

Issued by the

LORD PALATINE

On this 23rd day of Joma and Umund of 474 E.S.

Va Birodeo Herzenav ag Edlervik,

As the majority of you have likely heard in recent news, I am honoured, humbled and privileged to have been elected by the College of Cardinals as the successor of His Holiness Pontian IV as the Vicar of God. Regardless of disputes and complications from my time as your Lord Palatine, I always tried to act by the Canonist teachings and be guided by my morals which I pray to God are right and pure in intention and outcome. I hold no grudges nor disdain for anyone and hope you can extend the same to me if we ever butt heads over an issue. My aim as High Pontiff will be to protect Canonist lives and teachings and maintain the faith. I plead for all of you to help me make this wish and God’s will come to fruition.

With such I must, in good consciousness, resign as Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska effective immediately. I promised I would and have already informed His Majesty when I told him of my intention to run. He was more than understanding and a true friend to me. I, as High Pontiff, must and will be impartial but do not let this worry you. If Haense continues to act with honour, piety and offer kindness to those who need it and deserve it then Haense will continue to be in the Church’s good graces.

It has been my absolute pleasure to be your Lord Palatine for fifteen years and both Bishop of Valwyck and Patriarch of Jorenus and before even that the Court Chaplain. To work on everything from Saint’s day festivals to Writs of all sorts and oversee reforms on all levels. I even got to see and implement my passion projects of the main square revitalisation, beginning with the tavern refurbishment and rehaul. I believe the King has a replacement in mind and I trust they will lead just as well if not better than myself as your Palatine.

Everything I have achieved though could not have been done without many people and friends who helped me along the way. I would take the time now before I am enthroned as the next High Pontiff to thank them for the priceless aid they offered me in my time as Iosif Basrid. They are in no particular order:

His Majesty Georg, my King and friend

His Excellency Otto Gant, my Deputy and Lord Emissar

The Honourable Carolus Colborn, my ward, second Deputy and warty

Lady Amaya Colborn, my best tavernkeep

Her Excellency Viorica Kortrevich, my Grand Lady and aide on festivals and events

Her Excellency Josefina Barclay, my High Seneschal and a good listener

Ser Vladimir ‘Hothand’, my Knight Paramount and friend

Lord Felix Weiss, my Lord Marshal and testament to what anyone can accomplish

Ser Vanhart ‘the Carrot’, my Royal Treasurer and at odd times helpful mentor

Her Grace Roslin Baruch, my ward and activity aide

Squire Arthur Gant, a warrior and fine young man

Lord Nikolai Colborn, my ward and a Holy Inquisitor

-

The late Matriarch Katerina Cardinal Jorenus, my mentor

Together we will continue to do great things and help humanity.

IV JOVEO MAAN

His Excellency, Iosif Basrid, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska

image.png.a1d2422eaeaff6969baeaad8c1bcf30b.png

Felix was sat in his wheelchair within the rolling lilac fields of Zvaervauld when a runner approached him with the missive. He took the parchment within his hands and read the words over. As his eyes scanned the parchment, a smile grew more ever-present upon his lips.

He began to speak aloud to himself.

"Whilst I was initially concerned over where his loyalties would lie, being both a man of the cloth and the palatine...Ea must admit that there has been no finer friend to our koeng and servant of the realm." He gently folded the missive in his hands. "Good luck, vyr Excellency."

He wondered if the next time he saw the old coot, would his name still be "Iosif Bastrid"?

Lady Amaya Colborn, the newly minted doctor and best tavernkeep, grins as she pores over the document. She shows the missive to her good friends Prince Aleksandr Otto and Lord Fabian Kortrevich.

”Look, there’s my name!”

@Mio@critter

Meanwhile, a solemn Grand Lady does smile fondly upon the missive. She pins it to her wall, noting that her work has not gone unnoticed.

Nikolai Colborn looked upon the report, proud that he would be mentioned but more overjoyed by the fact that his mentor had reached such heights "Gudi luck eymr holiness" he spoke to no one in particular with a smile plastered upon his face "May GUD watch over eym in eymr new trials va come, ag guide eym va make ve right decisions as Vicar of GUD"

"I could not have asked for a better Lord Palatine to accompany these past fifteen years, and I know that the Church is in extraordinary hands." Georg reclined some in his seat, clasping his hands together before he opened a botte of wine. Afterwards, he sent word for his former cupbearer.

Katerina smiled proudly down on her student from the seven skies, having finally surpassed herself in ambition like she had hoped he one day would. 

"May vyr rule as Pontiff be great, young Iosif."