NLs and PK clauses

satinkira

Should NLs exist under a PK clause?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Should NLs exist under a PK clause?

• Yes, but only during wars.
    • Yes, at all times.
    • NLs should not exist under a PK clause.
    • Other (say below).

On 6/12/2023 at 11:48 AM, itdontmatta said:

Imagine PKing your 8 year character 

if you have the same character for 8 years you have attachment issues 

-t. human fighter rper 

"As a former NL.."
^ This doesn't matter. Not downplaying the opinion of those who were in the position before, but a PK clause should never be enforced on NLs. The fact of the matter is, I'm sure being the figurehead of any large community can be fun, but it can also be stressful. The NL player is going to have the worry of "if I die here im going to PK" mentality, therefore there will be less large events in the nation, or at least the player will be less active on that character. Some other lame situations like that will happen, I'm sure.

That being said, you shouldn't be an NL if you don't roleplay faithfully. I can understand that PKing your monarch can lead to some heavy times in the community, but what I'm trying to say is that this isn't a mechanical issue at all--it's a communtiy one. We should encourage good faith in our community to PK when the time is right for the better overall narrative. And if they don't? Ultimately, it's their choice. This is just a hobby. I know that this is really just to stop things like meticulous planning going into assassinations and for what? The NL to say ' * revives ' after getting 60 guards to log onto the ppl killing them? We should be shaming this behavior rather than trying to force a mechanical compromise that can force the NL to be even more like a job than it already is. Each of us, in our respective communities, should be praising those who do good roleplay to roleplay faithfully, and vise versa. The cons are more heavy than the pros here, I think. 

6 hours ago, warlord of filth said:

if you have the same character for 8 years you have attachment issues 

-t. human fighter rper 

I fucks with it.

Shannon Sharpe Shannon Sharpe Drinking GIF - Shannon Sharpe Shannon Sharpe Drinking Fox GIFs

On 6/12/2023 at 8:07 AM, Javert said:

Make NLs have a daily requirement of hours on their NL persona to avoid alting

Can't wait to perform my state enforced NL roleplay time.

On 6/12/2023 at 1:13 PM, Benleft said:

The REAL solution is helping NLs hold themselves to higher standards of roleplay so they can be example for their own communities. Gracefully taking an L with style and epic prose is much cooler than staff-enforced L-taking. 

This is the real solution. No rule can ever be made that would work for this. But, if you end up dying from quality RP that makes a damned good story, you should PK. That goes for all players, honestly. And, all players doing that (in a perfect world), we should expect NLs to do so as well. 

It should follow similar rules to a raid or heist where you must modreq before attacking or killing them.

IMO "only during wars" is the worst option. you'd let them dodge actual assassinations but force them to pk to getting caught afk in a raid? 

either general pk clauses or none imo.

On 6/12/2023 at 5:02 PM, NotEvilAtAll said:

Slight problem: NLs will just switch to alts or never leave their palace

Me and the homies: