INQUISITORIAL REPORT | THE HOLY INQUISITION

Dairsad

The drum of sharp nails echo on a wooden table, followed by the creak of a chair - balanced on its hind legs as a strange woman of raven locks and eyes as blue as a mountain river contemplated the paper upon the table. Beside it, an old but well-used and well-loved tome - that which spoke of a CURE  for the ailment the woman was convicted of, and the loss of her child. Another silent thought was given upon the matter, before the paper was tossed into the flame - out of sight, out of mind.

The man was sitting in his home with his daughter cradling her. He had watched it... and was ready to fight and die to save the unborn child. The man hearing people he was once close to call it demon spawn or try and burn the child.. it was enough. He wrote his report and posted it out for people to see.

"I do believe the woman should have been punished for her crimes if she had done such killing, but the child committed no crime. People were ready to fight not to save the child, but burn it, and the unrelenting brutality of the woman's corpse. The men acted like animals they accused the woman to be a beast... I can only imagine the last thoughts of the woman.. knowing her child was to be killed by the monsters that are the inquisition. I've never seen an act so brutal."

Aleksandr II lit a candle by the windowsill of his office in memory of the passed baby.
He was joined by Amaya - and their now fourth child.

"Such a selfish woman." The King scoffed, "Risking and damning the life of her own unborn child."

"She is nie human. Nie citizen of Haense. She is true evil."

Ser Audo Weiss sat in his chambers upon the side of his bed, hunched. A single, dying candle burnts lowly on the windowsill in its final minutes of life. Solemnly, he sipped from a glass of whiskey as his gaze trailed to the far end of the room, to his knightly armour at rest on his stand, and his trusty Wüstenlöwe which had accompanied him into many battles, and his Weiss Coat of Arms shield which had defended him and others duly. 

At times, he held doubts on the position he held and the title of Ser he bore. And yet, doubts for acts one disagreed with were a normal part of life. The way he was looked at for his armour and title - spoken to even, the things he had heard done, the things he had known himself done... they cast doubt. But never had he imagine the vile bubbling in his gut and the weight it held: disgust. 

The betrayal of Allessandra had hit harsh, but there was no time to consider or process his own view for the Queen's distress had been obvious. There was no time nor was he stationed in any position to halt a descration of GOD's holy grounds. No time nor thought nor mercy was considered for the thing that perhaps was not a monster: a child. Perhaps what would have been an innocent being.
Nie. He thought. Nie - there was no perhaps about it. 
Even if not free of the curse of its mamej, they could have saved it. The child could always have been saved. There would be some way, for GOD allowed this path for them. There would be some way because children are innocent and ought be protected.

His gaze lingered on the armour, the weapon, the shield. He drank, downing what remained of his whiskey. 

And yet, despite what happened, despite the wrathful treatment he too recieved for his status, despite the disgust at the murder commited by his colleagues, he remained for his duty was unto the king and kingdom

Bane stroked his own chin a few times. The merchant's squint patrolling the missive up and down. "Should've burned 'em upside down. I told 'em, the vampyre will come back if you don't do it upside down! Haense don't do it like Aaun."

As Jest watched the death of the Amador, guilt did not subside; She had deserved her damnation against the holy church for feeding herself and housing darkspawn, this was her own issue that she had consumed herself in. The Kharajyr stuffed the missive into his bag after folding it neatly before saying to himself; "The Child was in the cross fire. . But the child would've died from excoriating pain during it's life either way. . I do not wish for that to any child. . Darkspawn or not." Jest would then sign the Lorraine and walk away from the county board, attending to his business and further exploration.

Villorik var Ruthern didn't get the fuss.

If the mother was a Vampire, her spawn was of the same cut. He just wished the bickering would stop as he knelt in the Basilica for high-bell prayers. Wretched heretics, weeping for a Vampire.

Fabian d'Arkent-Kortrevich, having been away celebrating the birth of his son, returns to Haense with a grim and wearisome stare. Nothing but the most burdensome duties await him. 

Once the late Custodian's office opens to his key and the servantry ordered to gut it; once a candle is lit in his apartments' window; once his own children are put to bed, his wife assauged, his friends written to and comforted, the prayers said and the papers sorted, the Grand Lord pours himself a crystalline glass of absinthe and light his pipe, staring into the Prikaz courtyard and the looming Lorraine beyond.

"When I told you to choose, Alles,"  he says to no one who can hear him. "I suppose I hadn't known all it was you were torn between." 

"May the mongrels be forever cleansed of canondom und GOTT's lands!" the aging inquisitor signed the cross over his breastplate, pondering thereafter. "Ich knew they were heathens... heretics the lot of them..." pausing a moment to think the man turned to his forge with a faint smirk "Ah, right... yes thats what I was doing."

Anya Volkov reads the inquisition report thoroughly in her fire room helping Aleksandr to try and begin reading. She tosses it to the side shortly after, taking a drink of her Carrion Black. "Too many of w Kurwa around. First Giraudus e w other one w Whitespire then this?" 

Anabel Elia Colborn lights a solemn candle that night, remembering with such excitement her friend Allessandra had spoken to her once she had discovered that she was with child. Anabel recalls sharing her aged wisdom with the younger woman, having given birth herself six times. "Rest, my friend..." She whispers, thinking with teary eyes of the innocent life lost and of the loss of hope that her friend had bore.

“Hmmm?”

said an elder lady from the farther lands in her stronghold 

“see this my dear apprentices this is what we call a conundrum” she gave a small chuckle as the paladin sighed afterwards.

”Sadly the child is in a better place than this realm. Only our lord knows”

An aging Amador did not lament the loss of her unborn grandchild, nor did she lament the loss of her once daughter-in-law. She felt sorrow for her son- but that was all.