9.0 Combat Rules Update

Spoopy_Duck

22 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

However, involved parties can:

1. Emote the usage of Craftbook and LWC mechanisms (doors, gates, bridges, lifts, etc.) in CRP.

ehrm.. how many emotes does this take? cause etrhm.. theres no emote count lsited 

22 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

You must follow realistic standards for abstract scenarios such as when falling, walking or running with injuries, etc. You must account for these scenarios when referencing movement or other actions. 

what happened to the rules regarding fall damage? ie: falling more than 24~? blocks would end in your character dying, 21~ blocks being your character getting incapacitated,  18 blocks breaking your leg, etcetera.

Why MRP? Just call it MRP, it has the attributes of MRP, you do the same things as MRP, nothing rings to me MRP for MRP combat.

4 minutes ago, RIGOR said:

I cannot say why or how it came to be called MRP. All I can say is that this will be rather confusing for those of us who come from bigger MMORPG RP communities.

image.png

That being said, great rules rewrite, good work boys & girls.

Wish you could have been apart of the project.

Me when roll crp is still pure rng

8 minutes ago, wowj said:

what happened to the rules regarding fall damage? ie: falling more than 24~? blocks would end in your character dying, 21~ blocks being your character getting incapacitated,  18 blocks breaking your leg, etcetera.

Because the idea was to simplify the rules, not pause combat so everyone can start counting blocks and arguing over just what block you started at/ended at/hit along the way... 

33 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

Once combat is locked, players involved in the fight will be “invisible” to everyone who is not in the combat.

Thank you for your hard work!

Could you please clarify what you mean by this? Are other players supposed to ignore active combat as if it's not happening/they can't see it? Or are they just not able to join combat after the time limits specified in the rules? 

1 minute ago, Toffee said:

Could you please clarify what you mean by this? Are other players supposed to ignore active combat as if it's not happening/they can't see it? Or are they just not able to join combat after the time limits specified in the rules? 

Ignore it entirely, it basically exists in its own bubble. You can watch the fight and then know the outcome of it, however while it is still going you cannot rp about it or interact in any way.

5 minutes ago, Toffee said:

Combat that is occurring in this situation will be described as following:

Rigorous halts Spurf to initiate combat. 15 minutes passes, the instance of combat is now relegated to that specific place in time and locked. If more players show up around it, they will not be able to interact with it. This prevents people from camping fights occurring in large zones by providing a separate instance of combat, after which the players involved are free to leave without other people getting involved.

2 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

Ignore it entirely, it basically exists in its own bubble. You can watch the fight and then know the outcome of it, however while it is still going you cannot rp about it or interact in any way.

I too think this is a hard rule to understand. What if a nation is being raided and it is all crply, and it is a 10v10, and 15 min past we have to ignore it and can't ring the bell?

Just now, ChaoticRoller said:

I too think this is a hard rule to understand. What if a nation is being raided and it is all crply, and it is a 10v10, and 15 min past we have to ignore it and can't ring the bell?

Exactly!

MRP sounds like a way to justify PvP being roleplay. Now when 60th says "guys stop PvP chimping its a roleplay server!", then I can say "I'm MRPing!"

Edited by Pancho
To whichever Cuckerator edited my comment, screw you too

2 minutes ago, RIGOR said:

Exactly!

Now what if you are not invloved in the crp but you were around before the 15 min timer hearing/seeing emotes and actions of the raid, would that person hearing/seeing the emotes of the raid be able to ring the rally bell if they by chance took captives? Just asking because like I said it is hard to understand really.

can you believe the ferrymen made the MRP rules

Just now, ChaoticRoller said:

Now what if you are not invloved in the crp but you were around before the 15 min timer hearing/seeing emotes and actions of the raid, would that person hearing/seeing the emotes of the raid be able to ring the rally bell if they by chance took captives? Just asking because like I said it is hard to understand really.

If you emote being involved and the fifteen minutes haven't passed, and you follow the pertinent rules for aviaries and/or ringing bells before the 15 minute timer has passed, then you can rally to come by for that instance of combat before it is locked. Rather clear-cut!

3 minutes ago, RIGOR said:

If you emote being involved and the fifteen minutes haven't passed, and you follow the pertinent rules for aviaries and/or ringing bells before the 15 minute timer has passed, then you can rally to come by for that instance of combat before it is locked. Rather clear-cut!

Alright thank you very much for the clarification on the new rules <3