9.0 Combat Rules Update

Spoopy_Duck

mechanical combat does not shorten to MRP. please fix it so i can say pvp on my minecraft roleplay MRP server without it being autocorrected to 'mrp'

I get that mech-run was wack before pvp was readded but why is ignoring a halt able to result in a tp back? That is a massive change from the traditional precedent that seems to heavily favor bandits.

sensational. beautiful

10 hours ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

When a party emotes to pursue combat, parties must decide whether it will be resolved through CRP or PVP

Try to change name of PvP into MRP

revert back to calling it PvP within a few sentences

why not keep calling it PvP every other server calls it that

Edited by NotEvilAtAll
To the mod who edited my comment, screw off

Just now, MeteorDragon said:

MRP is such a stupid name, which ferrymen mod changed it?

FocxxUHXoAEQcdq.jpg

My only concern pertains to halting. There would be no way to prove whether someone performed a halt emote in front of or behind someone if they're walking by. I'd rather Halt emotes require some additional conditions rather than riding up on someone from behind, copy-pasting an emote, and then locking them into banditry as opposed to locking down a road.

I appreciate this name change to MRP. If you're the admin who necessitated this name change in order to approve these changes, just know you've been duped.

14 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

The two emotes before joining combat must be fully non-combative, i.e you are not able to draw any sort of weapon, connect to magic etc.

Are people in crp allowed to make combative actions towards someone joining crp? IE turning and shooting someone with a loaded crossbow. In this case would any means of avoiding this attack be a combative action?

Just now, ClassyDryad said:

Are people in crp allowed to make combative actions towards someone joining crp? IE turning and shooting someone with a loaded crossbow. In this case would any means of avoiding this attack be a combative action?

Yes, if a person emotes at someone attempting to join the combat that would then put the joining player into the combat however, so if you turn and shoot them at emote 1. Their next emote can be them drawing their weapon or engaging with the fight.

1 minute ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

Yes, if a person emotes at someone attempting to join the combat that would then put the joining player into the combat however, so if you turn and shoot them at emote 1. Their next emote can be them drawing their weapon or engaging with the fight.

Thanks for the response! That seems reasonable.