server direction poll

satinkira

server direction poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the current state with the server?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral
  2. 2. Are you happy with the direction that the server is going in?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral
    • Idk where the server is headed
  3. 3. Do you think that PVP should be prioritised by staff in the creation of conflict rules, or RP?

• PVP
    • RP
    • Both
    • Unsure
  4. 4. Do you think we should return to defender default, or keep CRP default - or even go to PVP default?

• Defender Default
    • CRP Default
    • PVP Default
    • Unsure
  5. 5. Do you think settlements should be given an hours notice before a raid occurs, or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (say below)
    • Unsure

hey,

people love to talk about silent majorities and loud minorities so I think it's best that we get some actual numbers on how satisfied players are with the current server direction and also some other things too. that is all, I have nothing else to contribute

6 minutes ago, satinkira said:

hey,

people love to talk about silent majorities and loud minorities so I think it's best that we get some actual numbers on how satisfied players are with the current server direction and also some other things too. that is all, I have nothing else to contribute

These people won't even care to open the thread.

No offense, but this is pointless. 90 % of people will only say something or do something if they're mad.

Just now, Twodiks said:

leavemealone.jpg
NO MORE SHITTY POLLS

4 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

These people won't even care to open the thread.

No offense, but this is pointless. 90 % of people will only say something or do something if they're mad.

ezgif-5-3ac734d6fb.gif?width=1006&height

As someone involved in research, I will say the intent behind this is good. The way you ask a question and the context around how you do so can have a massive influence on the results.

Repeating a question or poll like some of these are however just is indeed pointless unfortunately and doesn't serve much of a purpose beyond screaming into the void.

However, the first two may provide very telling results.

Laeonathan is so right. The point of a silent majority is... silence. People who want to talk to make their opinion known will do so.

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Laeonathan is so right. The point of a silent majority is... silence. People who want to talk to make their opinion known will do so.

the number of people who replied to the itdontmatta poll currently stands at 293, which is the majority of the server. the silent majority can express themselves through polls, but obviously most sane and normal people wouldn't bother with forum debates. this isn't supposed to be a debate thread anyways I just want to know where the land actually lies with these issues and I suspect others do too

7 minutes ago, satinkira said:

the number of people who replied to the itdontmatta poll currently stands at 293, which is the majority of the server. the silent majority can express themselves through polls, but obviously most sane and normal people wouldn't bother with forum debates. this isn't supposed to be a debate thread anyways I just want to know where the land actually lies with these issues

Far from it. Communities typically have 5 to 10 times the playerbase of their peaknumbers. This means, in the case of LOTC we're talking about 800 to 2000 people. The issue stands.

Sorry but if you think the server is in such a bad state, you either joined after 2021 when everything went uphill by a lot (toxicity decreased, more TOS bans, a lot more good faith rp etc.) or you're really delusional. Doxxing was a common practise against war time enemies in the past. Racism, Transphobia and Homophobia were largely accepted or ignored by the wider community in the past. Moderation was controlled by a singular nation. All these issues have been minimized. And I highly doubt this is the past you want to go back to?

1 minute ago, Laeonathan said:

Far from it. Communities typically have 5 to 10 times the playerbase of their peaknumbers. This means, in the case of LOTC we're talking about 800 to 2000 people. The issue stands.

Sorry but if you think the server is in such a bad state, you either joined after 2021 when everything went uphill by a lot (toxicity decreased, more TOS bans, a lot more good faith rp etc.) or you're really delusional. Doxxing was a common practise against war time enemies in the past. Racism, Transphobia and Homophobia were largely accepted or ignored by the wider community in the past. Moderation was controlled by a singular nation.

9 minutes ago, satinkira said:

this isn't supposed to be a debate thread anyways I just want to know where the land actually lies with these issues and I suspect others do too

6 minutes ago, creamynoteblock said:

As a member of the silent majority, I will be sure to vote on the polls above and comment on the thread, for I know that nobody will look at this post.

thx man I appreciate it

I’m having a good time. There’s still some flaws with the server and whatnot, but from my experience, YOU make your fun on this server. The server is all about participation, and so far I would say this map has been one of my best experiences yet. Like others have said, those who actually come here to vote are more likely to vote negative. The RP is still rich and present, especially if you’re looking for it, and the pvpers all connect together. Before it was Dunamis, then the Raevirs, then the hangmen…. I think… now the ferrymen. There is no possible way to monitor that. 

Truth be told… there’s three type of LOTC players. 

1: They go 100% into pvp. They barely log on for anything else and barely RP. If they do, it tends to be meme rp

2: They go 100% into RP. They hate clicks and want to peacefully exist in their walled up nation. Refusing to git good and relying on CRP magic usually.

3: The perfect player. (Me) Participates heavily in RP but practices PVP, understanding that PVP is part of the LOTC experience, and inseparable 

Edited by Epicethan4

I am very confused as to why so many people are voting 'yes' on having notice about being raided. I would love some additional insight and perspectives on the matter-

My current main concern is that it is literally encouraging metagaming. By giving Nations notice, you are encouraging the Nation to meta-rally. It will happen, every single time, without fail. And if they're not meta-rallying, they're all logging off - especially the PRO's who want to avoid getting PK'd etc. I just don't understand why this is such a popular option?

1 minute ago, Amayonnaise said:

I am very confused as to why so many people are voting 'yes' on having notice about being raided. I would love some additional insight and perspectives on the matter-

My current main concern is that it is literally encouraging metagaming. By giving Nations notice, you are encouraging the Nation to meta-rally. It will happen, every single time, without fail. And if they're not meta-rallying, they're all logging off - especially the PRO's who want to avoid getting PK'd etc. I just don't understand why this is such a popular option?

I mean it could always be added as a sort of RP thing. "Your scouts tell you there is enemies nearing!! boo!!" 

Either way, I voted yes because for how I see it if a raid is pre-announced only people who actually want to deal with it will stay. That will avoid a lot of arguments and you won't be stuck in rp with a person who just won't cooperate

rep farm #738393