A Challenge Met

ContestedSnow

nhbGxpnTlw4SQrGDMLTlmnDbNrsT--IgMEpftHJizeLCwhHLBta-Ym20siYfOJhGZrRcMoowAo2OgvDq67cE87QzAImFcDVI9sV_kOr53koo7rzuPCIuHGW9QJXA96zxeN3Lzjx4SLR3COrCW7WAC4w

IN DEFENCE OF HONOUR

L4ElkWO_nG6dZCOtRL9VuzRJoOhK0qHvXp0bhdjBj22b0ybkbMe-CRjiELv6yk39RYWX_GwKIp7eTBRAPoj5q_v1GyOexOV-ITqH7T9yByTWP9JDnbEK0xPDbxdH9XxzBuiqQ_duKS7vqWsiaqiqN5g

Issued by the

DUCHY OF VIDAUS

On the 12th day of Jula ag Piov of  492 E.S.

SANGKRUV I RUTHER,

Know well, uncle, that I have never wished ill upon you in my lifetime. 

And know well that the mantle of Duke was always fated to fall upon my shoulders, for no man lives forever. My father and predecessor’s demise was an unfortunate one, but I shall not apologise for it. A man should not apologise for defending himself, and so I shall not. Nor shall I face your insult knelt like a cur. And while I appreciate the words and sentiments of my dear sister, I need not her words nor her blade to defend me and my honour. 

Such I can do by my own hand, and such is my own responsibility.

If blood is what you wish, then I shall satisfy you, but know I do not intend to die until GOD himself calls me to the Seven Skies or sets me upon the Hells. Let it be known that I accept your challenge, Kazimir var Ruthern, and shall face you upon the field. Any less should be a grave dishonour upon my Family.

Should I die at your hands, I shall leave instructions to my wife regarding the regency held in my wake, and for whom shall serve as legal guardian over my Daughter and Heiress and the lands of Ruthern until such a time she may rule in her own stead.

If your word is true and honourable, then come before me and we shall see who God wishes still standing.

SO BE IT.

Spoiler

5PM EST, 28th August, Haeseni Square
@Proddy

DRUZ GJERNZ AG GRYVNZ,

His Excellency, Viktor var Ruthern, Lord Emissar of Hanseti-Ruska, Duke of Vidaus, Count of Metterden, Viscount of Greyspine, Baron of Rostig, Lord of Druzstra and Protector of the South

cO2af62w_usYTUyHw8_skbkYodlKJ7wGncehSyeS0uC8cBV_k6D5hfEIwM2qouF6s5hKVqyBbYb9mdfQM-gNPYQjfx6v73GNAFpOjycvs2nzry2VNwPX6K8j_er1kbHOkHtmI6gJ5E8Q12u5Z3psgaM

Edited by ContestedSnow

Spoiler

Demetrius turned to a smug look as he read over the parchment. "So he jest niet a coward but kinslaying jest fine?" He nudged at his brother within the confinements of the Ruthern Manor safely settled upon the Viscounty of Marsana. @Nilyeet

2 minutes ago, oryP said:

Demetrius turned to a smug look as he read over the parchment. "So he jest niet a coward but kinslaying jest fine?" He nudged at his brother within the confinements of the Ruthern Manor safely settled upon the Viscounty of Marsana. @Nilyeet

Spoiler

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

2 minutes ago, oryP said:

Princess Charlotte of Marsana sits idle in the castle of Stassion, reading over the missive with amusement. Perhaps she should take a page out of the Haense Ruthern's book.. "Philip, come take a look at this." The ex-Ruthern mused, calling to her husband. @VoxyNoir