In Exile, We Are Reborn

Boknice275

image.png?ex=654810b9&is=65359bb9&hm=6fc

A gathering of faithful Rah'muns post-Iron Horde exile

Exiled. Persecuted. Disgraced. These words rushed through Pharaoh Atemu-Ta's mind as he prepared to host the first gathering of his people since their expulsion from the lands of the Iron Horde. The Pharaoh had been labelled an orc-murderer and a traitor to many of the orcs, and notice had been put out for his death. Amid all of this he also lost his sister, Meret-Pa, who surrendered herself to the Heavens when the prospect of her enslavement by the Akaal clan became imminent. For many months Atemu wandered the desert, praying to the Gods of the Rah'mun faith, exhorting their wisdom and blessings in his time of great struggle and shame.

Then, a voice came upon him from the heavenly realms of Ka'tau. "Strength comes from triumph." It said, and then it vanished as soon as it appeared.

This voice emboldened Atemu's spirit as he spoke to his small cadre of people who had gathered around the sparkling oases of the Aevos desert.

"I have failed all of you." Atemu mentioned as he grasped his wooden crook and looked around, his burning gaze rife with sorrow. "I have lost our sister, Meret, to the brutality of the primitive orcs. I have almost lost several other of my people to the threats of those barbarians, and we have lost even more to the darts and arrows of the foul An-Gho..." Atemu then stopped, his sorrow lifting slightly as he continued. "But the gravity of this failure is not merely reflective of defeat; it also proves how important our people are to this world. Naseret arose and beat back the forces of Keop - the lord of darkness and chaos - and Iblees, and led our people to our Golden Era. And yet, before this triumph, Naseret watched his people's minds become poisoned with black magicks, vice, greed, and complacency. His legitimacy as a Pharaoh was questioned many times, and he almost gave up before crying out to the Gods for wisdom.

I have done the same, my people. I have cried to the Gods to deliver us to sanctuary, to strengthen my will, to help me fulfill the role of Creation's keeper upon this world." Atemu stopped as another Rah'mun spoke up.

"We shall not hate the orcs as they hate us, Ra'tuhmet. Vengeance belongs to the Ra'tuhmet and his Flaming Eye, for he shall surely have his day with them!" The Rah'mun mentioned.

"Correct." Atemu affirmed, raising his crook slightly in the air as his gaze shot up to the blazing sun, noting the Ra'tuhmet's bountiful smile spread across the lands. He then looked back to his people and spoke assuredly. "Vengeance shall not be ours, my people. Yes, we were persecuted. Yes, we were driven away from our spiritual homelands, these deserts. But this has only happened because we are preparing to triumph. We could not truly flourish amid a group that did not understand us, or appreciate our ways. But as we venture from these deserts and establish a temporary homeland elsewhere, we shall lick our wounds and rebuild the vestiges of the last empire. Ka'tau, sitting upon her mighty throne of judgment with her light-feathers, shall weigh the heart of all of our enemies as they pass into death. There, they shall account for their transgressions against Creation and her children." The Pharaoh said triumphantly as he ventured closer to the group.

"My people - we are wealthy, we are innovative, we are blessed. Without us, Isfet [chaos] overtakes this world and plunges it into darkness. Shall we remain docile and passive, laying down like a sickly dog while our enemies triumph over our defeat, or shall we allow the light of the Ra'tuhmet to rejuvenate our strength and allow us to persist until our civilization flourishes once more? The former is unacceptable, but the latter is inevitable!" Atemu said, to shattering applause from those who gathered beneath the Ra'tuhmet's sun.

At this point Atemu realized an important truth: he and his people had become far too comfortable when they settled amongst others. Ka'tau commands all stewards of Creation to remain an active force, but that had not been so. In times of complacency, the righteous must be aroused from their slumber and motivated to action. A crude awakening this was, Atemu now knew what the Gods had sought to communicate with him - and he received it fully.

"By this time next week, we shall meet in our new homeland where our people will flourish. We shall build shrines to the Gods, continue our sacred war against the draconic worms, and show the world one indisputable truth that the Akaals, the Rex, the An-Gho, nor any of the enemies of Creation shall subvert: We are the Rah'muns. And we are eternally blessed! Hail Ra'tuhmet!"

The group interrupts in cheers before they disperse, heading west to their prospective new homelands.

A single thought rang out in Atemu's head as he left the deserts and approached the grassy, darkened forests of the west.

"In exile, we are reborn."

[!] From some uninhabited coastal part of the desert wastes, a small Vinix arrives to collapse in front of the group. The trained courier animals petite gliding wings are crusted with salt and its mammalian frame trembles from exhaustion. The small leather tube strapped crudely around the beings neck jingles with a muted bell. If opened by the Rah'muns, the tattered message inside is writ upon scraps of parchment using the unfiltered ink of glow squids. [!]

To the wandering Pharoh and prophets of purity:

Mortal lies are temporary. Truth is eternal, whether in the realm of spirits or upon the sands of this mortal plane. Prove latselves as this Truthspeaker knows you are able. The Void, the Drakes, the False Eye of Heresy. This conflict between brethren holds no flame to the depths of those evils that we must defeat together.

With Honor through Integrity,

[!] The area where a signature would normally be placed has been torn away and bleached by saltwater to an unrecognizable mess of muddled inks. [!]

Grimruk raises his spear, searching the sands.

Nub'azh flatz a bruddah from jelouzy agh with nub'honah.

The foreigner-looking elf stood amongst the group, his stone-cold figure dulling the glow of gemstone sand. While staring at the oasis, safe heaven among the death-retching dunes he prayed: "Praised be the sun-adorned leader and his flock that shall gift tranquility and purity to all that breathes life. My lies in Ka'tau law, to bring more peace than war."

The Farfolk Magister, Razad, read on with sympathy at his fellow desert goers - and wished the winds of magic to be at their backs. Would he but find their Pharaoh, they would be welcome to share in guest rite amongst his palace.

A princess wondered how her asul friend was. While their ancestors may have been from separate tribes they share a common view on the world and their each others world.

”may the stars guide your way friend”