Writ of Challenge: Audo Weiss

Nymstra

"Ser Andrik Ruthern was so right!" says Bishop Odo "I hope no one will ever doubt him again! When can we expect his sacking or resignation?"

iduna Colborn looked at the missive with a surprise expression, as she looked to her father and mothers portrait "HES MIK GODPAPEJ?! EA DIDNT KNOW THAT!" she shouted, yet.. feeling happy to have people backing her corner. "skrali aedypapej demi.. it means alot to mik that eym are doing this, nej more that eam being mistreated and misunderstood" she finailly said as she went on with her day

Spoiler

[!] Suicide Reference Warning

As Leonid read the missive, he seemed to have an amused smile at the challenge. Ever since his own personal drama, he aimed to stay away from any drama unrelated to him. But this he could not help but be curious, and quietly say "This guy must be suicidal. . . Like I was before my last duel." and then returned to his next work of art.

Walter Weiss looked over the missive, and he chuckled.

He began to pen the missive, which would be placed anywhere public - basilicas, market stalls, what have you.

"To the Baron of Sevilla,
Iduna is a curse amongst the family of Colborn. She knowingly, and willingly by her own admission and others hid her own family from the Weiss. Despite knowing that she was alive, she hid Raelle from us. From her own mother, who feared she was dead. Iduna denied Raelle's family any grief. Any closure. A most grevious sin, and deplorable action. Raelle has since turned to a daemonic and heretical faith of Druidism, of which she happily obliged. Hence, I was the one who asked that she be disowned."

The missive continued.

"Should you fight anyone, you shall fight me, should my father be unwilling to entertain your ill-informed rant. Name the time and place. You should know, I only duel to the death."

A Haense-Bot smiled from the construct-afterlife, if there is such a thing.

"AY!" The Necromancer shouted out upon reading the missive "Only can challenge Audo like that! And come on, that little bastard deserved whatever Audo did! She's annoying, and frankly, deserves to burn in hell more than I do." And then he was off to pen some letters!

Ser Audo Weiss peered to the missive with some confusion for he had volunteered to aid the young Iduna in place of other Weiss and still sought to speak with her even with his dead sister repeatedly used to insult him and even found Iduna himself with Raelle. 

He reached for a quill, and issued his reply, his handwriting notably chicken-scratch upon the page as he pens it in his own hand:

"Demitrey Denodado,

A man who has abandoned his home and the blood he so seeks to defend. Young Iduna has been sorely misunderstanding of my aid as she has willfully lied to her own family to maintain her own direction in life before. I have strongly dissuaded her from the heresy of voidal magicks for fear of her health and faithfulness, and furthermore found her at the scene where Raelle was hid - something which we Weiss have niet taken lightly. It is a severe slight upon our family, a loss of yet another of our blood to vile and disgusting heresies that might otherwise have been saved, and her part in Raelle's straying from GOD should not be overlooked by any true Canonist.

I will first seek to inform you of this: you are severely misinformed and have been lied to just as this young one did to the previous Countess. It pains me that a prior friend should drag my name through the mud - but there is little more to expect of a man who abandons their kingdom and knighthood. I accept your challenge and hope you are ready to pay with your life for your slander. Select your second, I will be waiting.

Sincerely,
His Excellency, Knight Parmount of Hanseti-Ruska, Ser Audo Weiss."

Ser Jose Fuentes, Colonel of the Hyspian Regiment, smiled as he saw the notice. "I shall act as a second, so he wish."

A servant delivered the missive to the hands of the Lady Chamberlain who dwelled within her chambers, her hands marred with ink - remnants of her ceaseless work. She regarded the content with exasperation and moreso disappointment as she muttered to herself:

"It is sin enough that vy destroy vyr own honour, Iduna. It is worse still that vy drag friends and kin alike into this mess. May Godan guide vy back toward his light, littlest."

Josef Denodado was having a cup of tea with his favorite book beside him as he read the missive surprised at the reveals, the heir nearly spat his tea! “Iduna Colborn is my godsister?! That is cool, y should meet her someday!” He spoke to himself before getting a serious look on his face “Papej better be careful fighting Ser Weiss, eym sure he chosen as Knight Paramount for a reason…” The teen added before signing the Lorraine and spoke a quiet prayer to GODAN to keep his father safe for the foreseeable duel.

The Count Colborn was only able to read over the missive after sitting through an excruciating hour and a half in the clinic, being treated after the attack on the square previous. He was already in a poor mood, and this only made it worse. 

The Viceroy of Hyspia will referee this duel. "Supervised duels are okay." However, just in case, he made sure to notify the medics.

Fredrich Ludovar faced palmed, wondering if his old mentor is a duel magnet of some sort

1 hour ago, SethWolf said:

Walter Weiss looked over the missive, and he chuckled.

He began to pen the missive, which would be placed anywhere public - basilicas, market stalls, what have you.

"To the Baron of Sevilla,
Iduna is a curse amongst the family of Colborn. She knowingly, and willingly by her own admission and others hid her own family from the Weiss. Despite knowing that she was alive, she hid Raelle from us. From her own mother, who feared she was dead. Iduna denied Raelle's family any grief. Any closure. A most grevious sin, and deplorable action. Raelle has since turned to a daemonic and heretical faith of Druidism, of which she happily obliged. Hence, I was the one who asked that she be disowned."

The missive continued.

"Should you fight anyone, you shall fight me, should my father be unwilling to entertain your ill-informed rant. Name the time and place. You should know, I only duel to the death."

Anatoliy Ilya Godunov saw this reply, and gave a slight frown. Said frown turned to a silent, cold glare.

And so, he, in turn, wrote a reply to this reply. Reply-ception.

"To the Lord Palatine, Viscount Walter Weiss,

I'm afraid you've been misinformed. Raelle's mother never feared she was dead - For Raelle herself had sent numerous letters to her mother, all of which were ignored. Raelle's fall into the vile Druidic paganism is regretable, but it was not Lady Iduna Colborn who denied the Weiss the right to see and speak with her.

It was Raelle herself who wished not to speak with the rest of the Weiss family. Due to my own intervention upon finding her injured, she met with the Lady Veronica Weiss, whom I had personally informed of Raelle's location and state. Raelle herself had also told me that she had sent letters to her mother. She herself told me that every single one had been ignored.

What has happened within your family is Not the fault of Lady Iduna Colborn - For Iduna did not force Raelle to leave your family.

I do wonder though - In your missive disowning your own uncle, you claimed it was for the sake of his children - Yet, immediately after, one of those children ran away from you.

I hope that your family will cease taking out unjust actions, and quite frankly petty insults, against a child. Maybe if the Weiss focused on this eternal winter as much as they did on Iduna, we would be freed from this curse."