Jøkul [FA]

Diogen

11 minutes ago, Jentos said:

can't believe they made frost simps for the frost mommies ((fake cold heralds))

I wonder what an interaction between a Herald and a Jøkul will look like...

looks really cool, but this will only work with an active frost witch playerbase which last time I checked didn't really exist. feel free to correct me if wrong, regardless I hope this passes

14 minutes ago, Agy said:

I wonder what an interaction between a Herald and a Jøkul will look like...

image.png?ex=658ed0c0&is=657c5bc0&hm=6a9

image.png?ex=658ed05e&is=657c5b5e&hm=bf1

On 12/15/2023 at 3:02 PM, satinkira said:

looks really cool, but this will only work with an active frost witch playerbase which last time I checked didn't really exist. feel free to correct me if wrong, regardless I hope this passes

lets just deny any attempts for the fw playerbase to get back on their feet instead, that will help them out

On 12/15/2023 at 6:02 AM, satinkira said:

The FWs consistently face challenges in engaging with the community overall, encountering negative sentiments. Dealing with adverse role-playing outcomes from events or combat is undesirable, yes, but it happens - a lot of players just refuse to accept this and go to any means necessary to prevent such. This leads to metagaming, refusal to RP, wasted time, etc. I doesn't surprise me that the witches apparently have had phases of activity levels over the years, because it seems like playing one could get very frustrating. 

I'm fully supportive of any efforts to make them relevant again +1

11 hours ago, Funny Batdude said:

The FWs consistently face challenges in engaging with the community overall, encountering negative sentiments. Dealing with adverse role-playing outcomes from events or combat is undesirable, yes, but it happens - a lot of players just refuse to accept this and go to any means necessary to prevent such. This leads to metagaming, refusal to RP, wasted time, etc. I doesn't surprise me that the witches apparently have had phases of activity levels over the years, because it seems like playing one could get very frustrating. 

I'm fully supportive of any efforts to make them relevant again +1

I feel like I should make something very clear to all those who may have misinterpreted my last post (how?): I do not want the Frost Witch community to fail. Rather, I want them to succeed, become active and enjoy their RP whilst providing RP to others, as all successful spook covens do.

that said,

blaming the up-and-down activity from fwitches on a playerbase unwilling to accept conflict is beyond delusional. look at the player events that groups like the undead legion or whatever it is have done; entire villages have been razed, NLs mutilated and captured. our current playerbase is not nearly as consequence averse as you may try to gaslight.

there's clearly something wrong with the current model, though, and I (and everyone who actually knows what they're talking about) would not blame it on a risk-averse playerbase but instead a clunky, ritual-based shit lorepiece that needs to be rewritten

and yk love my frost witch homies but with reflection I don't think this piece is the way to go about it without major reform. because of the 'frost knight' thing you're overwhelmingly going to receive male personas (because that is the overwhelming majority of the knight demographic) who will then forever be stuck as fake cold heralds with kinda weak lore and unable to ever progress with this dark magic aesthetic because fwitches are entirely locked behind being female. that's not a good long term activity model. this lorepiece is basically being brought in to help give crutches of players and activity (and being able to do rituals !) to an ailing playerbase and in my personal opinion while on principle that isn't a bad thing, unless the next frost witch rewrite permits for male players to take on a version of the CA too then jokul will fall inactive as well. drop the misandry theme altogether and embrace the more religious roleplay that leyd inspired and wrote; if you're unable to countenance that, if the misandry is an ESSENTIAL part of your CA then maybe it deserves to die tee hee. always happy to write a patrick bateman magma warlock incel-esque 'I hate women' lorepiece to show that particular double standard for what it is

that's just my advice and opinion. again I want to clarify before you all jump on me that I DO want frost witches (and warlocks ?) to succeed and I AM NOT SAYING that the frost witches should burn and die and that I DO want this lorepiece to be accepted, or at least a version of it. a weaker FA version of frost witches leading up to it isn't a bad idea and I do like the concept but feel that the future fwitch lorewrite should include male frost warlocks or whatever you want to call them. it's just common sense and gives reward for dedication and RP and the production of a narrative

on another note these are basically the same spells as heralds; summoning weapons, healing spells, manipulation of fire ice, this is all classic herald stuff. would be nice to see some more originality or perhaps utilisation of the themes established in leyds religious stuff (did you notice I'm a fan?) in the magic abilities. beyond that I have no actual issues with the lore and it all looks thumbs up

15 hours ago, satinkira said:

always happy to write a patrick bateman magma warlock incel-esque 'I hate women' lorepiece to show that particular double standard for what it is

Isn't that literally just sexist azdrazi
...i'd +1 that submission for the effort lmfao, would be a funny read

Edited by SlitheryC1

26 minutes ago, SlitheryC1 said:

Isn't that literally just sexist azdrazi
...i'd +1 that submission lmfao

magma warlocks

I'm actually going to write the lorepiece

8 hours ago, BenVader said:

How many magic slots will they have?

It's a FA (Aka a 'Feat') those do not take up any magic slots.
Although due to its rather special nature it does lock you out of some magics as is stated in It, but yeah, It takes up no Magic Slots.

Yeah but it's gonna be swapped for a CA it's not gonna be allowed as an FA it'll take up magic slots 

6 minutes ago, BenVader said:

Yeah but it's gonna be swapped for a CA it's not gonna be allowed as an FA it'll take up magic slots 

Not exactly sure what you are talking about.?
When a Jokul is properly cursed into becoming a Fjarriagua (As long as they meet the criteria needed to become one) they will be forced to abandoned their Jokul FA (Which takes up ZERO Magic slots) as it is replaced by the Fjarriagua CA (Which takes up Three Magic Slots).

Edited by Agy
typo...