Jøkul [FA]

Diogen

Skyrim's Restless Dead: Who & What Are The Draugr?

+1  Cant wait for it to get denied

+1

@fighting evil by moonlight lookie, our snow elven man servants are… ALIVE!!! 🧊

((great job dio ilysm please do a river dance on my face 🤍 going to come back and leave an actual review/thoughts later~))

14 hours ago, Diogen said:

A Mother needs a TA to create more Jøkul , and may have a maximum of [5] Jøkul , with the current status of Jøkul under herself to be edited within her Fjarriagua TA.

Ok so with 5 total slots per mother. Is there a cool down between creation or can I create them all back to back same day? And I take it when a Jøkul PKs a slot frees up right?

No cooldown or time required to be created? Instant disconnection of the jøkur if they refuse?
This seems like an FA written purely to supplement the amount of Frost Witches required to conduct their rituals, more than a few of them requiring two or three witches to be together, and being able to instantly create 5 of these guys, 

18 hours ago, Diogen said:

Starting with their innate Warmth at the start of their transformation,

they start with MAX warmth, they then can immediately use Disperse and take part in a ritual, this is basically a recipe to instantly conduct rituals and disconnect people after they've been useful, without having to deal with connecting and disconnecting frost witches who may potentially work against you.

also. . . .. . . . . . . . froststalker. . . .

EDIT: Also, there doesn't seem to be any actual effect caused by lacking Warmth, except for looking decrepit. For something that they would need and crave, this is very lacking mechanically, though I believe mana systems to be more bothersome than groundbreaking, anyways.

Edited by Privet

2 hours ago, Privet said:

No cooldown or time required to be created? Instant disconnection of the jøkur if they refuse?
This seems like an FA written purely to supplement the amount of Frost Witches required to conduct their rituals, more than a few of them requiring two or three witches to be together, and being able to instantly create 5 of these guys, 

they start with MAX warmth, they then can immediately use Disperse and take part in a ritual, this is basically a recipe to instantly conduct rituals and disconnect people after they've been useful, without having to deal with connecting and disconnecting frost witches who may potentially work against you.

also. . . .. . . . . . . . froststalker. . . .

EDIT: Also, there doesn't seem to be any actual effect caused by lacking Warmth, except for looking decrepit. For something that they would need and crave, this is very lacking mechanically, though I believe mana systems to be more bothersome than groundbreaking, anyways.

I feel like you haven't read the lore at all
The effects of losing warmth 1) disables their casting, 2) makes them look obviously dark-adjacent, 3) makes them go mentally coo coo to the point of wanting to touch literal sources of fire in a desperate attempt to regain warmth.
seeing as how this FA is mostly flavor than anything else, as their abilities are really just. instead of carrying a weapon you can conjure it out of ice with similar properties but objectively worse due to its weakness to fire, an ice bandaid and finally an ability that allows you to partake in rituals. i don't believe that giving them a harsh feeding mechanic beyond mental detriments / flavor would be healthy for the FA

also good points to both you and @Turbo_Dogon the cooldown thing. also, disconnection requires CONSENT from the jokul unless it's their own mother, because this is a FA that serves as a form of trial period for the most part for the fjarriagua, where they get a taste of the CA, but also not fully, so they get to actually be involved in things and do things, while serving as a new niche altogether for the coven before they know whether to fully commit, or if they wanna stay as an FA and fill another niche, or just dip altogether. there WILL be cases where a mother has accidentally recruited a jackass, requiring her to disconnect that jokul later down the line. keep in mind, only that jokul's Mother can disconnect them without consent. everything else requires consent

also who goes through the trouble of cursing people for an FA, making them join a ritual, then have to go through the entire ordeal that is having to disconnect them afterwards and contact the ST to keep them up to date on their FA? that's so mindblowingly stupid i didn't even think of it as a possibility

5 hours ago, Turbo_Dog said:

Ok so with 5 total slots per mother. Is there a cool down between creation or can I create them all back to back same day? And I take it when a Jøkul PKs a slot frees up right?

yh, adding cooldown and the FA freeing up slot after PK rn to the FA, gimme a moment to update it

I remember reading a comment on a previous post about the FW's saying that you had previously created lore that's "passable" But not enjoyable. This looks very fun for all party's. This sounds like it will massively mitigate the issues into teething into this aspect of roleplay within the coven, allowing people to learn about the lore as their persona progressively grows creating a more effective and better quality roleplay for everyone. Appreciate how much time you've put into creating something everyone can enjoy.