[✗] [Creature Lore] Flufs

Gaea_Foundation

Just now, Gaea_Foundation said:

I think this might be a lens issue on your side, while I can agree that the hype dies down, take a look at something like mana mice, which are still present and roleplayed on LOTC despite being several months old (i think lose to 6 months). While I do think you probably don't see them rped casually in chance encounter rp or within your circles, I do think they will remain very much present. 

Mana mice are a rare exception (though I'll note that I've never seen them roleplayed before). Where are the:

Feirfur

Tulpa

Gluttonous Gravediggers

Dust Mites

Jitterbugs

Spideers

Pgymy Flint Lizards

Mana Weave Bugs

This is only from page one. I could go on, but that would be a waste of time - my point is obvious

6 minutes ago, Gaea_Foundation said:

Additionally, I have a counter question for you, if this piece is passed and then only used consistently by one or two players/groups, what harm does the lore piece bring to the server? For magics and other heavy impact lore pieces, I would agree that its existence could be a detriment, but a harmless creature doesn't really impede the flow of the server and gives the fauna of the server a bit more fantasy spice.

Sure. I just think it's a waste not to write it in a manner where it's interesting enough to be consistently utilised IRP. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is some trait beyond their being fluffy balls, and if so lmk

also this isn't 'fantasy spice' it's league of legends lore basically copy-pasted lol

THEY EXIST IVE SEEN THEM 100% +11111111111111111111

i need 8

Side note. Actual Lore Feedback

Nearly everything in LoTC is stolen from another platform and medium. It's simply the nature of the server. 

It mentions natural predators and beyond them being in the cold it doesn't suggest a natural defense beyond forming Megazord. Which against most tundra creatures we possess wouldn't do much. As a troll can simply grab a branch and knock them apart. 

If I do may, suggest, speaking more on their horns and perhaps a more durable hide, and ways they they interlock to form a Fluft. As with horns and a durable hide they pose to perform blunt damage or at least means to impose fear on predators. And how they keep their own horns from harming each other in said fluft

In addition perhaps add a timer it takes for a Fluf to shed its furr in warm temperatures, whilst they have the panting like a dog mechanism, it doesn't appear to have a timer for the shedding. In addition unless I am blind (I am blind) It doesn't speak about the diet of a Fluf beyond saying they don't gain dietary requirements from eating meat. 

I could imagine that a Fluf that had to eat meat should. As in the Tundra there isn't a lot of vegetation to eat from. 

All and All, look forward to Fluf Bucket Ball Games. 

let us have flufs +1

holy shit i absolutely need these critters

+1, yet I fear the day ST come in and crush our poro-pillow dreams by denying this lore.
First the Aevosian Capypillar, now this...

6 hours ago, satinkira said:

Mana mice are a rare exception (though I'll note that I've never seen them roleplayed before). Where are the:

Feirfur

Tulpa

Gluttonous Gravediggers

Dust Mites

Jitterbugs

Spideers

Pgymy Flint Lizards

Mana Weave Bugs

Although I am not the author of the post I will answer about the creatures, although I did indeed not know about most of these creatures, I must say I, and some players I know are avid roleplayers of Pigmy Flint Lizards since the past map, cool little small dragon-like lizards yk yk? But yea, although they are NOT seen much in roleplay, more so casual roleplay, I have seen (and done) a few instances of RPing with pigmy flint lizards in front of people, or just RPing by myself!

On another side… Omg omg I love this omg…! Imagine having fluffy balls to deal with your char's depression! Solid +1! PLEASE ADD THEM STs/Mods idk…!

A lore piece that isn’t just stolen from warhammer. This has to be bait

Having too many creatures is an imaginary problem. If it gets too out of hand they can just be bundled into compendiums. 

13 hours ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

It mentions natural predators and beyond them being in the cold it doesn't suggest a natural defense beyond forming Megazord. Which against most tundra creatures we possess wouldn't do much. As a troll can simply grab a branch and knock them apart. 

If I do may, suggest, speaking more on their horns and perhaps a more durable hide, and ways they they interlock to form a Fluft. As with horns and a durable hide they pose to perform blunt damage or at least means to impose fear on predators. And how they keep their own horns from harming each other in said fluft

First off, thank you so much for the feedback, I love it.

I actually chose to not really explore the creatures interaction within its natural habitat much, as I intended for it to be a prey animal akin to a rabbit, or maybe more like a capybara (and I did not believe that it would add to the piece to mention). Anyways, I probably should have stated that the 'Fluft' can only really trample smaller predators, and would instead be formed as a way to flee from would be predators with extra momentum. I would say that the horns are probably small enough that the fur can protect the fluffs from friendly fire, but I could see that being an issue if the horns were upgraded for defense.

13 hours ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

In addition perhaps add a timer it takes for a Fluf to shed its furr in warm temperatures, whilst they have the panting like a dog mechanism, it doesn't appear to have a timer for the shedding.

Ah yes, I did not add a set time, though it would be intended to be under the idea of 'adaptation'. Since the creature is chiefly non-combative, I felt that defining it was unnecessary, and instead I left it vague so that those that rp it may interpret it in their own unique ways, as I think there might be many unique ways to adapt to a warmer environment!