[Fjarriagua Lore Addition] Frost Catalysts

satinkira

FORMER LORE (FROM RECENTLY DENIED REWRITE): 

Infused with the very essence of their altar itself, the Catalyst, a form of Cursed Ice further infused with their unholy magic, rendering the material far more brittle. Becoming akin to glass in durability. Although, it now glows a dim, icy blue. Ethereal wisps dancing within it. The Catalysts are a tool infused with the very magic of the Fjarrigua, as they may be used to empower and supply the Witch with a momentary source of frost for them to make use of, allowing them to cast within Hot regions as if they were within more frozen climates, needing only to connect to her powers over ice to make use of its effects

PROPOSED ADDITION:

Frost Catalyst - [Non-Combat]

A Catalyst is an object hosting the unholy magick of a Fjarriagua, through entrapping their own within an object of ice, rendering the material brittler- becoming akin to glass in durability. It is created over the course of [3] emotes:

The first emote is spent gathering the ice together,

The second emote is spent infusing it with the magicks of the Fjarriagua,

The third emote is spent finishing the spell. 

(The aesthetics, of course, must be frozen, ice-related, and witchy). 

Upon its creation, ethereal wisps begin to dance within it, emitting a soft, blue glow. This object now capable of being used as a source of ice should the Fjarriagua or Mother seek to draw from it, albeit finitely so - as if in a frozen region. During combat, a Fjarriagua can choose to draw from a Frost Catalyst on their person - this functions the same as connection.

The utilisation of Frost Catalysts produce tells. Examples of such may be:

- Veins coursing blue.

- Foggy breath, akin to icy regions.

- Flakes of ice breaking off their skin.

Ice Catalysts cannot be used without a tell. 

Red Lines:

-This permits Fjarriagua to cast as if in a Frozen Region.

- Only witches at T4 and above can make Catalysts - including Mothers - but any witch can use them.

-Catalysts have a 1 week creation cooldown timer.

-The Frost Catalyst may only be drawn from [3] times in combat before requiring to be passively recharged after the combat encounter. It must be within 10 blocks to draw from.
-Its creation involves entrapping a Fjarriagua's own magic within an object of ice, allowing her to draw upon it at a later time. Recharges after combat.
-Its aesthetics can range from being worn as jewelry, to being worn on armor, or even made as an object, statue or tool. Although its dim, wispy nature remains.
-Requires ST signature.
-Due to being glass in durability, they shatter easily, and will only require [2] blunt attack emotes to destroy.

-Dragonsflame and Voidal Fire destroy Catalysts in [1] emote. 

-Fjarriagua may only wear [1] on their person at any time, though are free to store excess Catalysts in physical chests/barrels (they CANNOT be stored in interdimensional pockets of any kind).

-They can only ever be as small as a necklace.

-They cannot be stored in interdimensional pockets of any kind.

-Catalysts cannot be detected by Arcane Flow, and cannot be detected by individuals with abilities to see mana.

CREDITS

Diogen wrote everything. I popped in an idea or two, as did Agytha and Leyd.

Spoiler

The frozen region mechanic binds the Fjarriagua's spellcasting to minecraft vanilla biomes and blocks. Only one active nation exists in a permanently frozen region - Haense. This permits the Fjarriagua to RP beyond a single area, without restricting the players as much.

CHANGELOG (29/12/2023)

- Clarified that Catalysts can only be as small as a necklace.

- Clarified that they can be stored in interdimensional pockets

PENDING-APPROVAL DOCUMENT EDITS (15/02/2024)

- Clarified the creation ritual.

- Clarified that Fjarriagua below T4 cannot utilise these, as they are only producable by Fjarriagua below T4 and a Witch cannot use a Catalyst made by another.

- Clarified that Dragonsflame and Voidal Magicks destroy the Catalyst in [1] emote.

- Clarified that blunt attacks destroy Catalysts in [2] emotes.

- Removed a redline stating that Catalysts can be stored in interdimensional pockets, and added one stating that they cannot be stored in interdimensional pockets.

- Added tells and how drawing from the Catalyst works.

- Clarified that Catalysts cannot be spotted by Arcane Flow goggles nor by individuals with the ability to see mana.

- Clarified that the Catalyst must be within [10] blocks to draw from. 

- Clarified that Catalysts have a 1 week creation cooldown period.

CHANGELOG (10/03/2024)

- Removed the T4 requirement for usage, as per LT feedback.

CHANGELOG (11/03/2024)

- Removed the [1] emote timer - Catalyst functions the same as connection.

(The additional emote maintained the exact same debuff that Fjarriagua suffer when in Hot/Dry regions and seeing as Catalysts fuel only so few spells. It therefore makes no sense, and is therefore being removed.)

Mods wrap this man up and send him to the Grinch. He has been found too jolly

2 minutes ago, Turbo_Dog said:

Mods wrap this man up and send him to the Grinch. He has been found too jolly

d790f9ac69abb1d9dbe4241ddc245a76.jpg

Ok now I got questions.

how many catalysis can a frost witch have at one time? I know only one can be used but can extra be held in case one breaks in combat?

can they be stored and hidden in extra dimensional storage spaces like voidal pockets?

How small and how big can they be?

Edited by Turbo_Dog

1 minute ago, Turbo_Dog said:

Ok now I got questions.

how many catalysis can a frost witch have at one time?

can they be stored and hidden in extra dimensional storage spaces like voidal pockets?

How small and how big can they be?

1) -Fjarriagua may wear as many as they want on their person, although to no extra benefit, as only the effects of one catalyst may be used in combat.

2) I hadn't considered that - I don't see why not, I'll add in the redline. 

3) As small as a necklace and theoretically as large as you want, but there's no point to lugging around a massive ice cube the size of a mammoth for the sake of a single RP encounter. If they can't be transported out of the frozen areas because they're so big, then using them is actually harmful in CRP because it takes an extra emote to cast.

Good idea however ummmm I don't like frost witches so they shouldn't get anything...

3 minutes ago, ClassyDryad said:

Good idea however ummmm I don't like frost witches so they shouldn't get anything...

yeahh.. true.. they should just be shelved tbh..

Back in my day-

No, seriously we used to have lots of different items that did this - all of which utilized cursed ice from the altar in some way, shape, or form. My witch (or well, I guess Vivec at the moment) has at least 3 of these items still, never got around to verifying with the ST if they’d still work. Brunhylde’s Bribe, False Princesses’ Fetish, and I forget the one that used to belong to Meguzara. If this ends up getting passed I’ll make sure the witches get them.

Anyway! Frost Witches in their current state are by far one, if not the, weakest dark arts magic/creature. Not that they’re designed to be endgames, but their lore inherently comes with a lot more downsides than it does reward. Over the years it’s only gotten worse. From the inclusion of charms (which now means our teeth, skin, blood, etc are even harder to conceal). The lack of available magic slots partnered with changes to their mentality which kills character development outside of the coven and makes it hard for them to do much else aside from the coven. The sisterhood is a pillar of the lore, yes, but when the sorority is MIA because the girls hate playing… 

I mean, no shit I’m biased, but something has got to give in favor of the witches. Once again they’ve fallen into a period of complete inactivity due to the circumstances surrounding their lore. 

+666 🥶

1 minute ago, kingnothing said:

wo

amen

Revive the Frost Hoes pls

wrong subforum buddy

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.