A RITTERS END [PK]

Heinrich II Lothar shook his head as Leutwin entered the Seven Skies "You had one task boy. To not die." The Prince, despite his harsh statement, smiled and welcomed his fellow Waldenian to the land of eternal life

Witold Jazlowiecki lit a candle for the late Barclay Ritter. "Another string for the grey tapestry of death," he whispered, watching the flickering fire of the candle. "May you find eternal peace now, good friend."

Sir Yvian looked on from the seven skies, the former Herrenmeisters face that of mourning as his fallen battle brother joined him, repeating the oath he had swore all those years ago, he drew his Cross for his brother.

"Until the light is gone,
Until the water is gone,
Until my life is gone..."

As venerable Leon had done for him, so did Yvian do for Leutwin,

he'd speak then with a soft sense of pride as he'd raise the a second Cross for his comrade and hand it to him.

"...Wielding my sword in valour until my breath is gone."

As Gottfried heard the news, a few simple words would be uttered

"Total, Veletzer, Death"

Leutwin’s father wandered the streets of Kanunsberg.. He brought his eyes to the sky - having learned of his son’s murder through his firstborn, Matthias. A hand fell to the pommel of his blade, in silent consideration. 

Ludolf let out a sigh, marching to the animal pens of Minitz - armed with nothing but a simple Arming Sword. He forced a goat from the pen, promptly putting it to the blade. The Templar fell to his knees, marking under his eyes in the blood of the slain animal.

“As I did decades ago with Ludrik von Katzak, I take my second oath of vengeance.”

From her confines in the chateau de Cors-Midden, news of her nephew's death was delivered to her by a handmaid. Amelia, the hysteric Baroness, did not light a candle, nor did she cry; instead-- she sat there, unresponsive.

Ludolf Barclay sat within the western tower that overlooked the bridge of St. Daniel. His studies were doing well for him, but despite his success thus far there was only one thing upon his mind. It was his family, and the boy missed them dearly so. Perhaps he'd get to visit them within the coming weeks and tell them all about monastic life. "I wonder how Papa is doing," he'd ask himself. 

"I ought to write him a letter!" Surely he was not prepared for the coming response. 

Lembic Urbran, an Oblazeki Gnome would hear the news of Leutwin's death, "Bloodeh 'eck! Wha' a shame.." He'd be a sad, wee little gnome.

Beaumont, a former priest would hear the news of Leutwin's death, sighing, "May you rest eternally in the Seven Skies, my friend." The murder of his friend did not help his crisis of faith.

Manny, a disheveled hobo would also hear the news of Leutwin's death. He didn't have much to say, but he'd weep for his close friend's passing.

Marcel Galken saluted the fallen Ritter “rest easy brother… you will not be forgetten” he paused to sign the Lorraine “you will be avenged”  

Winifred Barclay was handed the missive a smile upon her face as she questioned to the handmaiden "What is this? Another Nameday Invitation I hope!" She said as she greedily opened the envelope the missive was encased in. Yet her smile quickly came to an abrupt end as she read the first words of the letter her hands growing more shaky by the second. Her eyes darted over the missive swiftly as tears slowly swelled in her eyes, the paper absorbing the tears which fell from her reddened puffy eyes. As she fell to her knees, her heart ached in agony. "He isn't gone, this is blasphemy.. he isn't.. no.."  She muttered repeatedly under her breath as the soaked paper crumbled in her hands. "This is a  jest.. a jest it must be...She said glancing to her hand-maiden with a look of desperation and hope it was a terrible jest, the hand-maiden shook her head confirming it's truths Winifred grasped onto the woman's gown sobbing into the fabric. Her sobs echoing through the once quiet room as the hand-maiden made attempts to comfort her though her attempts merely fell through..

As the news reached Sir Stanton, he could be seen at the top of his ritter tower looking West towards Veletz. The Herrenmeister had lost one of his Ritters, and by far the kindest Ritter amongst those of his order. Sir Stanton knelt down in prayer for Leutwin's soul before standing once more and drawing is sword and symbolically pointing it westward.
"For ze murder of my King und for ze murder of my Ritter, I swear an oath of Vengeance. Wer Raster, Der Rostet!"

Matthias Barclay was tending to some acolytes when he received the letter from his brother's murderer.. "Not now!" He yelled to the courier, intent on continuing his teachings..

As the lesson progressed and eventually began to wrap up, curiosity filled the Cardinal's mind.. "What could possibly be in that letter? Perhaps a directive from the Pontiff? A response from Father Davide? Maybe a birthday has come up.." As thoughts and predictions on what the letter could possibly contain, the man made his way towards his study.

He took a seat at his desk before opening the seal on the letter. He opened it, reading it with much interest. "No.." He thought first, denying the possibility his beloved brother was murdered.. He teared up, distraught by the reality that now befell him.. "At the hands of a Raev.." He shook in anger and rage.

As the Cardinal experienced a plethora of emotions he remembered something.. something important.. "Leutwin's children.. They now fall under my care.." He then rose from his chair, gathering his things. "Little Winifred, Anselm.. The whole lot.. I've got to care for them.."

He then left his chambers, knowing what he now had to do..

A missive would be brought to the Master Alchemist of Reinmar, Klaus von Berkhoven. Upon finishing the missive, his hand wrapped around the parchment as he began to pace around as a million thoughts began to race in his head:

Klaus remembered meeting the Ritter as a young child, watching him grow up under the care of the then-Duke of Reinmar, saw the excitement in the young Barclay’s eyes as he told him about his knighting ceremony, then years later hearing from the man that he now had children… “His kinter…” Klaus brought a hand over his chest, as he signed the Lorraine Cross with it. The Alchemist’s sorrow then became anger, he would then bring his face into his hands.  “Ich have failed mein duty to protect du, Leutwin, Ich will kill every last Veletzer that gets in our way.” He murmured, then his heart broke as he had to break the news to his wife, her heart would be absolutely shattered, which caused Klaus to cry.

Within his room, Albrecht Barclay received the missive of his cousin’s passing. He had not gotten to known Leutwin personally, but he was family and the Barclay began to cry. After some time, Albrecht signed the Lorraine across his chest. “May du fly in the Seven Skies, Cousin Leutwin.”

A former landser, a pale elf who was known for her drifting, mourned the loss in her own way. Many an hour was spent praying for his safe passage and reflecting upon memories shared; foes vanquished and obstacles overcome. While their time together had been brief, and their paths had diverged, the death had been acknowledged and even felt by Valindra Nullivari, the scion on the eternal path to redemption.

For the humans, it was merely an "Until we meet again."

But for the woman with a fractured being and pointed ears, it was an eternal and rather permanent "Farewell."

The Former Landser, Arthur, had laid eyes upon a note informing him. He silently chuckled, as if trying to force himself to not care. Still, though, he found tears running from his remaining eye as he thought about one of his first friends in Aevos. "Rest well, buddy." he whispered out, through a tight voice.