March Events 2024

Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down for my comment ;-;

I've always really enjoyed the forum competitions CT members have done with those themes, they're perfect places for players to show off their talents and try something new.

But seeing builds for IRL holidays and finding items with descriptions of "from the 2022 holloween event!" (paraphrasing) just feels out of place for the server.  Major holidays like Halloween and Christmas are w/e because the whole community usually partakes in that stuff naturally due to how large those holidays are made to be IRL.  I'm pretty sure lore for a comet that passes by every few decades was even written to make "Krugsmas" more lore-friendly for the server (though I can't remember if it was accepted or not).  Either way, I usually kind of just ignore that stuff in RP anyways.

It's great to see OOC events formed to bring players together such as movie nights, ect - but if an event is to be done ON server, it would be nice to see it be more beneficial for RP and suitable for the server's setting.  Like encouraging players to visit other nations and interact, maybe a screenshot competition could be had - like find the best cinematic shot, or see who can take the coolest group photo.

Once again, due to the comments above thinking I am complaining over this its honestly not a major deal, I don't care if this changes or doesn't.  I don't see why there is any reason to genuinely get salty over people making an effort to bring others together.  There's a difference between healthy criticism and just plain disparaging comments.

Just wanted to type here to clarify -- Community Team works more so towards bringing the LOTC server community TOGETHER! Not so much IRP events (while we DO roleplay with everyone while doing these events: for example, bringing gifts to people IRP) it is the Story Team's job to bring RP events! Please keep this in mind when offering constructing criticism! 

On 3/1/2024 at 10:05 PM, beetle said:

these events are great but they dont feel very mineman related

bring back skin contests plssssss (especially with the theme color to the season, best ones tbh)

Join the skin contests if you really want them that much... we've had them and our last couple skins contests have only had 1-3 people joining. The last of which ended only a month ago!

Not much of a contest if only one person joins and they instantly get first place.

1 hour ago, SaviourMeme said:

Join the skin contests if you really want them that much... we've had them and our last couple skins contests have only had 1-3 people joining. The last of which ended only a month ago!

Not much of a contest if only one person joins and they instantly get first place.

that is also true, i just like looking at the entries

On 3/1/2024 at 6:08 PM, UnBaed said:

Is it me, or has it always felt weird to see IRL holidays and events like these coming into the server?  Not to diss anyone for their work to try and do something fun for the community, but it's always felt jarring and out of place to come across this stuff in game

Halloween and Krugsmas are always my favorites. It would be nice if sometimes we got a little more tie-in with server lore, though.