[YOUR VIEW] Alchemy Bags

Greehn

+10 for this, Greehn!

As someone with an active Alchemy FA, I would 1000000% love to have this plugin on the server to make herbs runs easier for me and my friends when to coming to having a place to put the herbs we collect and better deal with inventory management.

As for the tiers of Alchemy Bags, you can have a the base of the crafting recipes be leather and string. Depending on which tier of bag you decide to craft, you can increase the amount of leather and string and have a certain amount of metals or gems.

Crafting Examples: 

Small Bag = 8 Leather, 4 String, 4 Iron

Medium Bag = 16 Leather, 8 String, 8 Gold

Large Bag = 24 Leather, 16 String, 4 Diamonds

Depending on how Tech Team wants to balance the recipes, y’all can increase or decrease the amount of materials someone would have to grind to be able to make Alchemy Bags.

In conclusion, I personally think this is an overall wonderful idea for a plug-in for one of the most popular FAs on the server.

i’d kill for this plugin 

I approve. Even if it was only the smallest one for a stack of leather. Which wouldn't be friendly for newer players. So make it not too expensive.

My feedback would only be to make the large bag able to store every single alchemical herb that you can gather, the medium like 50% of the total unique ones, and the small like 25%, that way you dont need to buy like one small and a large or something like that. also remove chat timers thanks.

Will this fix the issue of herbs not stacking? Sometimes herbs don't stack when you harvest them and you have to wait a while before they will stack. I'm not sure what causes this issue.

This is a great idea and will help anyone that is a Merchant, Alchemist, or even both when it comes to the collection, storage, and selling of alchemical herbs or the bags themselves!

I also love the idea of having different tiers of Alchemy Bags that differ in material costs to make depending on what tier of bag you want.
It can even be roleplayed out by an Alchemy teacher as a milestone to show how far their student has gone from being a student to a fellow master or a rite of passage in an Alchemist family.

Great plug-in idea, great roleplay opportunities, this is a 100% YES from me!

this is great

top 10

Yes please, this will make gathering so much easier.

2 hours ago, Greehn said:
2 hours ago, NLThomas said:

Would we be able to rename the bag? If so, that would be huuuuge for alchemy storage in general.

Ideally I would LIKE to have alchemy bags keep their original names and lore.

what about labeling them for tracking purposes? example i have a bag specifically for 1 kind of herb, and so i can label it that herb name? edit: maybe under a description rather than the item name

btw I LOVE U THANK U SM

I want to start this off by saying how this is amazing!! I'm very much looking forward to seeing this in-game!

For the larger bag, I think it would be a really nice idea to be able to place your sheers. Make it feel more like a kit? I feel this way about the fishing plugin too. I personally don't understand the reason for a bag limit.. I can see issues with crafting bags alone.

I agree with Digit's examples for crafting examples

2 hours ago, Digit_005 said:

Crafting Examples: 

As a final and personal question.

When are shulker boxes/backpacks coming back? Please, please, please bring them back!! I'm just an Arcas boomer wanting more inventory space.

i love this smmm - this will make medical and alchemy rp SOOO much easier

but i'm curious, will we see this plugin for alchemy potions? especially for non combat potions

3 hours ago, Digit_005 said:

Crafting Examples: 

I'll keep it real, I was thinking about making them a lot more expensive than this. I'll explain my logic later.

2 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

Will this fix the issue of herbs not stacking? Sometimes herbs don't stack when you harvest them and you have to wait a while before they will stack. I'm not sure what causes this issue.

I am not aware of such an issue. If you can dm me on discord about this, we'll see what we can do.

1 hour ago, teeylin said:

what about labeling them for tracking purposes? example i have a bag specifically for 1 kind of herb, and so i can label it that herb name? edit: maybe under a description rather than the item name

Already thinking of an an idea to add labels. Will update you all soon.

34 minutes ago, Bethinwonderland said:

For the larger bag, I think it would be a really nice idea to be able to place your sheers. Make it feel more like a kit? I feel this way about the fishing plugin too. I personally don't understand the reason for a bag limit.. I can see issues with crafting bags alone.

The whole idea of the plugin was to only make this available for players who wish to expand their inventory or organize it a little when it comes to alchemy herbs. However, I do not want to throw the natural balance out of your inventory.

MY LOGIC BEHIND THIS

(Credit RaiderBlue & BLOODSTALK):

Think of your inventory as the a bag you carry already.

There needs to be a balance with everything in life. If we start giving players too much inventory space, then they won't buy or obtain houses to store their excess items in. While for many this idea seems cool, it is not my intention to run any nation, duchy, barony, or land owners out of business. I am not trying to completely throw the natural balance of the inventory out with this, hence why I am limiting the number of bags you can carry to 1, and for the foreseeable future, having this be the only bag/expansion of inventory.

Yell at me all you want, but this stance is firm for now.

41 minutes ago, Bethinwonderland said:

When are shulker boxes/backpacks coming back? Please, please, please bring them back!! I'm just an Arcas boomer wanting more inventory space.

^^

33 minutes ago, beetle said:

but i'm curious, will we see this plugin for alchemy potions? especially for non combat potions

As of right now, no.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE QUESTIONS! KEEP THEM COMING!

make sure you can only craft 1 at a time cause of dupes if they are stacked in any way

Yes!