[✗] [TEMPLARISM AMENDMENT] Fervent Flare Changes.

xMuted

[T2] FERVENT FLARE - ACTIVE

When surrounded by enemies, or perhaps seeking to disrupt wicked sorceries, a Templar may set ablaze the courageous aura that swells within them and expel it outwards with a blinding flash. A vibrant white will overwhelm the sight of those who bear witness, and those deceitful foes who would hide within the realm of shadows are forced to manifest.

OLD:

Spoiler

MECHANICS:

Fervent Flare requires [3] Emotes to cast: The First to brace one’s body in a stiff position, the Second to manifest a courageous, wispy white aura about their person, and the Third to expel said aura within a [10] block radius. This spell may be cast a maximum of TWICE per combat scenario.

Victims who gaze upon the expelled flare will be endowed with blindness for [2] emotes. The First emote would be a complete blindness as one’s vision becomes overwhelmed with a white radiance. The Second emote following would be akin to a partial haze as their vision begins to recover, with rough shapes being visible.

Invisible entities such as Ghosts, Corcitura, ETC. would be forced to manifest and become visible should they find themselves within range of the Fervent Flare. Too would Deadbreath be made transparent within a [4] Block radius for the duration [5] Emotes; it is noted that should a Templar be T4 or higher, the Deadbreath will dissipate completely within the allotted radius.

REDLINES:

• Fervent Flare does NOT affect those who divert their head or close their eyes. A Templar must close their eyes in order to remain unaffected by their own spell.

• Fervent Flare’s radius is a maximum of TEN BLOCKS from where the Templar is standing when expelled.

• Fervent Flare’s effects are momentary, and last only several narrative seconds when exposed. This is to say that there is no long-term visual damage.

• Fervent Flare is incapable of affecting Seers and the blind.

• Fervent Flare is incapable of affecting Illusions.

• Fervent Flare will render invisible entities visible to the naked eye. This said, Fervent Flare cannot be used to check for Ghosts unless there exists a reasonable explanation for a Templar to be suspicious.

• Dark Hazes originating from Dark Magic, such as Deadbreath, would be made more transparent as a result of Fervent Flare for the duration of 5 emotes and in a 4 Block radius. This is to say that only visibility will drastically improve, but other debilitating effects of the Dark Haze may still affect a Templar. This does NOT apply to Smoke Whispers or Voidal Obsurcants.

NEW:

Spoiler

MECHANICS:

Fervent Flare requires [2] Emotes to cast: The First to brace one’s body in a stiff position, and to manifest a courageous, wispy white aura about their person, and the Second to expel said aura within a [8] block radius. This spell may be cast a maximum of TWICE per combat scenario.

Victims who gaze upon the expelled flare will be endowed with blindness for [2] emotes. The First emote would be a complete blindness as one’s vision becomes overwhelmed with a white radiance. The Second emote following would be akin to a partial haze as their vision begins to recover, with rough shapes being visible.

Invisible entities such as Ghosts, Corcitura, ETC. would be forced to manifest and become visible should they find themselves within range of the Fervent Flare. Too would Deadbreath be made transparent within a [4] Block radius for the duration [5] Emotes; it is noted that should a Templar be T4 or higher, the Deadbreath will dissipate completely within the allotted radius.

REDLINES:

• Fervent Flare does NOT affect those who divert their head or close their eyes. A Templar must close their eyes in order to remain unaffected by their own spell.

Fervent Flare’s radius is a maximum of EIGHT BLOCKS from where the Templar is standing when expelled.

• Fervent Flare’s effects are momentary, and last only several narrative seconds when exposed. This is to say that there is no long-term visual damage.

• Fervent Flare is incapable of affecting Seers and the blind.

• Fervent Flare is incapable of affecting Illusions.

• Fervent Flare will render invisible entities visible to the naked eye. This said, Fervent Flare cannot be used to check for Ghosts unless there exists a reasonable explanation for a Templar to be suspicious.

• Dark Hazes originating from Dark Magic, such as Deadbreath, would be made more transparent as a result of Fervent Flare for the duration of 5 emotes and in a 4 Block radius. This is to say that only visibility will drastically improve, but other debilitating effects of the Dark Haze may still affect a Templar. This does NOT apply to Smoke Whispers or Voidal Obsurcants.

The rationale behind this change is that the current [3] emote count of Fervent Flare doesn't stack up against our other spells, and is very underwhelming compared to those other options. I personally did not see anything wrong with the old version under the name 'Burst Body' but I can understand the rationale of it being a bit too oppresive against concentration based casting magics. 

To tune it down from the old version, I have changed the effective range of the spell to [8] blocks so that casters can still be a safe distance away from a Templar to not get their concentration broken whilst making Fervent Flare more useful in situations where Templars are in a melee range with their opponent. 

Currently, the [3] emote counts of our other offensive options are quite useless in CRP once the combat has started, since it can be easily disrupted when in melee combat. Giving Templars this [2] emote version of Burst Body back with a range nerf is a healthy balance of not being too strong whilst still being fast, but disruptable and giving us an option other then the normal melee combat that everyone has access to.

Z.png?ex=66032138&is=65f0ac38&hm=e95a52b

HE DID IT +1

Seriously speaking, I don't think I ever used fervent flare outside of events or finding ghosts after the change to 3 emotes.

I agree

+1

Yeap +1

my radiant banner is USELESS with this amendment +1

pls +1

+1

2 hours ago, xMuted said:

[T2] FERVENT FLARE - ACTIVE

When surrounded by enemies, or perhaps seeking to disrupt wicked sorceries, a Templar may set ablaze the courageous aura that swells within them and expel it outwards with a blinding flash. A vibrant white will overwhelm the sight of those who bear witness, and those deceitful foes who would hide within the realm of shadows are forced to manifest.

Hide contents

MECHANICS:

Fervent Flare requires [2] Emotes to cast: The First to brace one’s body in a stiff position, and to manifest a courageous, wispy white aura about their person, and the Second to expel said aura within a [8] block radius. This spell may be cast a maximum of TWICE per combat scenario.

can you rename this spell to Burst Body and return its old casting tell too pls

Eh

I used to love using Burst Body it was incredibly OP if you were a solo templar and being 2 turns it was one of the quicker methods of blinding people and especially useful if you were being ganked. But it was very broken and probably not all that fair to those on the receiving end. I wouldn't be mad if we went back to 2 emotes since it's no skin off me but a 10 to 8 meter distance change is barely a balance for cutting a emote count down. How i'd want to improve the spell if anything would be removing the first emote's need to brace one's self so the templar can move fluidly 4 blocks while preparing fervent flare to avoid being attacked before you finish casting.

1 hour ago, Reckless Banzai Screamer said:

Eh

I used to love using Burst Body it was incredibly OP if you were a solo templar and being 2 turns it was one of the quicker methods of blinding people and especially useful if you were being ganked. But it was very broken and probably not all that fair to those on the receiving end. I wouldn't be mad if we went back to 2 emotes since it's no skin off me but a 10 to 8 meter distance change is barely a balance for cutting a emote count down. How i'd want to improve the spell if anything would be removing the first emote's need to brace one's self so the templar can move fluidly 4 blocks while preparing fervent flare to avoid being attacked before you finish casting.

It really wasn't that OP, and if someone sees it once they know the tell for the rest of their life anyways.

Three emotes for this spell is just way too long for any use compared to other options.

Never once did I hear anyone complain about Burst Body as it was, and I wasn't sure why ur was changed. With this three emote version I haven't seen it used once in combat since it's criminally underpowered.

Two emotes for a flashbang is fine, there's plenty counter play to it before you get blinded and even if you get blinded.

Three emotes for something a person can counter by closing their eyes is silly.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.